title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Wednesday? Already?

Where does the time go?

I ordered my carpeting on Friday--it will be here in 10 days to 2 weeks.

Meanwhile, I have been getting the house back in order--kinda.  I washed, ironed my kitchen curtains and got them back up and knick-knacks back up where they belong--all washed and shiny.  Scrubbed the stove and counter-tops and mopped the floor.





The living room is still in disorder--why put everything back when I will just have to move it out again when the carpet arrives?  Got my long table up, putting together a genealogy to mail out tomorrow.  

I put in a new furnace filter while I was at it and scrubbed the bathroom shower room.


and of course, this room remains the complete mess it always is
UNTIL, I can get the stuff back in the living room 
and tidy up in here--
which badly needs a paint job! 


In between times of cleaning, I rested by starting another genealogy.

Meanwhile--no rain here since June 16th!!!  My lawn is shaded, so it is still green, not that I care if it all burned up!  Less money spent to Don the Lawn Mowing Man.  HAH.

In the evening's I watch a little TV and knit on the baby sweater I am finished up for Friend Chris.

Yesterday, I got all my hairs cut.  It has been 5 weeks and my hair grows like a Wild Feed.  About every 4 weeks a trim is needed.

Still waiting for my sister and BIL to travel this way so he can swap out my fridge hinges/handles, level the fridge and install my GFI plug for the long awaited TV media center/electric fireplace.

I just happened to think.  This whole redecorating plan started 2 years ago when I decided to fulfill my life-long dream of having a fireplace in my home--albeit a fake one because---it is as it is.

Then I looked around and knew I had to get this place painted.  That led to the knowledge that I could put only so many scatter rugs down on the carpet to cover up the "worn to the jute" areas without the living room looking very strange, which led to, "My living couch and chair are worn and will look like junk with the new carpeting."

Always happens.  Doesn't it?  

Life is good!!


8 comments:

  1. You've been a regular worker bee. If you figure out how to bottle that up and sell it, I'll be first in line. Which of the three carpet samples did you end up ordering---the dark, medium or light gray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, Your home is getting as radiant as you. Hah! You're the general contractor, designer, maintenance woman, and money vault. Best of all, you're the woman this is all for!

    How are your cats coping with the changes? Not to mention your regular visitors. Hmmm, ever consider banning smoking in your new decor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking loverly!!! It must be hard to live through the project but it won't be long!!

    We got new carpet at the Oregon house a few years before we sold. Two levels. We had to hire people to move the upstairs furniture into the garage. After it was carpeted, we had them move it all back up. Then the same with the downstairs. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new coat of paint can really make a huge difference, huh!
    You look really healthy and happy in that picture. I'm so glad life is good for you, and hope it stays around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything's shaping up! Good job, there Judy. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy about your fireplace dream coming true. It will be good in winter to imagine you enjoying it. We are closing the flue above our gas logs, cleaning out the cave (we never use the logs; it gets too hot in the room), scrapping the ghastly outdated doors on the front, and getting an elegant wrought-iron screen to disguise it. The brick hearth will be painted a light color. It's coming along! Renovations-R-Us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It's all coming together. You are going to love it. Can't wait to see the finished product. Go, Judy.

    ReplyDelete