title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday Walk-About

Come with me while I take a walk-about around my wee home.  
I'm barefooted, so you might want to take off your shoes too?


As I step out onto my front porch.....

                                              This is the view from my top step


 Where the new people's house will go--facing the street--long ways
Jackie's house is blue, Dar next door(beige house)
Across from Dar, Pearl (green truck)
Tami-red car

 Jackie has some beautiful gardens--this one by our mail boxes

This one between her and Dar
Dar has no flowers--she hates gardening, but--she does have a nice sawdust pile there in the left background :-)

Back to my house

We'll take a walk around to the west
I see something way back there in my wild flower garden

 Oh my Gosh!  
It's an actual May/Mandrake apple!
It looks like a small Yellow Delicious apple,
but I think we had better not eat it!


Right to left:  Rose of Sharon-not blooming              
Forsythia, didn't bloom at all, but now, is growing like crazy!
Another Rose of Sharon bush with  one--count 'em--one bloom 



Lilac-Rose of Sharon-Lilac
 I have white and pink blossoms on this Rose of Sharon

My shed and fine crop of Zinnia's
Gidget Yappy Dog lives in that house on the left

I honestly thought this Rose of Sharon was dead.
I think parts of it are, but will wait to see
These blossoms are kind of purplish-mauve 


This poor Privet Hedge!
Our harsh winter sure did a number on it.
I may cut back the dead branches-
had thought to have them pulled out, but....

There is new growth on the bottom of each bush


Coming back around to the front

We usually don't look off to our right, because....
 There is a lot of "stuff" in Tami's yard
junk piled up by her porch and so many "things"


My poor tiny perennial garden in front is fading.

My Purple Hyacinth Bean plant
is growing nicely, but...
will I ever see a big purple pod? 
                                  

                             Back up to my front porch 


This came fluttering down from the Maple tree-
just as I stepped up on the bottom step


My Mother would have a fit and tell me, 
"Don't bring that in the house.  
It's probably covered with fleas!"
But--now that I live alone, I can put it in my Indian pottery bowl,
along with all my other collected feathers,
right next to my empty bird's nest. :-)

A nice walk-about on a gorgeous day. 



10 comments:

  1. The was a great tour. You've got more space between your manufactured homes they have between the parks around where I live. What has always surprised me about your park is that fact that in your park you each have to cut your own grass or arrange for it to be cut. I do have that right, don't I? Here, the big mowers come in and do the grass all on the same day. I'm also surprised that you have to pay to have trees trimmed and cut.

    I like your feather collection. I always pick them up but then don't know what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get water, snow removal, garbage and yard waste pick-up included in our rent AND the new management is cutting down trees that residents have requested. They cut down my messy Mulberry tree a couple weeks ago. I have one of my flower containers sitting on the stump. We also have double parking pads and park off the street--some parks around here don't have that. Our rent is $360 a month, so that's not too bad. Yes--I pay $20 to have my lawn mowed--every two weeks.

      Delete
    2. I stand corrected on who pays for the tree cutting. That's a nice park you live in.

      Delete
  2. that was a very nice tour ! You have some great shots and wow are your zinnias ever putting on a display!

    Whew, it's hot, though...hope that you have some iced tea ready to bring out now? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did get hot yesterday afternoon--I shut up the house, turned on the A/C, and got an ice cold Diet Pepsi and sat down to watch the golf tournament. Nice and cool this morning.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tour. Your flowers are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so pretty and green. Vickie Okc

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the tour, Judy. Your place is beautiful. It looks so welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a nice place to live, Judy. Love all your plants! I laughed out loud at Dar's - not a gardener but she has a pile of sawdust. I can't help it, that was funny! Thanks for your prayers for Jase, he's gonna be fine but it does get scary when the fever gets that high; I always worry about convulsions.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I surely enjoyed the Sunday walk-around! Now when you write about the neighbor ladies I can put a picture with the words. Your zinnia bed is beautiful! Aren't they the most reliable flower there is!

    ReplyDelete