title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, August 25, 2014

It's Not The Heat--It's the Humidity

Well--it's both hot and humid..and I don't like it.
==================================

I had a productive weekend!  My friend Chrissy and I got to talk on the phone--a couple of times.  Trying to get her cookbook set up on Amazon.  We finally did it and it went up and on sale today!  This is the coolest cookbook I have ever seen!  I wish I'd had it when I was a young married.  I could barely cook, let alone figure out how to put an entire meal together.

This cookbook, has a menu for the entire meal.  No looking in the cookbook for the main dish, then rummaging in Grandma's recipe box for dessert, or trying to find the recipe you clipped and have since lost.   Chrissy had a very unique idea and it took her quite a few years to organize all of it and get it done.




Here's the link, if you want to check it out on Amazon
=================
While I was working, I occasionally looked through the windows to see what was going on across the street.

 There appeared to be an argument as to where the driveway
was to be.  Dad threw his hands up in the air and went over to
sit on the steps.





 In the midst of all these equipment, Don, the Lawn Mowing Guy came in
to mow my lawn, as well as Jackies and Dars.

 I thought perhaps I should go out and get my mail.
Plus, check out the front side of this nice back size.
Just a little "man shopping" you know.
I sweetly said, "Good morning."
He said, "Mmftt."
I said, "Sometimes the preparation is harder than the actual job."
He said, "Sfmmt, tfmmf"
All this without even looking up.
I figured he is not worth my time or engaging and charming personality!!



The foundation is ready for the concrete.
They threw up the small front porch this morning.  It does nothing for the house.  They need a larger porch--one that would come under the double windows, with a roof.  I watched as the lady tried to get up the steps.  She had to step back down on the top steps to open the screen door.  This is going to cause a problem in the winter.  Maybe they plan on using the back porch?  Still--those front steps are UGLY!!
===================
For some reason, Buddy cat has decided he wants to sit/lay on my desk!


So today, I put a nice big vase of Zinnia's in that place.  So, the big cat is on the table.




14 comments:

  1. I have always found it hard to plan the timing of the various parts of cooking a meal. If your friend's cookbook solves that problem for people she's really on to something different.

    The front porch really is stupid. What were they thinking? Considering the age of the guy who will be living there it's especially an accident waiting to happen when you have to back down a step to open a door. How crazy is that!

    You can't blame Buddy for wanting to be where the action is. You are very trusting to put a vase of flowers where he wants to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so mellow, Jean, that he wouldn't lay anywhere near it. He would never touch it. Now, Maggie? She might end up taking all the flowers out of the vase and scattering them through the house!

      Delete
    2. Backside friendly guy, NO!
      The place looks nice; maybe they can't afford anything else now, and will add s new porch later. It looks nice, though! (except for that) :)

      Delete
    3. Sal--they drive a 2014 Buick LaCrosse and a 2012 Chevrolet, so I think they are okay, money-wise. :-)

      Delete
    4. For sure unless they're up to their necks in debt, which I doubt. LOL

      Delete
  2. Those zinnias are really beautiful, but, Judy, really, you do know that cats can sleep where ever they wish, too....LOL. it is a wonder he didn't knock the vase over. My sister's cat did that very thing this week so she could birdwatch from a bay window.
    One would hope that set of steps is temporary until the real ones are installed. Looks like an accident waiting to happen.
    Such fun watching the progress of the new house...Happy day...M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buddy, you are such a sweet kitty. I know you want to be on Mama's desk, but at least she gave you some pretty zinnias to look at.

    From your first pic of the house, I thought the front steps were awful, and now that I know they aren't even functional really, they're even worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I make a comment on the cookbook's description on Amazon, since I found the first two sentences really confusing? Now that I've thought about it awhile, I think I understand. However, as written, many people won't relate to the first sentence because, like me, we've already simplified dinner preparation by making one dish/ one recipe meals, like stews, pizza, salads, etc. It's only when I want to combine several distinct dishes into one dinner that I throw up my hands - it's too complicated!

    Amazon's description might say "When dinner is a menu of several separate dishes, juggling several recipes at once can be vexing. It needn't be. This cookbook simplifies this process by ...".

    FWIW, this cookbook is probably something I need when and if I'm entertaining or cooking meals when I have time to prepare a menu of many dishes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHMYGOSH! Your description is much better. After you have written, edited, re-edited, re-edited, looked at a book over and over, for a year while you are working on it--some errors just go right past your eyes. Thanks for your help. Do you want a percentage of any that sell?

      Delete
    2. Glad to help. LOL. This got me thinking... While I was mowing the lawn this afternoon, I was making up promotion copy. Here goes:

      This cookbook will turn your inner mouse into a Dinner Diva. With grace and wit, C. W. Mouse reveals complete menus based on classic dishes that even deep fried Eddie and vegan Mary will enjoy. Her minute by minute instructions weave appetizer through dessert preparation into ONE easy to follow recipe. No need to play CEO, jumping from cookbook to cookbook, while your inner demons play strip poker with your composure. Yes, even the Governor could come over. Rest assured, any menu in Mrs. Mouse’s Menu Cookbook will bring out the Bipartisan Diva in you, too.

      O.K. A little over the top. In any case it made my mowing chore easier. BTW, Since you don't have a "Look Inside" feature for the cookbook, perhaps you could list a few of its menus?


      Delete
    3. I was confused, too, and know a better description will help improve sales of the book.

      Delete
    4. There is a 16 page sample look. I loaded the link on the Amazon page, but can't for the life of me see where it is listed! I'll check again right now and see what I can come with.

      Delete
  5. The book's description is clear to me now. Nice! Together with its 16 page sample, it'll be very intriguing. I hope Amazon is more help to get it up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those front steps look horrible, maybe they'll put on a real porch at some future time.

    ReplyDelete