title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, August 21, 2014

No Headache. No Yucky Tummy. No Dizziness. 0.5 Ativan :-)

Lesson of the day:

It is NOT a trailer--although it trails along behind a big truck.
It is NOT a mobile home--although is can be moved and transported.
It is NOT a modular home--although it comes in two different sections.
It IS a Manufactured home, and if you call it a trailer (as I do), people that live in them are going to correct you!

Manufactured homes are made in a factory.  They are made to stricter codes than a Modular Home.  They have sturdier frames, thicker walls, more insulation and vinyl windows.  They are built better and made to withstand 110 mph winds.  Their frame is "tied-down" with chains cemented into the footings.

All that being said, "you can put a dress and lipstick on a pig and it is still a pig."  You can dress up and prettify a trailer and it is still a trailer.  :-)









I don't think my Purple Hyacinth Bean Plant
has enough time before the frost comes
to make any pods.
The flower sure is pretty though.







Aaron putting the mailboxes back up
When I met this kid, he was at my door
handing out his flyers to get any
handy-man jobs available.
He did a lot for me at a cost of
"whatever you can pay me Ma'am."
Now he is Manager of Grounds at the park
and the last time I hired him, it was
$20.00 an hour.




In place, tomorrow starts the putting up on blocks,
leveling and putting it back together.
========================
Lunch with the Old School Gal Pals Today

Pretty good looking for a bunch of old broads!

Then it was out to The Farm to visit lil' sis and get some REAL food.  
I stopped to take a couple of pictures of (my) Pammie's place.  It is looking much better and she put in a real nice perennial garden this spring.





8 comments:

  1. When Don and I looked at manufactured homes after his stroke the sales people are quick to correct you if you called them anything else. People who buy them are silly about the distinction although by law many/most townships will let you put them on building lots where they won't allow modulars or trailers. So there must be differences that don't show to us 'commoners.' They made some nice ones including ones set up for wheelchairs but you can still spot them easily in any neighborhood.

    Pammie's grass sure looks good this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You no longer have to worry about the over-sized shed blocking your view because the house blocks the shed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That trailer (!) looks like it's going to be very nice..however Pammies house looks wonderful! How pretty is her landscaping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pammie's house and yard is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for Pammie; her place looks wonderful. She sure has done a LOT! :)

    I'm glad you had a good time with the girls. That's always nice!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. And, I meant to say I'm so glad you're feeling better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Pammie's place! Her flower beds are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy,
    There's so much to comment about on this post that I don't know where to begin. First, your relationship with Pammie is wonderful. What a sweetheart she is, and you're both so comfortable with each other. Her/your house is beautiful. I love that style house and her grass is fantastically green and her perennial garden is lovely.

    I'm liking your new neighbor's "manufactured home" very much. It looks pretty snazzy... just what I need. All one floor = easy living.

    I would not want snake/scorpion/centipede in my garage or even in the same state as me. Yikes!

    I once stole a couple of purple hyacinth bean pods off a vine that was growing on a porch in front of a restaurant. That was during my rebel days. I loved that thing and had one for years when I lived in Maryland. It's a known fact that plants that are stolen grow better than ones that are bought. :)

    ReplyDelete