title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Yawn

Well--you all have enlightened me!  Thanks for that.  I do like knowing of how you all have met some of life/relationship problems and resolved them into goodness.

Again, my perspective comes from my background.  On my Mother's side of the family--Methodist minister's for 5 generations.  It wasn't talked about, but "assumed" that we would all marry Protestant's and preferably Methodist's.   My Mother probably would have been tickled pink if I had married the Baptist preachers son!

Just an aside here--a memory.  The kids I knew that were Baptist, weren't allowed to come to any of the school dances and they didn't play cards.  What the rest of us noticed however, on any class or band trips, especially on the way home, the Baptist kids were in the back of the bus necking like crazy!  Us Methodist kids were up in front playing Euchre.  HAH!

On our second date, I asked Fred.  "I know you live close to Ann Arbor and usually date women from there.  Who do you root for in sports?  Michigan or Michigan State?"

He answered, "I root for Wisconsin."

"Who do you root for when Michigan and Michigan State play each other?"

"Michigan State.  I can't stand those arrogant people from Ann Arbor."

Needless to say, he was a keeper.  In my weird brain, I would have MORE problems living with someone who was a Michigan fan, than living with someone who was a Catholic or Democrat.  HAH!  I am so shallow!
====================
Okay, I gotta ask.  This probably only pertains to you living north of the Mason/Dixon line but....I have been so lethargic for the last couple of weeks.  No gumption nor energy to do anything.  I would like to snuggle into my bed and sleep for the next 15 hours!  

I don't know if it's because the darkness is coming earlier and earlier each day or if it's from the cooler weather, but I just want to hibernate.  I have to push myself to do anything!  Twice in the last two weeks, I have fallen asleep in my recliner at 4:00 each time.  I NEVER take a nap  I find myself yawning during the day.

I don't remember going through this last fall.  I wonder what could be causing this.
==============
Flu shot today.  It didn't hurt and so far, my arm is not aching.  That's about all the energy I could extend today.  

8 comments:

  1. It's a wonder any of us find a compatible spouse in this world. We all have so many requirements on our lists, at least now we do. When I was young I didn't have anything on my list of must-haves in a man.

    I haven't been lethargic with the weather change and night coming sooner but I fully believe it does happen. I don't sleep well. My mind won't shut off! Drives me crazy,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hibernating. But I'm having trouble sleeping the past two weeks. FitBit concurs. Very restless when I do get to sleep.

    Relationships are a LOT of compromise ... on both sides. How did we find such good matches???


    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... on paper Mark and I definitely shouldn't have lasted as a couple. I think it's the fact that we share the character trait of 'curiosity'. This means that we're prepared to try out most things and have found a load of shared enthusiasms along the way. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a funny story about Fred. You two did worship the same God!

    There can be so many reasons for lethargy. 'Time out' to rejuvenate or recover from something??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the changes in the daylight hours (and whoa before long, we have to fall back an hour) are probably why you're feeling this way. But, what do I know? I've been sleeping later for a while now. And, don't feel one ounce of regret for doing so. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely I think its the changes in the daylight hours. SAD can effect people in different ways. This too shall pass! I would like nothing better than to hole up for a week or two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been having trouble getting to sleep and then trouble getting up....even Emma is messed up. She usually wakes me up at 6:30 every morning, but she doesn't start trying to get up till after 7 now. I always have trouble adjusting to waking up when it's still dark out.

    I've never paid much attention to mixed marriages of any kind. I remember having a long discussion with a Jewish friend of mine as to why he wouldn't even consider dating a gentile. In the end he said, "Why date someone I would never marry?" I never could get my head around that, but I know lots of people feel that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in the SE part of VA. I'm an insomniac, but something about the change in the weather makes me feel so worn out! So, in the recliner with a book, knitting, laptop, whatever... I am soon out like a light for a couple, hours! Hubby naps on and off, too! I tell him we're sleeping our lives away---he says sounds like a peaceful way to go for him! I think it's the tired, more achy feeling worse than the napping! But fall has fallen for sure!

    ReplyDelete