title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Magic.

Tonight, there was magic or something I don't understand in the air at the University of Michigan Stadium, in A2.

Score:  UofM--23.  MSU--21.  10 seconds to go.  10 SECONDS!

Michigan had the ball.  4th down.  They decided to punt the ball and put the Spartans backs against the wall.

Spartans put all 11 of their men up on the line.

The Michigan punter muffed his kick.  A Spartan name J. Watts-Jackson, grabbed the fumble, ran up the field and as the clock ticked to 00.1, ran into the end zone.

Spartans win 27-23.


I was making the same face as this kid, except I was jumping up and down screaming, "I DON'T BELIEVE IT.  I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!"

The Spartan kid that took the fumble into the end zone for the win, is in the hospital with a broken hip.

The Michigan punter that muffed the punt is getting death threats.  Idiot people in A2!
========================
John called at half-time wanting to know what the score was.  He does not have Cable TV--he has a TV with an antenna so he couldn't watch the game.

I invited him to come over and watch the last half.  He and Maisey came over in about 30 minutes.  I had made Apple Cake so I gave him a hunk, warmed up with some vanilla ice cream on top.

He sat on the couch and I sat in my chair and we yelled and screamed and had such a good time.

Remember me saying a while back that I wished there was a place where I could hire a guy to come and watch a ballgame with me?  I got it and it only cost a piece of Apple cake.

We had a ball!!
==================
You know, the sad thing to me is, Michigan had the game won.  All that punter had to do was take a knee and give State the ball on the 50 yard line and we wouldn't have had time to score.  But because the head coach, or one of the other coaches, wanted to cram that loss down our throats, they made an error in judgment.


5 comments:

  1. A lot of people in my family must be U of M fans because there isn't any celebrating going on...just shock and mourning. No game is worth death threats, for crying out loud. Glad you had John to buddy up to view the game and share apple cake. How do your cats like having Maisey in the house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cats go down the hall to the bedroom. Maisey won't walk across the (to her) slippery vinyl tile to get to them. Problem solved.

      Delete
    2. So glad you had a buddy to watch with you! :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Judy, you really need to use your power of forgive and forget with U of M. Sounds like you have deep seated resentments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the best game ending ALL weekend. Maybe all year. Glad the spartans got the win!

    ReplyDelete