title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Mish Mash Of Thoughts


A dreary day, but much needed rain, so I am happy!  I can remember my Mother saying, "We need a lot of rain in the fall and a good amount of snow in the winter. The spring flowering bushes need all that water or they won't bloom."  I know she was right.  My Forsythia bush and those of my neighbors, haven't bloomed fully for the last two springs.  The Spring of 2014, I had very few Lilacs, last spring was much better, at least for the Lilacs.  With El Nino', Michigan is suppose to have a much warmer, drier winter.  Less snow    The warmer part is okay for me, but I like lots and lots of snow!

Sorry to offend anyone with a birthday in November or February, but I really hate those two months.  Everything seems to me to be dying or dead.  Few days of sunshine.  Damp and cold.  UGH.  Maybe that's why I like snow so much.  It covers up the evidence that the earth underneath is dead!
==============
I got a nice Thank You e-mail from Karen.  I had made her a collage of her life and sent it to her for her birthday last Saturday.  I had fun doing it and she and the kids had fun looking at it.  To me, that's a winner.
  Thank goodness I am a picture saving, picture organizing, album person.  I had photos of her with all her grandparents, her great grandmother, her parents and her siblings.  All I had to do was get out the albums, scan the photos and save them in a picture file on the computer.

I did one for Pam and Mark and have one I am working on for Jen's birthday in December.
I am too, a good Momma--so there!
=======================
Thinking back to October 28, 1988.  What a long time ago!  Seems like last week.  I married a man who "appeared" to be nice and very caring.

He stated on the wedding license he had been married once.  I found out two years later, I was his fourth wife!  Some of those marriages only lasting a few months.

A wolf in sheep's clothing shall we say?  He loved that I was so tolerant and non-judgmental and open to everyone I met.  Yes--I was, to my eminent downfall.

We arrived at our beautiful motel next to the Mackinaw Bridge and he got angry with me because I was fascinated with the view of the Bridge with all the lights on it, when I should have been zoned in on only his magnificent self.  Three days later in Munising at Scotties Motel, he got angry again because I was writing out a few postcards to send home.  He tore up the postcards, threw them in my face, stormed out of the room, took MY car and left--coming back at noon the next day so we could return home.

For the next 3.5 years, this White Supremacist, George Wallace loving, anti-government man kept me hostage.  Why did he marry me when I was all the things he hated?  I had money!  I had a good job!  He quit his the second month we were married.  He slapped me around, beat me, gave me black eyes, broke my cheekbone, and tried to choke me to death on a monthly basis.

Why did I stay so long?  Only a woman who has lived that kind of life will understand.  There is more terror in leaving than there is in staying.

If I had not had a friend who offered to rescue me, I probably would still be married to the ogre.  No--I'd probably be dead by now.  

Ogre is on his 7th wife and they "seem" happy, they've been married 15 years now.



I look quite pixalated, don't I?  That feeling probably should have been a clue!
=================
What would I do without my sister and brother-in-law?  They came down today and he insulated my ill fitting back door.  I put a sheet over it so it blends in with the wall.


4 comments:

  1. Glad your door is insulated and ready for the cold days ahead.

    Good for you that you pulled yourself out of that period of your life. Many years ago, I had a friend in the same situation as you. It took her a little longer to get away from him, but she finally did. What an awful time of life it was for her.

    That collage is a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abusers are so good at hiding their true personalities from the public, especially back a few years ago when people just accepted that women should be subservient to their husbands. I'm so glad you got away from that life style.

    Your photo collages are great. I wish I had more photos to work with so I could do the same.



    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Karen's collage, Judy. You did a fantastic and loving gift for her. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you're a good mom. I watched my mother be abused by a drunk no-good criminal for twelve years, and was also abused by him, as was my sister. I wish I could say that when she finally left him, all was well, but there's more to the story than that. I'm glad we don't have to look back, but can look forward and be proud and grateful for better times. xoxo

    ReplyDelete