title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Middle Of This Nice Week

The high temperature today was: 10
Sunshine all day
==================================

It has been just so nice to take the end of December and the first week in 2015 and just let the world go on around me, while I relax in a peaceful place.  In my opinion, January is the perfect time for that!  It is usually too bitter cold to do anything outside, unless absolutely necessary, plus a lot of people are all in a rush to get the new year started with their resolutions and their new membership at the health club and so much hurry, it seems.

I may tend to be a hermit, or so my neighbors say.  They wonder how I can stand to be alone in my house for days at a time with no company.  I have tended to always make excuses, but now, I am ready to stand up and say, "Because I like it this way."  They also loudly exclaim, "It's eleven o'clock and you aren't dressed yet?"   or "You didn't get up until ten?"

Often I want to say, "Yeah!  So what?!"

I might just start saying that instead of the excuse, "Well, I didn't get to sleep until two this morning, so I really only got eight hours sleep."

Many of those same people that rise at seven in the dark morning, also take naps in the afternoon.  I NEVER take a nap!  So in reality, I take my nap in the morning from seven to nine, while they are up, They take their nap in the afternoon, while I am up.  Sluggards. LOL.

Anyway--I have loved this last week or so.  It has been almost like a retreat for me.  I have read one really good book, written by a friend and have started another one and am half-way through.  "Cross Roads" written by the same guy that wrote, "The Shack."  I have watched classic movies and football or basketball games to my heart's content.  I have cooked a couple of large pots of stuff to freeze in one meal containers (Cabbage Rolls and Chili).  I have cross stitched until I am practically cross-eyed AND I haven't had to put up with Dar's insanity, nor Pearl's complaining.  AND, I haven't watched any news programs!!!

Lovely!
==============================

I did get out today.  I filled up the bird and squirrel feeders AND, I started my car and let it run for 15 minutes, then I took a drive around the park.  Up and down streets for about 20 minutes, then came back home and parked on the opposite side of the driveway that I normally park.  I had an outing!

You know what?  It is going to get cold enough in northern Florida where, if they had snow making machines, they could make a whole bunch of snow and go snow skiing--if they had any good sized hills, which they don't.  

Or, just make a bunch of snow piles for the kids to play in.  Fred's grand daughter, who lives in Florida, was seven before she ever saw snow!  I can't even imagine.  She was very intrigued with it.


8 comments:

  1. I was reading this blog and came to the part where you made chili and I got right up and got some hamburger out of the freezer. Tomorrow I'm going to make chili, too. It's just that kind of weather isn't it. God, it's cold over on this side of the state!

    This week I haven't had the TV on until after 5 or 6:00 PM every day. I've been so busy on the computer I didn't even miss it. It is nice to give ourselves a media break like that.

    I'm one of those people who don't get dressed until 10 to 12:00 if I don't need to go anywhere. I would hate having people question that. I mean it's our lives and it effects them in no way, so what's the problem? I'm covered up morn in my robe than with clothes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Judy. Why in the world would anyone have a problem with our sleeping until noon or 10 or 9. It's not their business. I don't usually sleep too very late except
    the other night when I slept 12 hours straight. Not even Hopper Henry woke me up; guess he was as tired as I was.

    Kind of wish the kids could see snow. But, that hasn't happened since l989 when we were all snowed & iced in. That was enough for me. We did live in Washington state when my oldest brother and I were like 5 & 6; we had such great fun! :)

    Thought I wouldn't have to get out again, but dang it got home from the grocery store and was missing three items. :(

    Stay warm, and do whatever the h*ll you want to. We're retired for Pete's sake. On a last note; since I made that 15 bean soup a while back, I made some more today. I don't know why I've never made it before! This time I added a cubed potato and some carrots. And, wouldn't you know, that was one thing missing when I got home today; the beans! :)

    xoxo

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. From my sharing
    you know I am an early bird.
    Even in this cold weather and below zero this morning
    always up between 4:30 and 5:30.
    Love the morning and neve a nap'
    so I can sleep at night.
    Stay well
    and I am staying home for another few days
    too cold for me to even fill bird feeders this morning..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's nice that you were able to just be a hermit for a while! Great way to start the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like being alone too, sometimes I get restless and have to get out and be among people, even if that's just a trip to the grocery, but mostly I don't mind missing out on all the drama 'out there'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like the perfect tonic to some of the recent craziness. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's hear it for hibernating after the holidays! Maybe it's the yin of all that holiday yang. I do love to luxuriate in the no-drama peacefulness. I feel profound loneliness in the midst of a crowd, even the sweetest crowd. Not my family's fault, just miss my pals.

    Oh gosh, I've chili on my mind. Wish I could pop in to your kitchen. Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you mentioned Fred's granddaughter, it reminds me of people who never see the ocean. Of course, I've never seen the desert. So.

    I'm a hibernator, too, and I love January. As you point out, it's perfect for hibernating.

    ReplyDelete