title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Hibernation Over

I had to go to the store today--out of milk and Diet Pepsi--a crisis!!

We got about three inches of snow last night, than the plow went through and filled in the end of my driveway with a couple of more inches and I was wondering how I was going to get out.

I was in the back of the house, doing laundry and didn't hear a thing, until I came up to the front and heard a snow blower.  I looked out and someone had cleaned out my driveway.  I looked around and there he was.  The neighbor John.  


Apparently he was having fun with his new toy.  He lives around the corner and he did the neighbor to the west of me, then mine, then Jackies, Dar's, crossed the road and did Merle's and then Tami's and off he went, back home.

Off I went to Wal-Mart, got my Diet Pepsi, Milk, cookies, and some cleaning supplies.  Not too much.  Then I stopped at Merle and Pearl's on the way home and tried to help Pearl figure out what she's done to her on-line banking.

She has four, almost alike, login ID's and two, almost alike, passwords.  She has put so many different things in there, that the bank won't allow her to login anymore.  I couldn't even get in to change her ID or password.  She totally has it FUBAR (ed).  Going back tomorrow, with my glasses and try again or maybe, just call the bank and start over?

Merle said, "Maybe you oughta buy a new, clean computer and start over again."

I don't think I've ever known anyone who can mess up a computer like she does.  She ONLY has Internet connection so she can access Face Book, play games and check on her bank balance.  She doesn't even have e-mail, but she gets it so messed up that half the time, she has to go through hoops just to open Face Book.

I got home and there was another car parked in half my driveway.  I had a heck of a time backing into the drive and getting closer to the steps so I didn't have too far to  haul in the groceries.  Tami called to tell me that it was "my Dad's car", at least I knew who.

Then Dar called and loudly proclaimed, "We are going to the Cinema.  I'm buying. Get your coat on."

"Dar, you tried this on me ten days ago.  Remember what I said then?"

"No.  I don't remember you saying anything."

"I told you that I can't go to movies anymore because they have the sound up too loud and the fast moving images on the screen give me a headache and make me dizzy and nauseous."

"Oh--I kind of do remember you saying that.  This movie shouldn't be too bad though."

"What are you going to see?"

"The movie about the guy that was in the Olympics and World War Two and was captured.  You know, that old guy that just died."

"Oh...a war movie.  No that shouldn't be too loud or have fast moving images!"

"Oh.  You might be right.  I just hate for you to miss it."

"I'll watch it On Demand when Comcast gets it."

"Okay."

"Thanks anyway.  Bye."
=============================

I watched the College Football Championship game tonight.  Great game.  All year long, the commentators talk about the inept play of the Big Ten Conference.  Well, the season might just shut them up.  Our Big Ten teams, all underdogs, beat the SEC teams and the Pack 12 Teams in the Bowl games and, although Oregon Ducks were favored, and Ohio State has gone through three quarterbacks this season, Ohio State whomped the Ducks!!

That was my day--back out into the germy world, with weird people and perplexing neighbors.



8 comments:

  1. No snow by the woods as of yet, just a dusting.
    But will be unusual if it misses me.
    I am staying close to home also
    as flu is raging and cannot be sick.
    Do have to go to dentist
    and do not want to..
    Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your neighbour was having lots of fun with his new 'toy'. Here in the UK it's raining again... BUT I've heard a rumour that it could get snowy before the end of the week. URGH. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back into the world! LOL! That was very nice of your neighbor to do your driveway like that! He was having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of those banking sites will only allow you four attempts before they lock you out. I don't know about where you live, but here there is no way around that but to go down to the back, show ID to change a password. I understand why that is but I still hate it even though I've only done it twice.

    Dar is something else. I'm not good at spur-of-the-moment stuff like going to the movies a few minutes after a call. I'm afraid I'd end up leaving something on the stove and come back to a fire, or leave the dog outside or forget I had an appointment. It's not age related. I've never liked spur-of-the-moment stuff, I just tolerated it more when I was younger.

    That was nice of your neighbor to snow-blow you all out! If it happens often this winter be sure to slip him some gas money once in awhile. He'll probably refuse but at least he'll know you care about his time and money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice neighbor! I love to hear about good deeds.

    Dar is a trip, but we love her, DON'T we???? :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking about getting one of those password generators that generates passwords for you and you only have to remember one password, but I can't quite bring myself to trust it.

    Dar is one forgetful woman, isn't she? Whew!

    What a nice surprise neighbor John cleared your driveway for you. You gotta love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bella, I don't try them either. If THEY get hacked then all your business is out there for the taking.

      Delete
  7. You're really holding your own with Dar. I trust this is bringing peace to your days?!

    John was really cooking with that snow blower. Men and their machines. What a dear he was : -)

    ReplyDelete