title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hey! What Day Is It?

Today's high temperature was: 37 degrees
Third shiny day in a row.
==============================
So relieved to wake up and hear that the blizzard has moved on and all my friends survived.  Even my Spartan's basketball game in Piscataway, NJ was canceled and will be played tomorrow night.  Why or how Rutger's ever got in the Big 10 is beyond me--along with Maryland.  Big Ten league is supposed to be Central-Mid West teams.  BAH!!!

During this night, we are expecting freezing rain and snow--perhaps 3" of snow.  No biggie for us that's for sure.  Unless you have to travel to work early in the morning, but then, Michigander's know how to drive on that stuff.
========================
Today, I had a consultation with my dentist to see about getting another crown put on.  Right next to the one I had done last spring.  My new insurance pays up to $1,000 a year for dental work and 2 free cleanings, x-rays and dentist check per year.  I will have to pay $500.00 for this crown, to keep some back in case I need fillings or something like that.  The dentist will let me pay $50.00 a month to pay it off.  Actually she said, "You pay me whatever and whenever you can."  I am putting $50.00 or more a month into my budget for it.  I already send them $30.00 a month to build up credit.  Now, I don't need credit for dental work, I will pay the $50.00.  I start the crown work on February 18th.  I hate it, but I do love to be able to chew without fear of breaking a tooth of losing a filling!!!

I can't believe this new insurance I have.  $19.90 a month for the payment and all the coverage?  There has to be a catch, but I have read their booklet and...I don't see where I am going to have to outlay a lot of out of pocket.  There's gotta be a catch--I guess I'll find out.
=============================
I didn't tell you, but when Dar was here yesterday, she was looking through my bags of groceries from the Food Bank.  She said, "You didn't get any eggs."

"Nope.  I don't need them."

"Well, you could have given them to me."

Then she proceeded to tell me that she made thirty-two thousand dollars last year.  She works at the grocery store, where she gets a discount and yet...she wants me to give her stuff from the Food Bank?

It was the same way when she worked at The Salvation Army store.  She saw everything when it first came in and if she saw something she liked, she'd put if off to the side and take it home.

When she was on Welfare, she told them she wanted to go to work, but needed a car.  So, they gave her $2K.  She took that money and paid off a credit card and when she found a job, her Daddy bought her a 2012 Infinity.  I was so hoping that Welfare would ask to see the title on the car they gave her money for, but they never did.

Am I wrong or is this woman weird?  

To me it's just like stealing.  I am allowed 60# of food at the Food Bank.  No way can I use that much.  Yesterday it was 35#.  I only take what I need and even then, they forced 2 extra pounds of ground beef on me yesterday, which I gave to Pammie and feel guilty about it.    

I do not like the way this woman operates in her life.  Oh and by the way, ALL four of her children have liver problems because they are alcoholics and drug users.  Now--that either is a strange coincidence, or it stems from the way she (didn't) bring them up.  They all started drinking at about 12 years of age and using drugs at 15.

Just saying.
======================
Tomorrow is garbage day and I have been cleaning out a bit.  I am now down from 7 pillows to 4.  I got rid of the flat ones that were all stained and yucky.    

9 comments:

  1. Dar would drive me crazy. I'd be biting my tongue so much it would be bleeding. The fact that she doesn't seem to see a connection between her parenting and her kids' problems is totally amazing. And her expecting you to bring her stuff from the food pantry makes me sick. It's not there for people who have half way decent jobs and can afford to buy what they need. It would also tick me off to have anyone going through my grocery bags. It's no one's business what's in them but yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was "helping" me by carrying them from front door into kitchen--I didn't ask her to help, but she wanted to, e.g. to snoop in the bags!

      Delete
  2. LOL about your pillow situation. I have the same pillow dilemma that you have. It's almost as hard to find a good pillow as it is to find a good man. Almost!

    H is in the process of getting dental coverage. As you know, he really needs it. He has to get two more implants: one next year and one the following year. I look at it as buying a used car. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that implants are very costly. I would hate to go through the process and the waiting and the putting pegs or whatever into my jaw bones.

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't feel guilty about the meat; they wanted you to take it.

    Yes, about Dar: I wouldn't like someone other than family going into the grocery bags. That would really make me wonder if she's all there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is always a reason for whatever Dar does. She makes it look like she is being nice when she is being manipulating. Oh well==she is working 7 days straight--3:00 - 10:30, so I won't have to see her for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your insurance sounds unbelievable
    mine is through my social security
    and much more costly
    and to have dental insurance
    would be another $50 a month
    and I do not have this coverage.
    Always great teeth and then with Sjogrens
    dry mouth for last 10 years
    a lot of dental work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing bothers me more than someone who has such a sense of entitlement! As a person who had worked hard for everything I have it really angers me to hear about people like Dar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice that you've got such great dental insurance! You don't need to choose between food or the teeth to eat it with (I'm thinking of my father, who lost teeth one by one, rather than pay out of pocket for dental care - now he has NO teeth, and has to eat mush!!)

    Good thing Dar will be out of your hair for a while - jeesh!

    ReplyDelete