title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, January 19, 2015

I Love Monday's

Gray and colder

===============================
I'm wondering.  Am I spelling "Gray" wrong?  I have noticed that most people, stories, writer's spell it "Grey".  Hm-mm.

I had a pleasant surprise this morning.  Not a big deal to anyone else, but a real accomplishment for me.  I wasn't paying any attention to getting dressed.  Buddy was sitting on the bed and I was standing and talking to him.  I pulled on my unders, one leg at a time and then my jeans and it occurred to me;  "I'M STANDING AND GETTING DRESSED!"

I usually sit on the edge of the bed to get dressed because, for many years I have not been able to balance on one leg to pull on my pants.  I wasn't even leaning against the bed or the closet door.  I was just standing there, pulled my knee up to stick my leg into my pants and then the other leg.

I whooped and scared Buddy.

You can be sure that I will now do this every day and take them off the same way every night!

YOWSER!!!
===========================
I have a Dear Blogger Friend, Balisha, who is very sick with pneumonia.  I check her blog each day and when she doesn't post, it scares me.  A lot of my blog buddies post every day and when they don't, I so wish I had their phone number so I could call and see if they are all right.

This Blogosphere is a weird thing.  I get involved in lives of people I have never met.  I worry about them and their families, as much as I worry about my "real-life" friends.  

I can just imagine...someday there might be a big place--kind of like a garden--where we will stay for a couple of days, on our way to Heaven.  We will each have a cartoon-like bubble over our heads with the title of our blogs.  We will recognize blogs that we read and we will run to each other, hugging and laughing and jumping up and down, we will be so happy.

Maybe it will be on the Rainbow Bridge and our pets will be there too and we will say to each other, "Oh, there's Max.  I remember you blogging about him!"

Maybe?
=================
Oh, look at what I just found:
Gray and grey are different spellings of the same word, and both are used throughout the English-speaking world. But gray is more common in American English, while grey is more common in all the other main varieties of English. In the U.K., for instance, grey appears about twenty times for every instance of gray. In the U.S. the ratio is reversed.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations for one legging it today. YAY! I remember you used to post the temperature. Now you can post if it was a 1 or 2 legged day LOL

    A lot of us will need this cartoon bubble over our heads when we meet in this starry garden. Not you! You will be the one with the biggest smile. I love that we will bring our pets and other love buddies. I also love that I won't need to cook for the occasion.

    I know what you mean about bloggers just going poof! I wish I could believe that no news is always good news, but it depends on the tenor of their last posts. It seems like we ought to leave a little note taped to our monitors, with the site and password, so someone else can have a way to fill us in when we can't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have instructed my daughter Pammie to post an e-mail of my death to a "group contact" addy I set up AND to post to my blog and Face Book. I am NOT leaving without a forwarding address :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will meet you there! I will ask the same of my sister. : -)

      Delete
    2. Add me to your list also! We are all getting a little connected to one and another. So good that we can get your FINAL words!

      Delete
  3. Judy,
    What a picture! Bloggers meeting in the afterlife... with their pets. I've always thought a pet would make good content for the blog because I like reading about other blogger's pets. :) I should get a hermit crab, or name my concrete pooch on the front porch.

    Good for you about standing while dressing. That operation made a big difference, didn't it?

    I've told H that he has to let my blog buddies know if I'm not coming back. I hate it when people disappear, people you've followed for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS on one leg!!! Wow. I'm still doing one leg but I do it near a wall ... just in case.

    I worry about you when YOU don't post every day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to know that about gray/grey and had forgotten. Doesn't it drive you nuts when pesky little things nag at you? It does me.

    I need to leave a note with my estate stuff so my niece will post my obituary on my blog should I kick the bucket. It would bother me if my fellow bloggers were left hanging, not knowing what happened to me. I have ended blogs before but always posted a note as to why I was ending (and starting something new).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a blogger but I have several blogs that I like to follow and I miss them when they don't post. I've missed you this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome on the standing on one leg!! That is a real accomplishment! I also like your idea of afterlife for our blog friends. I'm hoping we can meet in real life too. It sure seems like lots of our blogger friends would be real-life friends too!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete