title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, April 21, 2014

YAY!!! Boston Strong!

Today's high temperature was: 80 degrees !!!
Sunny all day
Tomorrow's high predicted at: 54 degrees :-(
================================

My grand daughter (Karen's second child) Susanna and her hubby ran in and finished the Boston Marathon in really good times.  A sub-three hour time.  That's 26.4 miles--running.  It would take me at least 10 days to WALK that far.  Sometimes, I don't feel like I can drive that far, LOL.

I told them two years ago that I had read, all that running isn't really good for your body/heart.  They, of course, listened and said they'd read up on it and check with their doctor...and of course, went right on running long distances.


The day after the Marathon last year, they decided to train and see if they could qualify for the race.  Sure enough, but July, they had good enough times and could run 26 miles.  Susanna works for New Balance Shoe in Portland, Oregon.  Their head office is in Boston, so she travels to Boston at least four times a year.  Last year, she was there the week after the bombing and took her morning run down Boylston Street--weeping all the day.

Today, she wasn't weeping--well, maybe after it was finished.  She was Cross Country runner in high school, good enough to get a track scholarship at Grand Valley State here in Michigan.  That's where she met Derek, who was also in cross country.  They have been running together ever since.


Here they are--in the center of the heart.



...and their times

This is what she posted yesterday:
"How appropriate for Easter Sunday to be the day before Marathon Monday. The most important day for believers, today is about HOPE and LIFE after death. Tomorrow is an incredibly important day for Boston and the running community, where HOPE and REBIRTH will be flowing as we take back the streets of Boston. I am so, so grateful to take part in both of these life-filled events"

Maybe now they will settle down and give me a great grand baby?  I doubt it!
===================================
I woke up at 5:00 this morning.  I thought I heard a loud bang--I know, both cats jumped straight up in the air, landed on the bed and flew off--I thought they were scared.  I got out of bed to see what had fallen or if the storm door had smashed up against the porch.  I could see nothing out of place.  I also could not get back to sleep.

I climbed back in bed at 7:00 and woke up at 10:00.  On pondering back, I think perhaps I may have had a night terror and screamed or yelled in my sleep and woke us all up.  I'd like to get a nanny cam that would turn on and take a video only when I do this sort of thing.  Maybe that would help me figure out why?
=================
I went into Brighton today and got some groceries at Meijer's and three salads from the Rich People's Store.  I used my Bridge Card at Meijers--as it was good today--$55.00.  Boy, fifty-five bucks sure doesn't go very far does it.  Oh well--it does help and I am ever grateful.

Let's see what tomorrow might bring.
Later--Jude

5 comments:

  1. That's really great what your granddaughter and her husband did! I have runners in my family too and I sure don't understand what drives them. But I think they'll be better off as the years go by. They'll have strong hearts and lungs but poor knees and hips joints that need replacing. before they turn 50.

    A nanny cam would be great. I have a voice activated tape recorder and I put it by my bedside a few times to catch us talking in our sleep and the dog going in and out of bed all night long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She just posted that her "quads" froze up, but she felt she couldn't stop--she had to keep going. She says it was the hardest thing she has ever done in her life. I think she gets that "gotta keep going" from her ancestor's gene pool?
    I should have one of those kinds of tape recorders--that would be just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful granddaughter, and grandson-in-law! That is truly awesome, and not only the race but her outlook on life. My hat is off to her, Judy!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susanna is such a beautiful girl. What an accomplishment for both of them! Can you imagine?!?

    You probably had a nightmare/terror. You probably scared your poor kitties half to death. Too bad they can't talk and tell you what you did. A nanny cam would be very cool. I'd like one, too. I'm always flailing about in my sleep, hitting my nightstand and my husband. Crazy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud of your grand daughter and her husband! They both look young enough to absorb the hard knocks of 26.2 miles. Her own post is so precious. When I hear her, I feel our future is in great hands.

    ReplyDelete