title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

What Happened to Monday?



No--I didn't lose track of Monday.  Remember, I have my "hanging" reminder of what day it is on the door of my bedroom closet.

I will tell you what happened and the reason I didn't post.  I watched the NCAA Basketball Championship game and it got over late and I was so tired from the pain I was struggling with all day that...I took a pain pill and went to bed.

Dar was over here at the crack of dawn (8:00) and I shocked her by being dressed.  Pain had woke me at 7:30.  She wanted the letter I had typed for her to turn into park management and she also wanted me to type one up for Jackie.  So I did.  Dar read them and said, "Oh!  I love the way you write.  It is so...Downton Abbyish."

"What?"

"The way you write.  Like this..."I would ask the park to take into consideration the issue I am having with broken limbs and dead trees.""

"Okay.  I thought that was how you were suppose to write a business letter?"

"I don't know.  I never wrote a business letter.  You do it so well."

So, I got rid of her and sat down and wrote a letter for myself about having my Mulberry tree taken down.

Then I got busy with taking down the insulation from the back door.  Put it all in a big bag and will return it to Merle.  I had become so use to the door being covered that I forgot how nice it is to have the sun coming in the window.




All of a sudden, Dar came running in the front door.  "QUICK!  GIVE ME YOUR LETTERS!"

The CEO of the new management company was outside.  So I got my two letters, about the tree and about the tornado shelters and went out to meet him.  Dar was complaining about her trees and he said, "I have to wait until the trees leaf out before I can determine if they need trimming or cutting down."

I said, "Of course you do.  That's the only way to tell."

"But--I can tell you!  That one behind my house IS dead!" says Dar and then laughs her Nyuck Nyuck laugh.

I handed him my letters, told him how glad I was to meet him, and that he had a big job ahead, shook his hand and came back in the house--hoping that he didn't think I was anything like my weird neighbor lady!!
================================
The pain in my neck, shoulder, scapula, left arm and upper chest was so terrific all day yesterday and I began to wonder if it could be a heart issue.  It wasn't a steady pain, but rather a shooting pain.  The muscle in my upper arm felt like someone had punched me.  So...I did all that I knew how.

I took an anti-inflammatory pill, I rubbed the horse liniment on and went about my business.  Later in the afternoon, I heated up my rice sock and laid that on my neck and shoulder.  Last evening, I got out my T.E.N.S. pads and slapped them on and hooked myself up to electric pulses.  At midnight, I took half a Percocet and laid in bed and felt the pain melting away.

This morning, I woke up feeling great with no pain at all!!!  

Over in Jean's blog, she was writing about memory tests they give us when we get old and they think we are feeble-minded or senile.  It reminded me....

When I was in rehab after my last hip replacement, I was lounging on my bed one afternoon and in walked a young woman with a clipboard.  She looked familiar.  She asked how I was doing and then said she wanted to see if my mind was clear.

"I will give you three words and later I will ask you to repeat them back to me."

"Okay.  Cool," I said.

"The words are...Sock.   Angry.   Blue."

Then we chatted about stuff and I remembered the reason she looked familiar.  She was in the same ballet company as my grand daughter Maddie and she was a friend of my grand son Marcus.  They had graduated together and both attended University of Michigan (that college I hate.) :-)

After about twenty minutes she asked me to repeat the three words back to her.  Instead, I said,

"Well, there was this sock.  He was very angry.  He was blue and he wanted to be green.  All the members of his sock family were green.  He was the only blue sock."

Her eyes were about as big as saucers!

Then I went on, "The blue sock felt angry because he had to go to that college south-east of here where all the other blue socks go.  His entire family had gone to the college where all the green socks go.  He not only was angry, he was really quite embarrassed."

She sat for a minute and scribbled on her clip board and then said, "I went to that college...where the blue socks go."

"I know," I said.  "You and Marcus Rivard both went there."

"OH MY GOSH!!!  You're Maddie's grandmother!"

"Did I pass your memory, senility test?"

Now when I see her at Maddie's ballet performances, I like to sidle over behind her, bend down a bit and whisper quietly, "The blue sock is still angry."

She is now a nurse.  At the time I was in rehab, she was on an internship, working with geriatric patients.
=========================
I got a notice from my prescription drug insurance company.  I no longer have to pay my monthly premium of $16.10, I do not have any co-pay AND my one prescription that costs $12.00 a month, will now be free.  Any non-generic drugs (I don't take any now) will be $2.00.

God continues to send me financial help.




7 comments:

  1. And God is giving to you - just a little at a time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story about the test. That was priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in on my "fuzzy" friend. I'm still laughing at your comment.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your test answer!

    I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are hilarious, Judy. That reminds me of the original "Miracle On 34th Street" when they gave Santa a competency test. When they asked him who the president was, he started naming ALL of them. I love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And... The photo of your door is nice. Love the shadows on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sunshine coming through the window!

    ReplyDelete