title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring Is Hiding For A Bit

Today's high temperature was:  40 degrees
Sunny all day, but a cold wind
==================
One last picture of the Triumphal Two after the Marathon.
The only picture anyone would have of me after a ONE mile race would be of the EMT's taking me away on a gurney.  Ah--too be so young and strong as these two.

Darlene called, I told her she had to go see the Heaven is for Real movie and last night she did.  She felt renewed after seeing it.  I am glad because she has been losing her faith lately.

Susan and Chuck stopped in today, on their way from JoAnn's in Brighton, going up to Lowe's in Howell.  They brought me a 6" Spicy Italian Subway--which I enjoyed since I have used up my Subway gift card.

I made a half recipe of spaghetti sauce--let it simmer in the Crock Pot, instead of pot on the stove.  I had to make some because....I had a craving for spaghetti, so I bought some spaghetti sauce in the store and...EYUCK!!!  The brand I always used to buy and thought was tasty, now, after eating my homemade sauce for the last few years, tastes like cow's tail.  BLECH!!

Pearl's daughter said that Pearl was telling her that she and I don't do too much together anymore.  "Judy used to come to visit every other day.  Now, sometimes I don't see her for a week at a time."

Truth be told, I don't feel comfortable going to her house to chat when Merle is there.  Poor Merle, trying to watch TV and she and I sitting in the same room yakking away.  But----

So yesterday, I went up to their place and asked Pearl if she wanted to go on an adventure next Tuesday.  She quickly said, "Yeah!"

I am going to take her on a road trip--sorta.  Up the back way to my home town and out to the cemetery and then over to the farms, stop at Susan's for a potty break and then come home a different way.  It should be fun.  We did this a couple of years ago, but she directed and I drove around as she showed me all the houses she had lived in and where she grew up, so...now it's my turn.

I called to get a hair appointment, got one for tomorrow and then thought---hm-mm.  I called Pearl and asked if she needed a hair cut and when she said, "Yes, I was going to try and go tomorrow," I told her I was going and she could ride into town with me.  She called and got an appointment right after mine. :-)

Now that Merle is back working at the golf course, I think she gets lonely.  I am going to have to be a better friend.  I may even ask if I can go along with them and their daughter to church on Saturday evening.  Their daughter goes to the 2/42 church--the same one Jen is scoping out.  Hee Hee.  Of course, with 1,600 people attending, I doubt if I would see Jen and if I did--what a surprise, as she has no clue that I know she goes there occasionally.  Merle and Pearl like to sit in the balcony--I can look down on the main floor congregation and see if Jen is there.  Besides, I want to check the place out.

Let's see if tomorrow is a nicer day weather-wise?  I don't really care--I'm going to get my hair cut!!!

Later--Jude

4 comments:

  1. I love that photo! Such an inspiring young couple.

    Sounds like a great plan with Pearl, and YES, I think you need to attend the church. You just never know!

    Happy haircut day! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are back to winter coats on this side of the state! My spring yard cleaning crew was here yesterday and I felt so sorry for them, working out in the cold and wind.

    You are lucky to have Merle and Pearl in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on your road trip. Are you stopping to eat somewhere...or taking a picnic?
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a good friend, Judy. I wish you lived next door to me. Hope you like your haircut. Nothing like a new cut to make a girl feel good.

    ReplyDelete