title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Noah, Rain, Darlene.

Today's temperature was: 41 degrees
Cold rain all day
=========================


I had a visitor from BRISBANE, QUEENSLAND?  YOU GUYS--THAT IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD!!!  How did you find me?  Please, let me know!  This is a big deal to me.

I had agreed to go to the "Cinema" with Dar on Thursday.  I fretted about it all day Wednesday because I didn't really want to go see "Noah".  Pearl and Merle had gone to see it and Pearl said, "It was just bad.  So bad!"

Then I had heard a couple of people talking about it on Face Book.  It sounded to me like it was going to take too much "creative liberty" with the story that I began to think, if I went to see it, it would be almost like a sin.

I woke up Thursday morning and felt really rough.  I was nauseous, I had a headache and I was shaky.  I really am not fond of going to movies.  All the action on the screen makes me dizzy and they always have the volume turned up way too loud.  I just couldn't make myself go.  So, I called Dar at 10:00 and told her I couldn't go.

Come to find out, she had invited two other women to go with us, so she wouldn't have to stay home just because I wasn't going.

Of course, the minute I told her I wasn't going, I started to feel better.

She called me at 7:00 last night and said, "It was awful!!  Probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen!  I'm so glad you didn't waste your money."

I quizzed her on why she thought it was awful and she said, "There were rocks that were filled with spirits and talked.  There was a stowaway on the boat, and when he gathered all the animals, he then put them to sleep.  Then he was going to kill his grand babies."

"What?"

"The only thing real about the whole movie was...an Ark was involved and there was a lot of rain."

"I suppose that might have been the way it happened...we really don't know for sure...just what we've read in the Bible...but...I either would have laughed at the talking rocks and disturbed the other movie goers or I would have got mad and walked out."

"You wouldn't have liked all the violence either..and...we all thought there were underlying, liberal political things in it too."

Then I saw this posted on FB.

Hollywood is suppose to be putting out a lot of religious films this year.  I don't think I will bother to see many if they are like this one!!  It seems that most of the movies coming from Hollywood have a liberal political agenda insinuated in them.  But then--of course, Hollywood and most actors ARE liberal in their politics.  I remember when they tried to tell us that Jesus and Mary Magdalena probably had a daughter. 

Pearl and I are going to see "Heaven Is For Real" when it comes out in a couple of weeks.  We both have read the book and I have researched the family AND the movie.  It is a true story and they have kept the movie in line with the book.
====================
I felt great when I got up this morning.  I have been in almost constant pain since I left the Chiropractor's on Monday.  Last night I took half a Percocet and felt the pain melt away as I fell asleep.  Today, it hasn't hurt at all!!

Dar came over early on and asked if I would create, type and print out a letter for her to give to the new management of the park.  They are taking letters from park residents to comment on what we think the park needs.  Dar needs trees trimmed or taken down that lean over her home.  

I think we need a FEMA paid for tornado/severe storm shelters.  They are made of concrete dome-like structures, bolted into a concrete slab, that will withstand up to 300mph winds.  FEMA is giving grants that pay for 75% of the cost.  Each one would house 200 people--so we probably need two in this park.  I researched it--got all the info--and have also written a letter to new management asking that they just "consider" the issue as it is already in the Michigan Legislature that ALL mobile home parks HAVE to have this kind of tornado shelter by year 2018 and, "this might be a good economic and financial move to get them built before the Law passes, construction costs go up and a good way to advertise that...we are the safest manufactured home park in the county." and...if the structure is used ONLY as a storm shelter, it is not taxed!!

They won't build one, but I want to be on record, LOL
====================
Tuesday, I filled all my bird feeders with Sunflower seeds and...I have very few birds coming in.  Either, they don't like Black Oil Sunflower seeds or they are busy building nests.  I thought all birds liked sunflower seeds?
=========================
So--it rained all day today!!  All day!!  Sometimes the rain was quite thick--like snow mixed in.  It was cold and dreary and around 5:00 this afternoon, the wind kicked up and we now have a wind advisory...so...I put my loop of string on the storm door and tied it inside to the inner door handle.


"Tie me outer door down, Sport,
Tie me outer door down....."
(sung to the tune of, Tie Me Kangaroo Down)

========================
I watched a bit of Detroit Tiger baseball today--we are having a great start to the season.  They have so many new players.  It seems every time I get a favorite player, he either gets hurt and can't play or they trade him.  So...this year, I have decided to just watch as much of the new manager as I can.

Brad Ausmus

BE STILL MY HEART!!!

Karen called tonight--Madeleine is in Disney World with her marching band.  The whole band won the trip--240 kids!!!  Then Maddie comes back on Sunday for a week of school and then she goes back to Siesta Key with a friends family for Easter Break.  Sure is a different life than I ever lived!!!  

While she is gone, Karen and Mark are going out to visit Helene (their oldest) in Los Angeles, CA.  I told Karen I wanted them to persuade Helene that there are a lot of NON-EARTHQUAKE States that have colleges where she can get her MBS!!!

She wanted to come back home and either go to U of M or State to get her degree, but...because she had lived out of state for a few years, they won't allow her to go attend at the rate of State Resident tuition!  

WHAT A SCAM!!!

Now--Karen and Mark have paid tuition for two college students--one at U of M and one, currently, at State.  Karen and Mark are alumni of State.  Our family has lived in this State for over 150 years and yet.............I may write another letter...to both colleges!!!  RIDICULOUS!!!

I asked Karen if Susanna (their 2nd child) is going to drive on down from Oregon to visit with them and Helene and she reminded me...Susie and her hubby are running in the Boston Marathon that week--Patriots Day.

EGADS!!!  Now--I have worry about Helene in the State that is about to break off and float out into the Pacific Ocean AND Karen and Mark flying out there AND Susie and Derek flying too and running in Boston--although I suppose, after last year, the Boston Marathon will be the safest place to be in the U.S.A.

Of course, then there's Andrew and Elise flying down to Belize with their stupid grandfather and father--the same week.  No--wait--not Belize.  Antigua?  Oh some place out in the midst of the Atlantic--I've forgotten.  Aruba--that's it--Aruba.  Just hope Grandpa and Dad don't get to sitting in the sun, drinking and smoking cigars and not watching the children--who may get into the undertow, or bitten by a shark or KIDNAPPED!!!

Now--where did I put that bottle of Ativan.......and do I have enough to get through April....








  

5 comments:

  1. "into the undertow, or bitten by a shark or KIDNAPPED!!!" LOL You really ran the gamut on that one. You sound like me. If given enough time to cogitate on it, I can come up with every eventuality.

    I love movies, but oddly, I seldom go to the theater. I do watch a lot of them OnDemand, etc.

    I'm impressed with your presentation to new management for the severe storm shelter. You better watch out; they may offer you a job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just commented on your two previous posts, Judy. For some reason (I have no idea what) I get your posts in my reader days after you've written them. I'm always late, but I'm here... reading and lovin' it. I'm crazy about that black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, can't "do" movies in the theatre; too much noise, people talking behind and in front of you, people laughing when I don't "get it". LOL

    You know we seldom have "storm shelters" here, but I once lived in a rented room and the owners had one underground. The way things are going, I think we all need one if only to protect us from the people who are supposed to be protecting us. Did you get that? Don't mind me, I'm loopy this morning trying to keep pain down from the dental surgery. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to go to movie theaters but I don't sit right up front. I'm really hoping my movie and lunch club won't pick "Noah" because I have no desire to see it. I can't understand why they would take creative license with a story that the world has heard a million times (but that's not why I don't want to see it). They had to know it would be controversial.


    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have all aspects of the worrying covered, and I should know as a 'professional worrier' myself.

    ReplyDelete