title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Disappearing Wednesday--Planter Obsession--OCD

Today's temperature was: 54 degrees
Partly Cloudy and way too chilly
=========================

I didn't forget to post on Wednesday--I just was so busy and then around 11:00 p.m., I fell into an obsession of what to plant in a new planter I have and what with the searching for images of annual flowers and all that---it was 1:00 a.m. before I even thought about doing to bed.

RECAP:
Wednesday 8:00 a.m.--phone call woke me up.  From gas company.  They have the incorrect billing all fixed.
9:30--Dar came over
1030--got it in my brain that I wanted to get a special glass jar over to Karen's BEFORE they arrived home from their L.A. California trip.  Spent the next two hours messaging back and forth with Madeleine.
Noon--decided I just HAD to get my hummingbird feeders up.  Rummaged in shed, found them, made sugar water, filled them, spilled sugary sticky water all over counter and kitchen floor.  Got them up.
1:00--Watched soap and ate lunch
2:00--Put on shirt to go to get hair cut--had a stain on the front, put on another shirt--was not warm enough, finally found a shirt.
2:10--got Pearl in the car and off we go to get hair cuts at 2:30--she had to stop at bank first.
2:25--made it to hair salon just in time
3:00--Maddie came in, got glass jar for her Mom out of my car and took off.
4:30--got home
5:00--Karen called--home safe and loves glass jar to put her 3 cups of sea glass she found at Malibu!!  She had received a text that Susanna had finished the Boston Marathon--Karen had been praying for her and looked down and there was a piece of purple sea glass--Susanna's favorite color is purple.  She also found Cobalt Blue, Ruby Red, yellow and the usual green, white and brown pieces.

I have combed every beach I could near for 30 years and have found a total of 5 pieces of sea or lake glass.  Karen found 3 cups in one comb?

7:00-phone range--I ignored it--trying to get my spaghetti made for supper--friend from Saginaw.
8:00--phone range again--friend from Saginaw--I ignore it because I wanted to watch Survivor.
9:00--called friend back--yak, yak, yak until 10:00
10:30--realize I have not gathered up or taken out garbage pail--did it.
11:00--came in to shut down computer and got in obsessed mood about the planter.
==========================
Thursday--woke up at 8:00 on my own.  Hit snooze button.
8:20--doorbell rings.  WTH?  Dar wants to know if I want to go for a walk.  It's 39 degrees out--she hates the cold, but wants to know if I want to go for a walk?  I declined her offer.
====================
This is the Stack and Grow Planter I bought, on sale, last fall.
I have it set up in my living room and I have been
staring at it and deciding how and what I want to plant.

Here's my plan--so far, but I may change my mind, LOL.
TOP TIER:

Bunny Tails in the center

Dark Blue Primrose further out
 Hot pink and Light pink Moss roses on
outer edges and to hang over the edge

2ND TIER:

Bright Pink Impatiens
2 in each section 

Dark Blue Lobelia along front edge
2 in each section

3RD TIER:
Coleus
1 in each section

Coleus
1 in each section
                                                                                                          Impatiens
In center of section along front edge









BOTTOM LAYER:
Chartreuse Sedum

I just love Hot Pink, Dark Blue and Chartreuse together.  I have plotted this all out, typed it up, printed out a "purchase" list and ready to go to the garden store across the road--in another 3+ weeks probably.

I have to have it all written down or I swear...I would forget by then.  

I really wanted to make this, but....this would cost at least $75.00.  You cannot imagine how much plain old succulents cost nowadays.  But...isn't it adorable?

7 comments:

  1. I love Chartreuse Sedum and moss roses together. I have them by my front sidewalk. Your planter is going to look spectacular with the things you have planned. Succulents multiply really fast. You could start out with a few around a tiny house and use dried moss or pea gravel on top of the soil until your succulents spread out. Or just buy a few new ones every year. That planter above is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the planter is going to look spectacular. It must be pretty big if you can fit all those different plants in. The weather over here is really variable too. It can jump 10 degrees C in an hour..... The plants don't like it very much and I've no idea what to wear! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your plans for your planter! I too can find myself spending lots of time planning! Enjoy your weekend judy and thanx for stopping by my blog! Your comments always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your planter is going to be awesome! I admire how you plan thing out, Judy. I'm a jump right in type, and then sorry later. LOL

    Enjoy your weekend. So glad Karen came home safely.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Went to get plants myself yesterday. I wanted some succulents to add to what I have, but their price is out of this world! With our little rain, and even through this winter, fairly moderate temperatures, they are perfect for my pots outside. But not this year. Each 4 inch pot was $$. So petunias repeat well here, and I added more petunias.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want that planter. It's so neat. I'd like to plant herbs in it. I've wanted to try herbs in a planter for awhile now. It'd be nice to be able to step out on the deck and snip some basil to go with tomatoes or a stalk of rosemary to stuff in a chicken cavity. Yes, I have planter envy. :)

    ReplyDelete