title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, July 8, 2013

What Goes On?

Today's high temperature was:  82 degrees
Today's humidity was:  71%
Egad--I feel like I am living in a sauna!!
========================================

I would sure like to know what goes on while I am asleep.  I must be having nightmares or some unconscious turmoil.  I woke up this morning at 4:00 a.m. in severe pain because I had just bitten hard) the inside of my right cheek.  I rolled over and grabbed a Kleenex and wiped my mouth--all bloody.  GEEZ!!! It was hard to get back to sleep because it hurt, but I didn't have enough consciousness to get up and rinse out my mouth.

Then, a few minutes later, a storm rolled in--I rolled over listened to the hard rain and fell back asleep until 9:15.  The inside of my cheek still hurts and is swollen a bit I guess because I keep accidentally biting it.  

I just felt so foggy headed this morning--stumbling around--trying to feed the cats, get my warm cocoa ready and into my chair in here.  I do believe that there is some sort of something that happens to my mind when I sleep because, when I wake up (usually),it is almost like I don't know what day it is or I can't wake up and get rational for a while.  I swear, sometimes I think I am losing it!!!

So--after about forty-five minutes, I just put on my moc's and walked down to Pearl's.  Merle is angry because the cat woke him up last night--he has to get up at 4:30 to go to work.  Pearl is not happy because the cat is so nervous it just keeps moving, here and there.  She thinks she got the wrong cat because Lily is so thin and she doesn't look AT ALL like this picture. 
 
Her Lily has more of a wedge shaped head--kind of like a Siamese shaped head, and it is very thin compared to this picture--ALTHOUGH--the tag on her cage was the same name--the same birth date--the same information.  She was turned in by an older lady that could not take care of her.  Personally?  I do not think it is the same cat.  

Of course, Lily wants to play with Tiger, who spends most of his time now, under the bed.  I went in, closed the bedroom door, so Lily couldn't get in, and got down on my knees (ouch) to talk to him.  He would not come out, but then--he never has been a very sociable cat.  

I told Pearl to close the bedroom door at night so Lily can't get in.  She said, "But then she will scratch at the door and yowl and that will make Merle even madder."

Pearl wanted an affectionate cat--this cat is it, but I think she is a bit too much for them.  She doesn't even try to nip and she never tries to use her claws--she wants to be on a lap--at least for a few minutes, but she is in constant movement.

They have only had her two days and I assume that Lily is trying to find her comfort zone--after having been in a cage most of the time for the last 3.5 months?  I really don't think they have the patience to let the cat get acclimated to her new home and surroundings.  It took my cats a couple of weeks before they settled down.  I am afraid that if Lily doesn't act according to what they want--she will be returned to animal control or given away to someone.  Too bad too--she is a very loving cat.
===================================
So--after an hour, I felt awake sufficiently enough to come home, get my morning routine done, watched my Soap and went up town to the Rich People's store to get my weekly supply of food.  I am practically turning into a vegetarian--which is so funny because all my life, I have been a beef eater.  Now--I just eat salads and fresh fruit all the time, with a half cheese sandwich at noon and rarely any meat.  Weird.

This is what I got today--a couple of salads that I never even heard of, but am willing to try them.  I picked up a Subway for supper--at least that has a bit of meat in it.  
I have Macaroni/Tuna salad in the front--1#, then Antipasto,
Cobb, Greek, Chicken and fruit, Chef and on the right,
Grape Tomatoes and Mozzarrela Cheese balls.

The total cost was $24.99 and they will last me until next Monday, so--if I bought these every week, that would be $100 a month for food--which is far less then I normally spend.  Of course, it is the bathroom tissue, Kleenex, laundry soap and other stuff that takes up so much of my "grocery" budget.  If I bought the ingredients to make these seven different salads, most of it would end up spoiling and being thrown away because, I wouldn't eat the same salad every day.  I don't know--I feel like it is an extravagance to buy these salads--I feel guilty. 

I just wish that one time---I could buy something I WANT, instead of needed, and not feel quilty!  I should have stayed married to the rich GM employee/retiree.  Well--now--stop and think.  He counted every penny that went out of the house.  He'd yell and carry on if I wanted to buy a skein of yarn to make a present for someone.  I'd have to live from October to May in Florida--missing Christmas here with my family.  He'd be sitting in his chair while I would be running to--"Get me a beer." "No, we aren't watching that on TV."  So many other things!  

NO--he isn't that way with the wife he has now, she does not tolerate his BS, BUT--if he and I were still together, the same routine we started out married life with would still remain.  The way we related to each other would never have changed.  

So--


I will continue to watch what I want on TV, get up and go to bed when I want, have my pets, and, every week--buy myself some nice salads from the Rich People's store.  :-)
===========================================

This is the kind of picture you get with a "PhD" (push here dummy) digital camera like I have.




This is the kind of picture you get if you have a really nice one like the lady whose gardens I visited on Saturday. 




Jealous  <sigh>









9 comments:

  1. That's great looking food and it sure makes things easy not to have to cook.

    I had a problem with biting the inside of my mouth a few years ago and finally had to get a bite plate to sleep with. I used it every night for a few months, then the problem seems to go away and I only use the bite plate on rare occasions when needed. I personally think it's stress related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy salads....I have been craving a salad and plan to go to the farmer's mkt after work to get some local produce. Can't get enough of greens.
    Ouch on biting the inside of your cheek, though. That is awful, and I sure hope it does not effect your having some salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos!
    My cat Thomas was affectionate, but also terribly nervous, when we first got him from the cat's home. It took a few weeks for him to settle. The first few nights were particularly bad. We decided that we were happy to have him in the bedroom - like our previous cat. Unfortunately he jumped on us every time we moved because he just wanted to be reassured. It was tough going for a while.
    I hope that your friend's cat start to settle soon. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those salads look yummy. I would have a hard time deciding which one to choose first. Take care of that cheek. It's so painful to have anything sore in your mouth and try to eat.Have a nice evening.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are better off on your own. No one to boss you around. Your salads from the Rich People's store look good. I love those kinds of salads. Enjoy! Don't feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss the Rich People's store's made to order Ceaser salad. Best Ceasar I've ever had.I know exactly which store you mean; we have a very similiar one that also carries Spartan brand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss the Rich People's store's made to order Ceaser salad. Best Ceasar I've ever had.I know exactly which store you mean; we have a very similiar one that also carries Spartan brand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning photos! I love your sense of humor :o) And you have the perfect attitude about what we want and don't have vs. what we had and didn't want. Onward, as you say!

    ReplyDelete