title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, July 19, 2013

Freelance Friday

The high temperature today was:  95 degrees
The humidity today was:  81%
Heat index today:   104 degrees
=======================================



Last July, at this time, we had a few days over 100 degrees.  We haven't been that high yet, but I can tell you--there isn't much difference in 94 degrees and 100, when the humidity is 81%.

Sitting inside the cool house, watching the strong breezes blowing outside, one would think, "Oh, let me open the doors and windows to air out the house."  Then when one opens the door, one remembers that no matter how strong the breeze, 94 degree temperatures are hot!  We've a two thunder storms roll through with heavy downpour and now the temperature is 76 degrees, but the humidity is still high, so it doesn't feel real cool.

I didn't even go outside today--I still haven't got my mail, but that's no big deal.  I stayed inside and played.  I made my floor plan on the graph paper and took my little pieces, representing my furniture and moved them around the drawing--fun.  Then, I took it, all the pictures, my expense Excel spreadsheet, into a file folder and stuck it in the accordion folder marked, "Dream Houses".  Along with the plans from my blue and white house that I designed in 1977,  a floor plan I designed for a manufactured home to go out on The Farm, in 2007 and now the Little House On The Corner.

I watched my Soap and clipped Buddy's front and back claws, which he didn't mind, brushed him, which he didn't mind, wiped him down with a cat wipe, which he did mind and put some Neosporin on a big gouge/scab under his chin, which he tried to lick off.  Apparently, his back claws were so long that he has scratched a big hole under his chin.  I noticed a couple of smaller scabs on the side of his head too.  I do not know what is going on with those.

Dar's sister-in-law came to my door..wanted to tell me they took Darlene from work to emergency and she is in the hospital for probably four days, with an intestinal blockage!  She wanted me to tell Pearl and Jackie.  I asked how Dar was doing and she said, "They gave her a couple of Ativan and she is doing better," then she smiled and I nodded my head and smiled and we both knew that the other had been witness to Dar's hospital hysteria.

I cross stitched for an hour on a stamped cross stitch baby quilt I bought on sale, had supper--nice Antipasto salad, painted my fingernails a nice nude pink color, read for awhile and watched the ball game.

I made another large sun catcher--which I don't like at all.  I cooked it longer so it is completely melted and smooth.  I actually now like the first one I did with the beads almost melted, but still bumpy.  Then I made four more in the larger muffin, muffin tin and they turned out kind of good.  I took a small piece of tin foil and rolled it up in a ball and put on the top and bottom of the sun catcher, before I cooked them.  That way there is a nice little hole that I can put the copper wire through--two on a wire, vertically.  I think I will give one of those to Pearl.  When I get them done, I will hang them and take a picture for you.

The last big one I made, in the cake pan, picked up residual Teflon off the pan, which turned into dark spots.  So, tomorrow I will go to the Salvation Army and see if I can get just a plain, metal cake or pie pan.  I also have a heart shaped cake pan--that might make a cute one in reds and pinks or something?

I didn't care for today--being cooped up in a closed house all day, is the same if it is extremely hot outside or extremely cold.  It's all the same because you can't open any windows and can't go outside and enjoy it.  Cannot wait for the predicted cooler weather coming late tomorrow and Sunday--and next week.  Glad we got the rain for the gardens and hoping for more.

Sorry this has been boring--just a nothing kind of day.

Later-Jude



4 comments:

  1. I have had the same kind of day.
    Inside except for trip to mailbox for mail
    and early morning in garden for a few minutes.
    Pain all day in old injury where I tore a muscle in bicept 10 years ago from over working. I probably strained in over the last few days with overwork once again. Guess I am a slow learner about not doing what I did for years. Cortizon shot 13 days ago relief has left. So not using right arm, putting ice on it and took Tylanol.
    Up and eating yogurt and checking computer.
    Hopefully I heal without trip to doctor next week. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same kind of day for me yesterday, too. Stay homed from work (rare for me) as I just felt sick from struggling in the heat all week. Slept 3 hrs in the morning...9-noon. Finally got myself together enough to drive the 8 miles to LM's house. We ate a little sandwich for dinner and then drove to the beach. High wind and sand blowing. We got out and walked along the shoreline with the waves slapping against us for about a half hour. Back to car and sat in the hot and salty breeze for a bit - sand was blowing in our eyes. Still so hot. Had to come home and shower all the stickiness away. The humidity is at 89%.
    We are supposed to get storms later today to bring some relief. Hope yours has already come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't do a whole lot yesterday either; just a little weed eating, and finished a book. I do want to try making a sun catcher, but will need to go to store first. When you say "muffin" are you saying to make small ones? I'm a tad confused about that, but what's new? LOL

    Love ya.
    Hope the weather wasn't as bad as expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really hard to believe the melted beads don't stick to the pans. Have you figured out a way to bake the sun catchers with a hole in them so you don't have to drill one? I can't wait to try it, but will wait for a little cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete