title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Aimlessly Wandering Around

Today's high temperature was: 68 degrees
Today's humidity was:  43%
Sunny and a nice NW breeze
Blissful
===============================================

I gotta tell ya, when I woke up this morning--it was cold in here!  56 degrees outside, with a northerly breeze coming in and 68 degrees inside.  I had to put on my jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt.

I appears that I am not going to drain and flush the water heater until Friday, LOL.  I was the hose in place on the back porch--went out and measured it this morning and cut it to length.  I don't need the hose and I certainly do not need a 75' hose.

A few weeks ago, my sister expressed a desire to visit Beth.  Bethie gave her a beautiful, old dough box for a house warming gift and Susan has it in her home and loves it.  Of course, Susan has known Beth all her life, as Beth was at our house from time to time.  In fact, I have a cute movie of Beth swinging, like a monkey, from the top of Susan's swing set.

So I e-mailed Beth to see when she had a free day.  She is busier then either of Susan and I.  We finally got a day--2 days set.  Today was the day--if something urgent came up, we'd go tomorrow.  Susan was to come here and we would go on up together, to Beth's.  I expected Susan around 1:30.

I took a shower and changed into clean clothes and set down at 1:00 to watch my Soap and wait for Susie Q.

At 1:45 I called her cell phone to see if she was near.  It went right to voice mail.  I called Beth, who was out walking the dog, and told her husband to please tell her we were going to be late.

At 2:00, I called Susan again--getting a bit worried.  I knew, if she were driving, she wouldn't answer her phone.  It went to voice mail.

At 2:30--I was getting into a tiny bit of a panic, so I called Chuck, Susan's husband.  This is the conversation:

Chuck:  "Hallo"

Me:  "Where are you and watcha doing?"

"I'm sitting at the dining room table, playing cards with Jim and Jerri.  Why?"

"Is Susan there?"

"Yeah.  She heard her phone ring and she is running around trying to find it."
        Just then I heard a deep voice in the back ground, Jim: "Tell Judy she's disturbing our card game!"
Chuck:  "Just a minute....."

Susan: "Hello--what's up?"

"We were suppose to be at Beth's at 2:00."

"Tomorrow.  Right?"

"No.  Today--Wednesday.  Remember you said we'd shoot for Wednesday.  You said you put it on your calendar."

"OH MY GOSH--I put it on my calendar all right.  I put it down for Thursday!"

    Hm-mm--senior moment and she is only sixty-one!

"Okay then.  Can we still go...tomorrow?"

"Sure.  Oh, I'm so sorry!"

"Okay--See ya tomorrow."

Then I called Beth back and told her what had happened.  She said, "That's fine.  The house won't be any cleaner or dirtier tomorrow then it is today."

GOOD GRIEF!!!  These kinds of things drive me crazy--but--ACCEPTANCE OF THINGS WE CANNOT CHANGE!!!

So, I got my jeans and old shirt back on.  Sat down and programmed names and numbers into my new cheap phone.  Then went outside to check my veggies and took a walk.  Walked down to the corner, stopped and chatted with a neighbor.  Started walking back, stopped and talked to another neighbor about her beautiful garden---stopped and talked to Pearl who was sitting at her outside table--Tami came over, talked for a bit, then she walked home with me--to look at the hummingbird's nest and finally got back inside.  Took an hour to do all that--real nice.

I just felt aimless the rest of the day.  I had a plan.  The plan fell through.  Now what to do, what to do?

My sorry little veggie garden.  Next year--Zinnias! 

I am going to let sister take some of the sun catchers, if she wants them.
I am going to keep my favorite one--the first one--the bumpy one.
Twisting and turning in evening sun


Buddy has taken to napping between the TV stand and the table

So today, I took one of my Ever Comfy cushions that did not
hold up well for me and put it back there for him.
He napped all afternoon on it--of course, knowing cats,
next week he will never go there and find another place to sneak a nap.

Hopefully lil' sis remembers tomorrow morning that we have a date.  Should be a good day AND--another excuse not to have to worry about the water heater maintenance!!!. LOL














4 comments:

  1. I hope that you have a great time today! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping your plans happen today! I really do find it unsettling, too, when things don't go the way I want. I say the same thing you, did, though, and life goes on. You must have been quite worried, though.
    Love Buddy's little corner. Did he tip over the cow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy,
    I understand your disappointment. Getting all ready and then having your plans changed. Hope you have a good day today.
    Those sun catchers are so pretty. I think you should keep them all as they look so pretty on your porch. I may make a few soon.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Hope she remembers today. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete