title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, July 28, 2013

I Got Nothing

Today's high temperature was:   65 degrees
Today's humidity was:  75%
Yes, I wimped out and turned the furnace on for a few minutes to take the chill off.
=======================================

I made it to church--could have stayed home for all I got out of it.  We had a lay person who spoke in a low, monotone voice.  We had special music from an older lady who thinks she can still sing--she was professionally trained in operatic singing in her twenties, but now in her late sixties--too much vibrato and no one could understand a word she sang.  Then we had a lady give a talk on her motorcycle accident last year.  <yawn>.  The best thing?  One of the hymns we sang was "Great Is Thy Faithfulness."  As we walked to our cars, Pearl's husband said, "Almost as much fun as going to the dentist!"

Came home--rainy and cold all day.  I saw no one outside of their homes  Watched the Tiger's baseball game--they are beating up on the Philly's.  Watched a movie--watched a couple of Little House on The Prairie episodes--knitted on a baby blanket, cross stitched, read, fell asleep for an hour in my chair with cats laying on me and--believe it or not--worked on creating this year's Christmas card.

Then, I saw these pictures posted on Face Book.  Karen, Mark, Marcus and Stephen are in Portland, Oregon, to pick up Madeleine from Susanna and Derek's, where she has spent the month of July, studying ballet with the Portland Ballet Company.

Stephen, who will be a Sophomore at MSU this fall.
I didn't know he was wearing a beard!  Handsome!

The Rivard Family Pyramid
Marcus, Stephen, Mark
Derek and Susanna
Maddie on top

and my pretty Karen

Also this--my nephew Adam, Susan's only child.
He turned 39 today.
I didn't know he was bearded either!
He works in the Michigan State Senate and is his township's commissioner

=========================
That's all I've got today kids.  Maybe tomorrow will be more exciting?


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family.
    So nice and cool this early morning - in the 50's. Wish it would stay...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain on this side of the state, too. At least you accomplished something with the rain which is more than I can say.

    Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is this cool and rain of which you all speak?? Seriously - we have only had a couple of days this summer in the 100's, and there has been more rain than normal. But from now until about August 21 - we are in for hot and dry. The high pressure is moving back over us. The only good thing is that it will keep hurricanes and their kin away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pics of your family!

    This post reminds of something: I went to a funeral many years ago, and the soloist was near from me to see, but oh my gracious; that was the screeiest thing I've ever heard. Come to find out, it had my classmate in high school. Ouch.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, she was NOT near where I could see her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I always enjoy your posts, but it's especially nice to see photos of your family. What a lovely family you have!

    ReplyDelete