title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Rainy Saturday Tidbits

Today's high temperature was:  71 degrees
Today's humidity was:  54%
============================================


This is what I have--have had for the past 5 years.

Kinetic Benign Essential Tremor--shaking in hands that gets worse during activities, such as eating or shaving.

I might add to that list--writing, hand sewing, trying to pluck eyebrows, clipping cats claws, putting on mascara, trying to use screwdriver, painting finger or toe nails---the list goes on and on.  It is only in my right hand for now.  My right hand not only shakes, but can jerk from time to time.  It only happens when I am trying to do something "precise" with my right hand.  It does not shake if I stick my hand out in front of me--nor does it shake or jerk involuntary--only when I try to pick up something small or when I am doing a "controlled" movement that requires steadiness--thus the word Kinetic.

Of course it is worse if I am nervous.  Sometimes, I have to steady my right hand with my left when I am eating (in public).  Trying to put the back on my pierced earrings is a nightmare!  When I write--at times the pen can go off in an upward direction--my handwriting is very shaky--like that of a person 100 years old!!!  Writing out checks to pay bills, is not a lot of fun.  I have to brace my right hand and wrist down on a hard surface so it won't move, and then use just my fingers to write.  Sometimes I have trouble placing the cursor on my monitor when using the mouse.  I brace my right thumb and wrist on the desk and then move the mouse.  I think the whole thing has been caused by Carpal Tunnel that I acquired while I was a Secretary--all that typing and writing.

Trying to get the head of the screwdriver into that plug on the water heater yesterday was hilarious!!!  If I managed to get it in the slot, when I tried to turn it, my hand would shake and out of the slot it would go.  SO--I used my left hand.  I am becoming quite adept with my left hand.

I suppose some day, I will be one of those old ladies you see who's head shakes back and forth a tiny bit--like that lady in front of you in church, who's head shaking drives you nuts!!! LOL
==============================================


===============================================
We had five rain storms go through today and with them---bring really cool weather.  Right now at 11:00, it is 53 degrees outside.  The first two storms carried no drama--the third storm has lightning, thunder and hail--the last two storms, no drama only very hard, heavy downpour.  I did hardly anything--in fact I haven't even gone out to get my mail.  I did some laundry, watched a couple of movies, some of the baseball game and just messed around.
============================
I hope all of you take this everyday.  My cardiologist said it would protect my heart and arteries--keeping them clean and elastic.  My Primary Care doc told me to take two a day as it helps with memory and keeping our brains "alive" AND my orthopaedic surgeon told me to take it because it really helps with the arthritis pain.   I think they are all right.  

Also, if you take a prescription drug for high cholesterol, you should be taking one CoQ10 capsule a day.  It helps counteract any adverse effects of the cholesterol lowering med.

This is also a great antioxidant and especially important for your heart.

Of course, research these two supplements and ask your doc about them.  I assume you all are taking Vitamin D--right?:  There is a lot of women that have Vitamin D deficiency--my blood work always includes a measurement for it.

Okay kids--I am done with my tidbits and going to bed.  Tomorrow morning, I MUST get up and go to church--I have been so lazy lately that I have been skipping every other Sunday!!

See ya later---





4 comments:

  1. My husband takes the fish oil every day. I didn't know about the CoQ10. Thanks for the info.

    I enjoyed that hot water heater post. You smart thing, you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm domed! I am allergic to shell fish and have a terrible fear of taking a fish oil supplement. I do eat a lot of salmon and hope that helps.

    I'm getting tested in August for carpal tunnel. Sorry about your shaking. Have you ever thought about getting tested? I've heard the operation is pretty simple and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear this, Judy about your tremors. I have another friend who has this; I think she drinks wine to help (NO not during the day). :)

    I hope you make it to church this morning. I need to go, and keep saying that.

    No, I don't take any vitamins. For some reason they have never agreed with me. However, I do need to get some "E" as it helps with scalp excema.

    Have a wonderful day, my friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has got to be very frustrating to have a shaky hand like that! I wonder if a wrist brace would help? Rich takes fish oil every day but the only supplement I take is vitamin D3. Have a good week! One more week and I am on vacation!

    ReplyDelete