title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, July 15, 2013

The Little House On The Corner

Today's high temperature was:  92
Today's humidity was: 74%
Feels like temp: 102
Me no like!
==================================================

Unfortunately--I love it!!!

Coming from Pam's, heading west-toward Mark's.



2.5 car garage.  I would have no storage problem!!


Entry way from garage, up three steps into kitchen.
Bath and bedroom are off to left through door.
Living room, straight ahead through kitchen
basement is to my left and back a bit



Living room from bedroom door--looking west.
18x24
That alcove over on the far wall has faux brick areas.
I would put tons of plants in that alcove!!!

Bedroom from bathroom door.
Huge--bedroom and seating area
20 x 24
Bedroom from living room door--windows are facing east
The head of my bed would be on that far wall--north--
which is suppose to be good for you to sleep with
your head to the north.  

Bathroom from bedroom through to entryway
Smaller room with aqua carpeting.

Smaller room which would be my computer room
As big as the one I have now--south facing window
Sorry it's blurry, I was shaking a bit

Kitchen between living room and back entryway, also has eating 
space off to left in kitchen.
See the faux brick pieces on the back alcove in the living room?
That would have to go!!!


Looking out the bedroom window, facing east, toward Pammies.
The woods where I played on the right.

It is way larger inside then it looks from the outside.

It has a full basement--cement block--and tall enough for me to walk comfortably.  A utility/furnace/water heater room, two small bedrooms.  The basement is very cold.  Today she had a fan set up at the top of the basement stairs and it was cooling the whole house--which amazed me as hot and humid as it was outside.

The people that had it before, were into faux painting.  I like the kind of metallic faux surface in the bathroom because it is my colors of blue/green/amethyst, but I would have to get a new high profile toilet stool and it has a tub and a shower--which I could now handle, but would really miss my beautiful shower room I put in here.  

The kitchen is kind of a gold color on the walls and the living room is kind of faux painted mud color and the bedroom kind of faux painted something.  A lot of earth tones--which I hate.  I prefer very light colors and would like it if it were all painted white and I could have bright color accents.   

The carpeting is only seven years old, but in kind of bad shape. She has a repair guy coming in to fix it however. There is a deer feeding station just outside the bedroom windows and there is an outside light to turn on to watch the deer come into eat after dark--in the winter months.

The garage is "to die for" as they say.  I have never had a garage.  It would be nice to be able to park my car inside--especially in the winter.  All of my stuff I have in my storage shed and in the closets in this house would fit in there with room enough for anything anyone else around me needed to store there.  It was amazing--with a nice work bench all along the west wall.

There is a nice vegetable garden out in back, and a lot of flower gardens--unfortunately, there is a lot of work to do on those flower gardens--they are mostly weed gardens, but--little by little, I could do it.

ALL of my big furniture would fit in the rooms very comfortably with room for more, LOL.  Especially the bedroom.  I would most probably use the seating area of the bedroom for my computer area and use the little bedroom for my book shelves, etc.

The windows are nice vinyl, with double panes, like mine--self storing screens.  

HOWEVER--there is only ONE closet in this house.  The entryway from garage into house.  I would need to buy a wardrobe for my clothes.  There are no windows in the kitchen and I so love to look out while I am washing dishes.  There is no window in the bathroom as it is right off the bedroom and backs up to the kitchen on the south and the basement stairs on the north. I do not like a bathroom without a window.  

I WAS conscious of every vehicle that went by and how fast they were going--it would be a bit noisy for me, but because it isn't continual traffic, I probably wouldn't notice it after awhile.

There is really only one thing wrong with this house and my living there.  I CAN'T AFFORD IT!

So--I checked it out.  I told you I was praying about it and asking God if it was in The Plan or not and although I haven't heard any more "words" from Him, since His "Check it out"-- I am assuming it is NOT in The Plan.  

The owner, Judy, said for me to take my time and think about it. It won't be ready to move into until late August.  So unless I heard that I have inherited the part of my Daddy's estate that I am suppose to get...I won't be moving "home".  And that is all right.  I feel at peace about it.

I wish I had taken more pictures--from different angles, but she was with me and I didn't want to make her feel like I was imposing or whatever.  I will be back in the area this Thursday and if no one is there, I will just go in and look around some more.  Hee Hee  She told me too anytime I wanted and even have my sister and Chuck look it over.

Now I have the movie in my head of how it looks.  I can go into each room, when I can't sleep at night, and visualize how I would put my furniture.  I can get my graph paper out and draw out the design of the house--just for grins.  

Most rentals in the area go for 600-650 a month and those are in town and include garbage pick-up and some utilities.  I don't need garbage pick-up, but---this is way over priced, although IT IS a house and not an apartment.  The last tenants paid $800.00, so she will charge whatever the market will bear.  BUT, even at $550.00, I couldn't afford.  AND it is a half hour drive to get groceries, doctor, dentist, civilization, LOL.

Like I said from the get-go--if I were to be diagnosed with something really bad in the next year--I am only a few miles from a cancer treatment center here.  Only 1/2 mile from a small hospital emergency room.  Only 30 minute drive to the BIG hospital Fred was in and where I most probably would be if needed.

SO-----I have to realize that just because I feel thirty years old in my head--I am actually probably less then 10 years from dying and I need to be nearer facilities for the "olden's".

Oh...but.....unfortunately...I LOVE IT!!!









6 comments:

  1. Understand all you share.
    Also
    the movie in the head
    "I always do this"
    and make a list of
    advantages and disadvantages.
    Continual prayer
    and you will make the right decision...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have my list and it way heavy on the CANNOT AFFORD IT side, LOL.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry that you love it, really. But, Judy who knows but God, right? I get where you're coming from in terms of health issues.
    However, you're gonna live a good long life, and to be closer to two of your kids and your sister would truly be a blessing. And, just think, Dar would probably move in with you. Okay, that was a BAD joke.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ms. Sally--cruel and unusual punishment--Dar move in with me. I could put her in the basement, right? She wouldn't make it 48 hours out there. SHE HAS to be around people because, SHE IS A SOCIAL PERSON. She needs people around her at all times!! Hee hee

      Delete
  3. Really cute place. For now, just dreaming about it and imagining where you would put everything, garden, etc, is really fun and interesting. I do think you are looking at all the angles wisely, though, and being near services is really important.
    Love Sally's comment about Dar...just think - you could share expenses... OMG. It is a bad joke...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could put Dar in the little bedroom. Share expenses? and drive her half an hour every day to get her ciggies because she only buys one pack at a time. Yeah--that would work out really nice. HAH.
      I think it might be fun to make out the floor plan--just for kicks. I could put it in the folder where TWO OTHER dream house plans reside--one from 1977 and one from 2000.

      Delete