title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wordless Wednesday--From Me?

NEVER

When have you ever known me to be wordless--on Wednesday or any other day of the week.  So much going on--in my head AND my life.

75 degrees today.

This morning the guy--that is his name Guy--came and power washed my house--er-rr, trailer--no--mobile home--no it's not called that either--unit?  Well, anyway, you've seen pictures of where I live, so you call it whatever you want.  $80.00.  The house looks so nice--he puts a wax on it too AND he spent extra time on my back porch, which was dirty, mildewed and awful looking.





Yesterday afternoon--I did this.

Freddy made me this raised bed quite a few years ago.
It was filled with strawberry plants.  Then they sort of died off
and it went to weeds.  I dug it up, (I actually DUG IT UP) and saved a few of the strawberry
plants to put down at the south end.  It is going to be my vegetable garden this year.
A regular sized tomato plant on the north end, a Grape tomato plant
on the south end AND a hill of a few cucumber seeds in the middle.
Freddy was always going to put a rose in that triangular thing on the south end.
I have sprayed it with Round-Up and will just put in--something--I don't know what.
Don't you love my wonderful crop of Dandelions?

After Guy left, I grabbed Pearl and we went across the road to the garden shop.  She has already made two trips there, but thought she needed more flowers.  We get so crazy this time of year, when it is planting time in Michigan.  This was my purchase--($100.00) waiting a few days for them to harden off and me to plant--probably next week if I can wait that long.  May 15th is our planting time here, because in Michigan, you can always get a late frost.
There are no Impatiens this year.  They developed some sort of mold disease
last year, which killed them  People going back to the garden store for more,
as all their plants are guaranteed.  So this year, they won't sell them.  
Even Lowe's, will not sell them this year.

This led to quite a quandary for me as I ALWAYS plant Impatiens in my pots and planters.  
The manager there showed me a flower called Rosea Vinca--and guess what? 
They look much like an Impatiens to me and sun and drought hardy.  YAY!!!

This combo will go in my large pots.  I think I am going to like the Fuchsia geranium
dark blue/purple Wave Petunia and this chartreuse vine--I can't remember it's name.
The Geraniums are a bit darker Fuchsia then they appear in the photo.  
I so love these colors together--POP!!

Friday the guy--only that isn't his name--I don't know what it is--Lynch Carpets--is coming to clean my carpets.  I can't move EVERYTHING out of the way, so I will clear out the living room and bathroom (yes, I have carpeting in the bathroom--not my choice) and have him clean those two rooms and the door ways to the computer room and bedroom and my couch--sofa--davenport---whatever you call it.  We used to call it a davenport, but I think nowadays, most people call it a couch.  Whatever it is, it sits on a metal frame with recliners on each end and is impossible to move unless you take it apart.  It and the entertainment cabinet will stay where they are and he will clean the rest of the carpet.  $120.00

As I said before, money is pouring out of here like water from a faucet and IT HAS TO STOP!!!  The whole inside needs to be painted--I did it five years ago AND that stupid ceiling stuff they put in these kinds of places, need to be painted also.  I can't do that--I think it has to be sprayed.  BUT--I can't move the furniture out of the way anymore, so...............guess it will just stay and get yellower and yellower as the years pass--then when I pass, the kids can have it all done before they sell this place.

On a more serious note--Dar was over yesterday--she was in a huge anxiety mess.  It seems she may have breast cancer.  She had it ten years ago in her right breast and now--it may have re-appeared in her left breast.  She had her mammogram, or as she calls it, mammy-oh-gram, and they found a "disfigurement" as she referred to it, in her left breast.  She goes in Monday to have an ultra sound.  After all the bad stuff I have gossiped about her!!!!  I have made up my mind, if she has to have treatment, I will drive her to her sessions.  She doesn't have a car.  The cancer treatment center is only one mile away.  It's the least I can do.

Which reminds me, I get my mammogram and chest x-ray next Wednesday!

Until tomorrow--I don't have anything planned, but you never can tell what will come up for me to tackle!!
======================
My other weird neighbor, whom I have never written about--worse then Dar, just posted this on FB--I love it.
"THE WEATHER HERE IN MICHIGAN REMINDS ME OF MOST OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET, CONSTANTLY CHANGING WITHOUT WARNING & GOING FROM ONE EXTREME TO ANOTHER!!!"


8 comments:

  1. Love the flowers. I really like Vinca and it seems to keep blooming like impatients do if you pinch off the dead flowers. Since I've moved from full shade to full sun, it's a great way to get color like the impatients provide. The planter will be gorgeous too! I love all the planting this time of year. Makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are gorgeous. I love that pink/purple combo. I've used it a number of time in pots. Hope you take pics of your vegetable patch when you finish planting it. Love seeing your yard and house outside. Nice.

    Sorry to hear about Dar. I hope it turns out to be nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've decided to wait until I get back from vacation to do my planting, which involves window boxes....and that's it. I used to plant tons of flowers but I've gotten lazy over the years. Your flowers look beautiful.

    I need to have NEW carpeting installed in the whole house but cannot imagine the upheavel of removing all the books and junk from everywhere. They'll move the furniture, but really removing all the small stuff seems like too much work. Plus, I have that new doggie coming home soon and who knows how many accidents she'll have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK by waiting until the flowers "harden off" do you mean that the soil dries a little so the roots stay together better and it's easier to plant? If so, I need to remember to do that. I usually end up planting my flowers the day I get them or the next day. Sometimes it's such a pain when all of the dirt falls away from the roots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers/color, Judy.
    I'm in awe of all your energy and what you are accomplishing. So nice to get all those things done.
    Do hope that Dar will have a good report.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Question about painting. Do you have the stock plastic wall units, or did they put in sheetrock??? At the other place we have the plastic units - which I hate. I was wondering if they can be painted???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful
    Soon my deck and screen porch need pressure washing and sealer.
    Near the woods and mildew on everything.
    Your place looks great.
    On the mamo
    I stopped
    was told did not need them.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, and now I feel bad. I'll pray for Dar; she must be scared.

    Your flowers are beautiful and the house looks so nice and bright!

    So, you're not going to plant pickles; just pickle seeds? :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete