title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Precious--Well, One of Them.

Pre-race

Crossing the finish line.

This is my 2nd grandchild Susanna, as she finished her first full marathon in Eugene, Oregan.  She was suppose to run in the Boston Marathon, but let her co-workers go in her place, as they had never been there.  All of them were safe, thank Heaven's, finishing before the bomb went off.

She was a cross-country star at her high school, here in Brighton and at her college, Grand Valley State in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  

She got a job with New Balance shoe company--who's corporate offices are in Boston--she was there the weekend after the bombing and posted on FB, how eerie and surreal it was to have a morning run down Boylston Street--past the memorials.  She works a lot of the marathons, advertising the New Balance running shoes.  She had done many half marathons--this was her first full one--she looks pretty refreshed even as she crosses the finish line.

She and her hubby live in Portland, Oregon and they love it there.  It is so beautiful--I love the North West.

This is what she looks like when she isn't running:





and on their wedding day.  Isn't the grotto beautiful?



She is Karen's second child.  I am so proud of her.  She is as beautiful inside as out.  AND, I wanted a pair of New Balance walking shoes, as my old ones were high and I wanted a lower cut, so she ordered them for me.  Ordered on May 1st, I got them May 3rd, with her discount.  $70.00 pair of shoes for $40.00.  I put them on and went for a walk--no break-in required.  They feel like I've worn them for months.  

She took care of Gramma Judy real well!!

SWEET!!!


6 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Yes, she really is a beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just beautiful. Very sweet that she got Gramma new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy she is beautiful.
    We are so fortunate regarding our grandchildren.
    Mine bring me so much pleasure :)
    Have a wonderful day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's very beautiful. I'm glad to read that she avoided the horrors of Boston and that all her colleagues were also safe. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my, she is stunning, Judy. So very pretty. The best shoes I ever had were New Balance. I love them and you're right, no need to break them in.

    ReplyDelete