title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

This high today-46 degrees.  
Frost/freeze expected tonight.


No words needed to describe my happy feelings today.  My oldest daughter Pammie on my right, and daughter Karen (and her kids) on my left.  Surrounded by love today.

=====================================


Our Mother passed away when she was 53, from something--they never found out what.  There was a huge hole left in my heart from that day on and changed my whole life.  Susan and I often talk about how different our life and families would be if Mother had lived.  For one thing, there would have been no step-mother and all the trouble she brought to our family.  Our family would be so much closer and happier.

Mother was always smiling, singing, laughing, happy, happy--she never gossiped about anyone and was always helping someone.  She was very artistic and ahead of her time when it came to her painting, her crafting, her sewing, her decorating.  It has been a lonely 43 years since she's been gone. 

Mother and me--1944

1968

1969--Mother and Daddy

 A few months before she died.


I love you Mother--Happy Mother's Day--it won't be long now and we will see each other again.  

5 comments:

  1. Love the photo of your lunch today. How very
    nice of your family, Judy.

    I know you miss your mother so much.

    ((hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see your family together.... and a lovely tribute to your Mum. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was lovely - and you favor her very much! What a blessing you had today with your family. Have a great night and stay warm. I hope I don't regret putting my flowers out today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, you were adorable in you little bow and long curls. Your mother was lovely. I'm so glad that you had a happy Mother's Day. May there be many more.

    ReplyDelete