title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Grey--Cold and Other Stuff

I slept with a couple of windows open last night and when I woke up--it was 65 in this place.  So, like the wimp I am, I turned on the furnace to take the chill off and...have left it on all day!!

It is dreary out there today--rainy, windy, cold.  BUT--no severe storms so I am happy.

I got a new phone number about eight months ago--when I bundled it with the Internet and Cable TV. On and off over these months, I have received phone calls from three credit companies that wanted to talk to "Frank".  At first, I'd say, "There is no one here by that name."  They kept calling.  Then I'd explain, "I just got this phone number--it must have been his."  They kept calling.  Last week, I finally got his last name from one of the companies.

I went to my computer last Friday and to the White Pages site and typed in the guys name.  Nothing too much came up.  So I put in my phone number and up came everything.

I found his address.  I also found out he was born February 4, 1950 and DIED March 3, 2012.

So Monday, I called back each company and told them what I had found.  They were really quite nice about it all.  One lady said, "Gosh--we use White Pages all the time, but I never found out all that information.  We ought to hire you to find the people who owe us money!"

Which makes me wonder--if I could find it so easily, why couldn't they?  I don't think I will have any more creditors calling for Frank.  Rest his soul!
========================================
Pearl needs a new doctor.  Hers is so inept that is it scary.  I have been telling her to call the doctor her husband goes to.  He was Fred's doctor and he is great!  Finally--after months and months, she finally got up the courage to call.  Guess what?  He isn't taking any more patients that are on Medicare.  Why?  Obama Care.  Under the Affordable Health Care Act, doctors are getting paid much, much less from Medicare and so, they can't afford to take on any more, because their costs have gone up.  New office staff has to be hired to fill out the many more paper work.   Despicable!!!!!  We need to repel that program, IMHO!!!

=====================================
So--while I was at my doctor's I asked him if he still took Medicare patients.  He does!!  He is a fairly young doctor--use to work the ER.  He started his own practice seven years ago.  I was his second patient.  He is also head of the nursing homes in this area--so most of his patients are older.  He said, "This Obama s**t really has messed up the medical community.  No one wants to take on older patients because Medicare no longer pays as much as they used to.  BUT--I am not going to neglect my seasoned citizens!"  I also got the name of a highly recommended rheumatologist for Pearl to see.

It may have been a wasted trip today--out in the rain--fifteen minute delay trying to get through a construction zone, but I guess I am glad I went.  I wanted to talk to him about the blood work, mammogram and chest X-ray I had last week and the lower then normal blood pressure.  I haven't seen him in a year, so............the blood work is perfect!  The good numbers are up and the bad ones, down.  The mammogram is normal.  When I was in the ER last December, they did a chest x-ray and said I had a nodule in my left lung.  It is no longer there--if it ever was!!!  Personally, ER did the x-ray while I was in bed, sitting up.  I think it was a shadow of my left nipple, to be perfectly frank with you.  The x-ray showed clear lungs--no shadows--no problems.  He isn't at all concerned with the blood pressure.

"You should be happy it is low!  That bottom number is when your heart is at rest.  What it indicates is that  your heart and arteries are not old and stiff.  It's great!"  He thinks the loss of the 30# since January 2012, is the "cause".  He listened to my heart, lungs, ankles, carotid arteries and pronounced that I wasn't aging, I was "youngering".  I am in better health then I was last year--2 years ago--five years ago.

He wants to see me in three months.  I only like to go once a year.

I said, "If nothing is wrong...can I wait a year?"

He then said, "Okay--three months."

I said, "Let's compromise.  Six."

He said, "Three is good."

I said, "Okay.  We'll compromise. I'll be back in October (5 months.)".  We shook hands and I kidded around with the office staff--got print outs of my mammogram and chest x-ray and came home.

So--it almost felt like a wasted trip, but with that kind of news, it has me feeling quite high, actually.

=========================================
Tonight, I drove about 15 miles to watch my grand daughter, Madeleine, dance in her ballet school's Presentation Night--sort of like the year end recital.  Girls--and one boy--from age 4-to young adults.  Maddy has been going to this school since she was 3.  The little ones are so adorable--a bit unsteady on their feet and tippy-toes, but so darn cute.  They danced to "This Little Light of Mine" tonight.  This ballet school is called Fountain Dance Ministry--it is Christian based.  They have over 100 students.  I have seen Maddy dance in the Nutcracker Ballet, which this school puts on every December--three performances, that are always sold out.  Tonight however, I was so emotionally touched by the last dance, especially.  The tears just poured down my face--glad I was sitting in the back row tonight.  I watched Maddy, and it looked like she was transported--to--I don't know how to explain it.  I felt like I was in church.  I wanted to stand, put my hands in the air and Praise God.

Afterwards, I saw one of the teacher's and she recognized me.  She grabbed me by the arm, pulled me over by the wall and said, "When Madeleine dances--the look she gets on her face...it's like...like... she is in rapture!  Do you know what I mean?"

I certainly do!!!

This July, Madeleine will be staying with Susanna, her older sister in Portland, Oregon, and has been accepted to study with the Portland Ballet Company.

Do these young people really realize all the opportunities they have?

Maddy always likes to be able to see me in the audience.  She tells me that me being there, helps her dance her very best.  Well, tonight she couldn't see me from the stage, but she knew I was there.  Afterwards, she came up to me and hugged and kissed me and told me how much it meant for me to be there.  Karen's children--they are always so appreciative of me.  It makes me feel that I really am important--at least to them.

Thank you, God!!!
===================================

Tonight, it is 40 degrees outside.  No prediction of frost, so I think my plants will be okay, but when I got home and got out of my car, I could see my breath!


6 comments:

  1. So good to hear you so upbeat and happy. You are a good friend and a good Grandma! God bless you. Cari

    ReplyDelete
  2. This early morning I smile as you share about your granddaughter.
    I know the feeling as I am so proud of mine and they make me feel loved.
    It is cool here this morning in the 60's but no heat on :)
    Will be hot again tomorrow.
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful health news and your granddaughter - who fabulous for her. I miss my grandma so much. She used to go to all of my things and then all of my kids things. You are such a wonderful grandma! That means a lot to her for you to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wish my younger daughter felt the same way. How she can deprive her children of the love this grandma has to give them, is beyond me. I pray every day that God will bring reconciliation to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Maddy sounds so sweet. Grandchildren are the best. I'm glad you have her in your life.

    Your health news is the best. It's wonderful to hear. Keep on keepin' up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have felt fantastic when you were told that you are youngering! Maybe you could write a book? I'm sure there's plenty of people who would like to share your secrets! Its lovely to read about your grand daughter's passion for her dance. Jx

    ReplyDelete