title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, May 20, 2013

A Day of Disasters

I was watching FOX news--Shepherd Smith, and all of a sudden they came on with breaking news that a tornado was forming in Oklahoma--I watched as it snaked down and then grew and grew.  It was awful watching it--yelling at the TV--"Stay away from that farm!"  75-100 horses were killed on that farm.  Then seeing pictures of the devastation in Moore, OK.

Can you imagine seeing this coming at you.  I want to yell,
"Put down the damn camera and get in  your underground storm shelter!!"


It's one of those horrible things on TV that you don't want to watch, but you can't quit watching.  Like Newtown, or 9/11, or the Kennedy assassination.  Then you hear that 24 little kids drown when the "safe" storm cellar they were in, flooded?  Incomprehensible!  The pictures on TV look like the town was hit by an Atom Bomb!

We had a severe thunderstorm watch and updated to warnings around me, but we got no rain.  We did get a bit of wind, but no big deal.  My Maple trees released their seed pods in the wind.  As they came whizzing down, I could hear them hitting the sides of my house.


Storm clouds building

Maple tree whizzers cover everything.  Those little devils
will bore down in the ground and everywhere one landed
will try and grow a tree.  So it is out and picking them up
or waiting until they start to grow and pulling them out. 

I hear we will have more watches tomorrow--that nasty storm is heading this way.
====================================================



I'll bet you can tell me which one is Pearl and which one is Darlene.

Look at the eyes--which looks wilder, LOL.




Look at that mouth--it says, "Don't argue with me!"


I won't get sued for posting pictures of them.

They don't know I have a blog and no one who knows them reads this blog.

(She said, about her last blog, and a distant cousin rat finked her out.)
=================================================
Our state has had some deadly tornadoes--one last year in a town just 20 or so miles south of here.  Dexter, Michigan.  They had never had one before in history.

So, this afternoon I called Pearl to give her a weather update, as I was watching the radar on my computer and could put it in motion to see what was coming at us in the next six hours.

"I've checked.  The bad storms are going to go north of us."

"Why do you worry so much about storms?"

"Because, we live in a glorified trailer--we have no protection--we have no shelter in this park.  I want to be prepared so I know, if a tornado is coming, I can get in the car and get up to the hospital and hope to find shelter there."

"Oh pooh!" she says.  "I have lived in this area for seventy-seven years and we have never had a tornado!"

"That's what the people of Dexter said--until last year."

"Listen--I know about these thing!  Tornadoes follow certain paths.  We are not in that kind of path!"

"A tornado can happen anywhere.  There are super cells that can drop out of a severe thunderstorm--with no warning."

"No--that's not right.  Tornadoes follow certain paths and we are NOT in one of those kinds of paths!"

"Well--what would you do if you SAW one coming at you?"

"I'd go out and get in my car where I would be safe."

"Have you seen what happens to cars hit by tornadoes?"

"Well--we don't live in Oklahoma--we don't get tornadoes like that here!"

Okay...............................

You do not argue with Pearl--I keep telling you that, LOL






5 comments:

  1. The pix of Dar has - man's hand on her. Where is the rest of him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is her daughter--who kind of looks like a guy.

      Delete
  2. Glad to read that you are safe. There's dreadful pictures on our breakfast news. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been watching the coverage this morning. So horrible and sad. Even some of the news reporters have a hard time.

    Love the pix of Dar and Pearl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so heartbreaking. I just can't watch much of it! I know that's bad, but I can't help it.

    As soon as I saw the pics, I KNEW Dar. LOL

    Glad you're safe, Judy.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete