title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Triumphant Tuesday

A nice day, weather-wise.  We will have high 60's, low 70's all week. Which is great for me!!

I finished up my side garden today.  Cut everything back, raked it good and put on a top dressing of the Garden Soil Amendment.  I'm not putting the mulch on this one until next spring.  The bags of mulch I have left can just ride around in my car all winter!

Several times I wanted to quit and finish up tomorrow, but I kept pushing on.  The last trip I made to my shed, with the wheelbarrow loaded up with porch pots, garden and porch ornaments and my tools just about did me in.  Then I noticed, the raised bed by the side of my shed, where my Zinnias are planted, is still doing well.  They must have loved the 3 straight days of rain we got.  I didn't have the heart to pull them out and will wait---or forget it and they will rot away and I can clean up their mess next spring.

Tomorrow morning is my trip to the Food Bank--hope I don't forget like I did last month.

Oh, and I got Della's present finished.





6 comments:

  1. You sound just like me, Judy. I'll start a project and just keep going until I'm worn slap out.

    That's a beautiful gift for Della!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't throw your back out with all that gardening and hauling and so forth. It doesn't all have to be done in one day. Our weather is improving too, ever so slowly, but we still have some low 80s for the weekend. I'm over it. Della's cross stitch is an instant heirloom, a real treasure. She will appreciate that someday when she's old enough to understand, and for long years after you are gone. Happy Wednesday, Judy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her Momma still has the one I made for her 32 years ago. :-)

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a busy garden day. Send some of that energy my way! Doesn't look like Kitty is missing any meals. What a chunk muffin or is it just the way she/he is laying? Hope you find lots of good things at the food bank that you can use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the way he was laying, kind of raised up a bit, made his tummy look really big...BUT saying all that, he weighs 16.5 pounds and is a very big boned and tall Silver Point Tabby.

      Delete