title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, October 6, 2017

Tidbits

Catch-up.

Sunday--there was a mass shooting in Las Vegas.  Monday, I sat and watched the coverage all day.  The Chief of Police in Vegas is now saying, they don't think the shooter acted alone.  Some people are coming forth telling that they heard shots at ground level.  Fully automatic rifles have been illegal to own for years.  The Bump Stock he used is not illegal, as the last Administration, who had a chance to make it illegal, didn't.  I assume it will be now.

Monday night, as I was looking at my only 2 week old hair cut, I saw strands of hair coming out from behind my ear.  These strands were 5-6 inches long.  The top of my head, the hair seemed too long already.
===============
Tuesday, I figured I would take a chance and call the salon I used to go to.  I know their hair cuts are $35.00.  For the last 10 months, I have been going to Fantastic Sam's = $17.00.

I called and asked the receptionist if I could get a hair cut by "someone who knows how to cut short hair."   She suggested Lauren.  I said, "The only Lauren I know there is the girl that used to shampoo my hair."

"Yes, that's her."

"I didn't know she was a stylist?"

So I went in and sure enough.  Everyone was so glad to see me back and I hugged Lauren!

"The reason you didn't know I was a stylist is because when you came in to see Tracey, I worked that day as her assistant and shampoo girl.  On the other days, I worked as a stylist."

Well, she got to it.  I could hear "hm-mm" noises coming from her.

"Tell me," I said.

"It looks like the last stylist you had just trimmed along your hair line in back and didn't shave your neck.  Plus there are these long hairs coming out from behind your ears.  On this side--your hair is an inch and a half, on this side it is two inches.  The top is several different lengths."

When she was finished, it looked just like it was suppose to look.  I didn't care if this was going to cost me $35.00, I would just not eat one day to defray the cost.

We got up to the desk to pay and the receptionist said, "Seventeen dollars, please."

"Wait.   What?  I has to be more than that!"

She showed me the ticket.  So I paid and gave Lauren a five dollar tip and made another appointment for 6 weeks.  Hugs all around and I drove home, happy as could be.
===============
Wednesday--I made out a list and got on my way.
Gas station was my  first stop--put in the usual $20.00 and on up to the Meijer store.

Got everything I needed and was only $147.00.

On over to Walmart where I picked up two prescriptions and got my Flu shot.  I did not get the "enhanced" Senior vaccine, just the regular one.
Isn't it cute?  They stuck this on me, it is covered with a thin film of plastic.  They stick the needle in the middle of the "target" and when they retract the needle, the film seals, with no bleeding and no chance of infection getting in.  No band-aid needed.  Better than I would have received at my doctor's office, where I usually get it.

As you can see, even though I am on a blood thinner, there was not one teeny drop of blood.  

I had rubbed my arm before the injection and afterwards, I massaged my arm downward and I had no pain at all--that day or the next.
================
Thursday--I started working on digging up my Iris and cleaning out the perennial garden in front.

Oh my!  There is so much grass in there that it looks like part of the lawn, with flowers growing up through it.  What a mess!  

I got my wheelbarrow, garden fork, shovel, rake, clippers and hauled them out front.  I worked for a solid hour--loosening the soil with the fork and then sitting in my canvas chair while I pulled grass and its roots out of the soil.  What a mess!

My back and shoulder hurt so, that I decided to quit and continue today.  I had not heard the weather forecast, so I loaded all my equipment back into the wheelbarrow and because I hurt so bad, decided to just park the wheelbarrow behind the porch, instead of putting it all back in the shed.

I awoke this morning to a nice rain and a wheelbarrow filled with water, and my nice shovel, garden fork, and hand clippers laying in a puddle of water.  I could just see the rust starting to work its way into the metal.  What a mess!

As I only got about 1x3 feet done in the garden, I expect this project will take another 4-5 days.  ARGGH!

I have never put wood mulch on my perennial gardens.  Maybe it is time I did?  Will the Tulips and Daffodils grow up through the mulch?
==============
Tomorrow is our inter-state rivalry football game.  Michigan State versus University of Michigan.  Played at University of Michigan this year.  With their strong defensive line and our strong offensive line, we just might end up in a zero-zero tie.  LOL.

I would hope it would end like this one back in 2015.

7 comments:

  1. Sounding better...

    Other than rain on the tools.... Ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hairdresser is a 65-year-old man and no one else has cut my hair since 2004. When he retires -- or worse -- I'll be obliged to shave my head and buy a wig. Nobody else is going to touch my hair. Oh and he charges $25 but I pay him $30. He's a marvel. The Cubs play their first playoff game tonight so you know TG and I will be glued to the flatscreen. Go Cubbies, another World Series please. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got a good rate on your hair. Recall when visiting Ann Arbor a few years ago I went to a shop where family went. I had relatively short hair then which I just had shampoo, comb out or set and dry. Was a young gal and I couldn’t believe it was under $5. Needless to say I left her a sizable tip as I’ve had to pay so much more here in So Cal. Don’t know what her training was. Haircuts are a ridiculous price here, I think.
    Mich family and in-law relatives connected variously to UM or MS, so expect they’ll have fun when those teams play. Hope your tools don’t rust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure my haircut at Walmart's is that 'cheap'. I had to stop going to the salon I was used to---it just got to be so much!
    Hope your team wins this weekend. (Hope my husband's team wins, too---this house will be much more quiet and enjoyable!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a haircut now, and luckily the stylist charges 15 which is great. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i soooooo get the hair thing. having a great haircut is worth it's weight in gold. how nice that they charged you less (if i read it right)!!! i use the same girl, every six weeks and each haircut is different and i just don't get it. but they are usually pretty good. i hope it comes out just as good the next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you for getting your flu shot. I'll get mine next week at my dr. office.

    ReplyDelete