title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

BOO!

Am I the only human in the US of A, that hates Halloween?

No, not because of Trick or Treaters, I don't get any here, no not even because it is a reason for the thugs in big cities to vandalize and burn.  I just hate the whole thing about it.

Dead people coming out of their graves to flit and fly among us?  Why would that be fun?

Witches and the bats flying in our faces and poking us with broom sticks?  Why would that be fun?

Zombies trying to drag me into the pit?  Why would that be fun?

Pagans and witches with their blood rituals?  Why would that be fun?

I've never liked it--even as a kid.  I certainly didn't like the Halloween parties I was forced to go to as an adult.  Just another excuse for grown-ups to get drunk and act stupid.

Now, more than ever, it is so mixed up with paganism and the occult, that it repels me.  

Remember my neighbor Tammie?  She was a Catholic, turned Seventh Day Adventist, turned Pagan.  With an enormous pentagram on her front door.  She was even married on Halloween, in the local cemetery.  Last spring she was out, hugging and praying to some godess, for the tree that was going to be cut down.  She's spookier than  anyone I know!!!

I just wondered, am I the only one that hates Halloween?

11 comments:

  1. No, you're not. My blog tomorrow is about the same topic. Although I did as a kids which I explain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, I love Halloween, but I am sure you already know that!! You put an evil spin on it!! So far, I have seen some great costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer Halloween to Christmas. I don't like the negative,gory aspect of it but I do like the fun parts of it and I love decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it too! I don't acknowledge it except with a few of my "grave-y" decorations which I like year-round but only display in September and October. No trick-or-treaters come to our door either; I've never understood that as ours is a large, quiet neighborhood. I don't buy any candy. I think the way adults dress up and have parties for Halloween is stupid. I don't care who knows it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like it either. I think it's silly to dress in such gosh awful costumes.. especially grown people! Then to go around asking for candy!? And yes- I have a grown daughter and 2 grandsons- 15 and 9 years old... and no, they don't participate either.

    But that's just my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My least favorite holiday! Love fall decorations, but not Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do not like. I've ever dressed up in a costume for anything! We didn't have a trick or treater and we were fine with it. We used to get many before large suburban streets and houses neared us. Remember the razor blade in the apples found? (I guess!)
    I'm just not in a very good mood for such things as Holidays now. Man, I hope that will change soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't remember ever celebrating Halloween except when I was grown and drove my younger brother around for him to get treats.

    Not that I actually dislike it; especially since my greats have a wonderful time (their dad walks with them) and they always look so very cute. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was a kit I loved Halloween naturally! When my kids were little I hated it because of all the candy they would get! Now I neither love or hate it but I don't pass out candy and I haven't for years. Simply for the reason that our family room is in the back of the house and when they ring the doorbell the cats freak out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked Halloween for children when I was young, then for my children, but dislike adults taking it over and turning it into a less fun, more ghoulish affair. Havent had any trick or treaters on our street for years after kids in area grew up. Think now they may go to private parties in peoples homes for safety now.

    ReplyDelete