title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, October 28, 2017

This and That

My clock radio woke me yesterday morning to this song:  You Were Always On My Mind.
and that dang song put me in a mood that started my day off really bad!!!  I have a love/hate relationship with this song.

You see....my husband and I were separated for 18 months before our divorce was final.  We dated off and on.  The last few months he started dating our mutual friend--I had encouraged him to date her.

The night before our court date, we went out.  A dinky, dim bar near where we lived.  There was a country-western group that sang and we danced.  

Then, they sang this damn song.  We got up to dance and hubs started singing those damn words in my ear.  Truest words he had ever said to me.

We drove back to my place--the home we had lived in and raised our children in, we went to bed, probably closer than we had been in years.  He left around 5:00am.

Ten hours later, we sat on a bench in the courthouse ante-room, holding hands and crying, as our lawyers worked out a "deal".  Then into the court room.  I clearly remember hearing the courthouse clock chime 5:00, as the judge brought down the gavel and said, "Divorce granted."
=====================

The ever present argument I have with my brain:

“Ooooh. Look at that!”
“Hm-mm.”
“I could really use that.”
“Hm-mm.”
“I think I’ll get that.”
“No.”
“Yeah, but…I like it.”
“No.”
“But—I would really enjoy that.”
“You don’t need it.”
“But…I want it.”
“You can’t afford it.”
“Oh.” (sigh)

=========================

Just saw this posted on FB this morning.  Madeleine was sending her ballet teacher a Happy Birthday post.  Maddie was 4 at the time.  So cute.
  
  
======================
I drained the stupid water heater yesterday.  My back was killing me.  First I had to removed all my clothes from the closet to get to the back where the heater is, behind the wall.  I piled everything on my bed.  

Dar came over during the process.  After she left, I put it all back together and thankfully, when I pushed the gas control to "On", I heard the WHOOSH of the flame and knew it was all working.  Put the piece of wall back.

Then Dar's friend Sheila stopped in with two cans of soup for me and we talked.

Then it was supper-time and just then my cousin called and we talked for over two hours.  Then I got interested in watching the World Series and it was late by the time I went to bed.......................only to find all my clothes from the closet still piled on my bed.  

So--there I was, near one in the morning, sorting out winter and summer clothes to put back in the closet!!
===============

Today, I am sitting in my recliner and watching back-to-back football games, U of M at noon, Michigan State at 3:30, and cross stitching and crocheting ALL afternoon!!!  My back needs a good rest!!!
========================

Darling Della's 1st birthday photo gallery.


Her constant companion and guard--Rupert



10 comments:

  1. I hate getting interrupted when I'm the middle of a project like you did.

    I have never lived in a house where the hot water tank got drained like you do. I know you're supposed to but I'm guessing our water source on this side of the state doesn't cause whatever it is you're trying to prevent with the yearly maintenance.

    I can see why the song brings on such strong emotions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had a problem with a water heater, until I moved in here. On my farm, the heater lasted 30 years and I think it was only drained once in that time. I drain mine twice a year--while I have all my clothes out of the closet--swapping them out for the new season.

      Delete
  2. That Della - oh my goodness, one of the cutest little baby girls ever (well, except for mine). :)

    Enjoy your games, hope your back starts feeling better!

    Sending love and hugs to you, Judy.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday--back is doing better after a day of rest yesterday.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did you delete your comment? It came through in my e-mail and there was nothing wrong with it.

      Delete
  4. I've always disliked that song...don't like Willie Nelson, either. Don't really know why...
    Della is precious and reminds me of Karen!
    Hope your team won!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of Willie, although he has had some good songs. It is the words--sung by anyone, that remind me of that time and situation that tear me up.
      My team lost--to a team rated way below them. We probably will lose the next two games also--against Penn State and Ohio State.

      Delete
  5. That is a poignant song. Certain songs can really change your mood.

    Della is, as always, delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good name for Della.
      Delightful Della instead of Darling Della. :-)

      Delete