title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Deep in a dark hole. Up in the sunny skies.

It's been awhile since I posted.  I just didn't have it in me, so to speak.

I found out Wednesday that I would not be able to attend Della's 1st birthday party on Saturday.  I got an e-mail from Karen that they were going down early in the AM on Saturday and staying overnight--so I wouldn't be able to ride down with them.  Had I called Pam?  I could ride down with her.

Well, I didn't even know Pammie was invited.  They all text each other back and forth and of course, I get left out of that communication.

So I called Pammie Thursday, before she went to work and she said she was riding with Mark and his partner, Cindy.  In Mark's truck, that only has a teeny-tiny back seat.  No room for me.  She asked why I didn't drive down myself?

Because these kids know so much about my life--NOT-- apparently they are unaware that I have no idea how to get to my grand daughters, that the party was to start at 4:00, which meant I would have to drive back in the dark, which I can barely do and on unfamiliar roads?  Impossible.

By Thursday night I was pretty bummed out--especially since I had left a message on Karen's phone at 11:30 that morning and she had not returned my call.
========================
I asked God to figure something out, but didn't really think that was going to happen.  Hey--I can handle a
"no" answer to my prayers.


Friday morning, I finally felt at peace about it.  I didn't care anymore.  I would just sit home on Saturday and crochet/cross stitch and watch football.

Friday afternoon, about 3:30 the phone rang and it was Karen.  "Mom, I've been trying to figure out this whole party transportation for you, that's why I didn't call you back last night.  I just don't  know what to do."

"Oh Karen.  Don't worry about it Honey.  I have to realize at my age and not being able to drive a distance or after dark, I am going to miss out on some things and it's okay.  Just send me photos from Della's party."

We hung up.

The phone rang again, about a half-hour later.  "Mom, I'm here shopping for food and it just occurred to me.  We are having supper tonight to celebrate Marcus' birthday.  Helene and Della will be there, along with Marcus and Morgan, Maddie--Susanna is in from Oregon--all except Stephen will be here.  Would you like to come down and have supper with us?"

"Of my  Gosh!  That would be wonderful!!!"

"Can you get home from our place after dark?"

"Sure.  I have before.  I come up the service drive next to the expressway, then come through Brighton and home.  Lots of street lights all the way."

"Okay--we'll eat around six.  See ya.  Love ya."

I hung up the phone and starting laughing.  "God, you have a weird sense of humor," I said.  "You crack me up!  I'd like to slap you sometimes, but...thanks".

I often forget the promises to stop worrying and give it to God.
=============
I had a better time than if I had gone to the Saturday party with all the people that were invited.  It was such a lovely evening and I got home just fine.  

The new addition to Karen and Mark's home.
Enlarged the living room, now that their family is growing.


 
Della looked at me and I said, "Rip and tear!"
 and...she did!
It was so nice, weather-wise, that we ate out on the deck.
==================
Photos from her party--



===============
Sunday afternoon, I had just come back from a walk down to visit Pearl, ate a couple of string cheese and was wondering what to do with the rest of my day.

I heard someone coming up the porch steps and in walked, Jennifer.

No big deal, right?

This is Jennifer!  Jennifer who lives in New Jersey and I rarely get to see.

I leaped out of my chair and ran to hug and kiss her!  She brought me a plant in a heavy earthern jug with a froggie on the side of it.  So cute!

So surprised.  She is on business in Michigan all this week.  Speaking four different times at a conference on Impact Investing.  Apparently she is the expert on Non-Profits and at these conferences, people are coming in from D.C., New York, Dallas and Atlanta.  There will be around 3-4 thousand people at the conference.  She isn't a bit afraid to stand up in front and talk.

She sat beside me and showed me tons of photos of the kids, she has on her phone.  

They are breaking ground on their new home construction this week.  Her hubs is home and will handle all of that.  She is the main bread winner (she always has been, which kind of ticks me off), but it looks like his father may be ready to turn over his Prosthetics and Orthotics business so that her hubs will make some better money and.........she longs to retire from the active law work.

She has had Lyme Disease since June and she is very tired.  She's also tired of traveling all over the country and over seas to the conferences.  Evan is only 6 and she wants to be able to spend more time with the kids AND she has all  sorts of plans how she can do consulting, pro bono, volunteer, etc.

There is one thing with Jen.  She will never be one to sit still.  She is a Type A+ personality, has an enormously high IQ and is driven to help people.

She is a Republican with a Liberal agenda.  HAH.  She loves big business and the money the corporations bring in and she loves to tell them about Impact Investing, Non Profits and getting their money to people and programs that need it. 
She has been working pro-bono and representing some of the DACA young people.  She's only 45, so she still has a lot of time for a new "career".
==============
So, all in all, at the beginning of the week, I was not posting, nor was I on Face Book.  I was so discouraged and frustrated, sad and depressed that I couldn't talk to anyone and now.............?

Which just shows to go ya, hang in there, because you never know when a rainbow is end in a pot of gold in your front yard!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful trees out on the farm. Glad you got to see the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you---not only getting to go to dinner at Karen's but also because all the bad feelings between you and Jennifer seem to be in the rear view mirror. Love that you got quality time with family. That keeps a smile our old faces for days, does it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree photo — beautiful colors. Glad you could enjoy family gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about all that! Thursday began in such a down way, and by afternoon---full of blessings. I'm so happy to hear about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Della! That first year passed quickly, didn't it?

    Wonderful that Jennifer visited. It's been a long road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very happy Jennifer came to visit you! Such blessings all around. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. God blessings are overflowing! I'm so happy you got to spend time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this judy and i am so happy for you!!!

    looks like a pretty house and beautiful property!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hooray for the happy endings!

    i still get mixed up, on who is who, in your family, but it doesn't matter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome how you got to go to the "best" party ... the one with less stress! And how nice of Jennifer to drop by. xoxo

    ReplyDelete