title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, January 27, 2017

January 27th. Already?

I found it!!!  It was less expensive than the ones on other sites, but still with shipping and taxes, it came to $30.00  Isn't it cute?  It's going to be so much fun to do.  I love the little turtle!!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  I was foggy headed in the morning and then I had a wondrous phone call with a blog buddy, going over genealogy books for her siblings, and then I spent the rest of the day working on that--before I forgot what we discussed.
==============
This morning, got up late again--9:20--it is so dismal outside.  We haven't seen the sun for days and days!!!  Worked some more on the genealogies--editing and re-doing pedigree charts.

I watched my Soap, which was rudely interrupted by the President, and some old lady from England.  It's a fact, there is nothing on TV at 2:00 EST, so why don't they wait until then and not 1:30 to have a President press conference?  ARGGH.  It's Friday.  There always is a cliff hanger on my Soap on Fridays.

At 2:00, I ran up to Walmart--to get my prescriptions, which I was supposed to pick up yesterday.  I was paying $2.50 for my generic meds and $6.50 for my blood thinner.  The prices today?  $3.30 for the generics and $8.25 for the blood thinner.  I haven't purchased any in 3 months and the pharmacist told me the prices rose January 1st--along with most of our health insurance.  My health insurance tripled!!!  Luckily, because I am low income, I did get a subsidy that pays for part of it, but it still doubled.  ARGGH!!

  I didn't need to get too much in the grocery department. I cashed in my coins from the coin jug at the CoinStar machine.  They keep 10.9% for using the machine.  I should have rolled them and taken them to the bank, or Meijer where they only take 5%.  

I just looked at my Walmart receipt.   I spent $22.00 on wild bird seed!!  Some with peanuts and berries in, some with nuts and sunflower seeds for the Woodpeckers, Cardinals and Nut Hatches.  A suet cake for the Woodpeckers.  I spent $4.00 on cat food.  I got myself a pencil sharpener--47 cents and a pouch of Tuna--$2.42.  It's a fact that the animals around here eat better than I do.  LOL
==================

My daughter Karen, gave me half a ham for Christmas.  That thing was big as a cow!!!  I finally have all the ham sliced off and frozen in packages for sandwiches and today, I crock-potted the bone and the meat on it all day.  I have a nice broth, I also have 2 potatoes, carrots, 2 onions and a small cabbage to add and crock-pot those tomorrow.

I did this a couple weeks ago with just the ham and it tasted so good.  It seems I must have been craving ham for a long time because I've been eating on that hog since Christmas and I'm still not sick of it. :-)
==============
Went to a funeral Tuesday and have another one on Monday.  My cousin's husband died last night.  "Death comes in Three's?"  I wonder who will be next.  YIKES!!!
=================
Have a great weekend.  

16 comments:

  1. How long have you been doing Genealogy? I been doing my family history for some time. Right now I'm trying to find my 2nd gg dad on my mom side.
    Don't know much about him and what I know he married a lady name of Hannah Ross in 1848 and both of her parents was dead and one sister she had. They had quite a few children. So right now I'm slowly looking though the 1850 Philadelphia census in hope it will give me some clues.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been doing my own family since 1970. Now I do for other people.

      Delete
  2. You've been busy!

    The last two falls I had decided not to feed the winter birds but I gave in and once you start, you can't stop until summer. They really do cost a lot to feed!

    I would be thrilled if my medications were as cheap as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. If you start feeding them, you gotta keep feeding them. I do the squirrels too. I find it is cheaper to feed them corn and peanuts, which keeps them out of the bird feeders.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you about the cat food; I feed almost a bag each week to the barn kitties. They need to start earning their way by catching mice around the chicken houses!
    I'm glad you were able to find the quilt kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All our barn kitties every got was leftover food, bread scraps and milk. Maybe if you didn't feed yours so well, they'd get hungry for mice? LOL

      Delete
  4. So glad you found your quilt. It looks like it might be a 'Precious Moments' design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get back to genealogy. I traced one branch back to the 13th century in England before I stopped because Christmas took over my life. Glad you found the baby quilt. It's a cutie. LOL about your animals eating better than you. It's the same around here. We don't have pets, but we feed the birds and squirrels. I got H one of those spinning squirrel feeders for Christmas, and he puts corn on it. We are entertained by all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my recorded judge judies have been interrupted because of the president and the inauguration as well, such a bummer!!

    i'm happy you found your quilt, it is adorable!!

    my bank has a coin machine and they charge zero!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for finding your quilt. So cute!

    Our coin machine gives you 100% IF you buy a gift card .... so I always get an Amazon card. I hate paying money to get my money!!

    As for meds and insurance ... at your income level you should not be paying ANYTHING. I got forms from each drug company for my parents and they ended up getting most of them for FREE.

    THANKS for blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe that is adorable!
    I wanted to ask if you got a raise with SS? My paperwork said I did but I didn't. My sis in law did though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--$3.00
      You better call them. Everyone on SS got a raise this year. Of course, Medicare went up too.

      Delete
    2. I hope Medicare didn't go up more than the 3.00.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo happy that you found it, and got it!!!!

    Guess you don't need to be told, that we need "changes", about our medical costs.

    Let's hope the "Comes In 3's" thing, doesn't work, for this run of death!!!!!

    Have you begun your new sewing project yet? Or are you tied up with the geneology, for the weekend?

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my genealogy until a TV show comes on that I want to watch, then I cross stitch while I watch that and then back to the genealogy, until the next TV show comes on that I want to watch.
      It works good that way--just about the time my brain has gone dead from matching up people with their correct ancestors, I go and cross stitch until I am nearly blind and then back again. LOL

      Delete