title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, August 1, 2016

What A Mess! Or---

--what I did on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

I don't know if any of you have had this miserable computer experience, but...somewhere along the way I must have clicked on something wrong (Like Pearl does all the time) and ended up with a desktop that had NONE of my saved Favorites on it.  I have an Icon to click on that goes directly to my bank website, to my blog, to my patient portal, on and on.

DIS-TA-PEERED!!! (as my kids used to say.)

I had so many nasty, creepy, little spybots running in the background of my computer, like Ask, Bing, MySearch, Avg--they all wanted to be my search engine--at the same time.

So, I found a way to get rid of all of them.  Took me hours, but I did it.  Google was now my home page, as usual, but all my favorite icons were gone.

DIS--TA--PEERED!!

I could not even access this blog--my own blog--because, for security I have taken it off ALL search engines.  I did a really good of that too. LOL.

So I had to Face Book private message Chrissy to have her post my link so I could get into my own blog.  I'm here--but I don't know if I will ever find my way back again.  HAH!
==============
Good News--Pammie was here Saturday to pick up my recliner because the new one was set to be delivered this morning.

She and I got to talk about Mark.  Per Usual---when his pseudo-wife posted the late night Face Book status, she got it all wrong.  Well--she didn't actually get it all wrong, but she doesn't know how to convey what she wants to say in a concise manner, plus, usually that time of night, she is drunk.

 Her comment was,"he has decided no more chemo.  We want quality, fun time."

What that actually meant was:  per Pammie:  "Because Mark has been battling pneumonia and a gall bladder attack, when he went in for his 4th chemo treatment, the doctor told him, 'we aren't going to do that today.  You need to get your immune system built back up again.' "

So Mark DID have his shot and the normal infusion to keep his tumor at bay, but won't resume chemo for another month.

GEEZ LOUISE!!!

Pammie said, "Big Bro feels great!  He was out walking the other day. Wanted to know if I wanted to go fishing with him next weekend.  Momma, you gotta remember who posted that comment and just---ignore it.  Call me instead."

Sigh.
==============
I received my invitation to my grand daughter's  wedding.  It is going to be held in the back yard of their new home.  A Rabbi--very Liberal woman Rabbi--will do the honors.  They are going to have it under the Canopy and Mike will stomp on the glass, but when the Rabbi told Helene that it was traditional for the bride to walk around the groom 7 times, Helene replied, "Ah no.  I don't think we'll be doing that."
===============
This is what I have been sitting in since Saturday, when Pammie took my chair away.

My camping chair with an extra cushion and a kitchen chair to elevate my legs and feet.


Not exactly the most comfortable, but it worked.  The cats were confused as there was no place for them to lay.

Then, I decided to spray paint the construction grade brown floor registers, antique nickel to better match my carpeting.  They turned out great!!  Surprised myself that I managed to get the correct color paint for them.



Then I got a call Sunday afternoon that my new recliner would arrive at 11:45 this morning.  AND it did!!!

Oh. My. Gosh!  It is higher than my other one, so easier for me to get out of.  It has Seventy--Eleven positions to recline, including flat.  The chaise supports my calves and the foot rest locks in place, so if a heavy cat jumps up on the foot, it won't drop.  It has lumbar support.  I sat in it for an hour to watch my Soap, and my back ache was gone!!!

If anyone under 5'7" sat in it, they would feel engulfed, but for this 5'11" long legged person, it is perfecto!!!!!  It is smaller, width wise than my other one and not so "puffy" and it is sooooooo comfortable!!

It's a Lazy Boy!  I haven't been able to afford a Lazy Boy in 30 years!!!  AND, it will show every single cat hair, just like the last chair.  Who cares?  I've got a nice big lint roller. LOL


I told the delivery guys, "I'll probably see you again because the couch I ordered comes in at the end of the month."
================
At 3:00, I got a call from Art Van.  My couch is in and will be delivered this Wednesday!!!  Oh. My. Gosh!!!

So--my living room will look like a living room again and I won't have to use my camp chair for extra seating.  HAH!

10 comments:

  1. Your carpet, chair and register look great. The La-z-Boy looks comfortable and such good quality. And even if they do break like ours did, they come out and fix them.

    I hate computer crap like you just went through. The last time it happened to me Windows had upgraded me to W10 from W7 without telling me they were going to do it. Glad you got back online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah--Windows did that to me too a couple of months ago.

      Delete
  2. Oh man! I hate when unexplainable tech bugs appear. I'm afraid to upgrade operating systems. It seems like more and more people are having Facebook hacks as well. UGH.

    I'm so glad you chair is higher from the ground. It does make it easier to get out!! Your place is looking good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm sitting up on a throne. LOL

      Delete
  3. I shudder to think an innocent click could wipe away everything that anchors me, on my PC I mean. Is there any pain more frustrating than our PC going "Oh well, I just wiped everything out. Don't blame me. Oh well." Hah. You survived without a meltdown, or maybe we missed that.

    WooWee! Great chair! Awesome it's so comfy! And your soon-to-be couch arrives almost a month ahead of schedule! I can't wait for the pictures, since we all weighed in on the colors.

    Sounds like Pammie's now the point person for Mark. She sounds a lot more reliably accurate than his partner. I guess all we need is ONE reliable person per family, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have a meltdown because I didn't realize it until this morning. HAH. I don't know very much about how a computer works and how to get rid of stuff or get back stuff that is gone.

      Delete
  4. So happy you have some clarity on Marks health status, and it sounds a little better than before.
    Great job on the register color....love that. The color contrast would have bugged me. LOL.
    Love the new chair. You deserve that lovely comfort. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color contrast did bug me--things like that do--crooked pictures, do too. Hope you had a Happy Birthday Today. My Maddies 20th birthday today.

      Delete
  5. Your recliner is beautiful and I'm so glad it's comfy for you. We love our new furniture too. What a blessing. And aren't you a clever clogs for painting your registers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete