title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

We are having a bit of perfect weather.  Windows open, fresh breeze wafting in through the windows, causing my new curtains to billow softly.  Something about curtains, moving with the incoming breezes, makes it feel cooler.

The long awaited wedding of my grand daughter Helene, Karen's oldest child, was really nice.  I rode down with Chuck and Susan, because I knew they would be coming home earlier than Pammie. 

Jennifer was home with just two of her kids.  I so wanted to see her oldest son, Andrew, but he and brother Alex stayed back in New Jersey with Dad.  I guess they have found a plot of land to build on and the boys were helping Dad clear it.

Pam and Karen held down the kitchen.  They kept the food coming, the bowls full, the empty dishes cleared.  We arrived at 5:00 for snacks and conversations before the wedding.  Helene and Mike just purchased their "starter home" and the wedding was there.  Their back yard slopes a bit, down to a woods.  They had the tent set up and the Canopy under that.

My "starter" home was an 8x24' trailer.  Theirs is a lovely place.






Three generations

Another 3 generations 


My Princess Girl, youngest grand daughter (Jennifer's)
Elise, is 13 and growing tall like that old lady beside her. 

My Precious Girl Maddie and my Princess Girl Elise


 Grandpa and Grandma (me and the ex)


My youngest grand son (Jen's Evan) was a bit shy.

So I stuck my camera between his chin and his plate.




Pre-wedding.  One last chance to run, Mike. 



Maddie sang, "Can't Help Falling In Love With You"



Susanna (my 2nd grand child) read from the Christian
"Love is tender, it is not jealous..."
Mike, standing with hands in his pockets.  Dufuss!


Then, the winds came and the rain fell.  Some of the guys got up and held onto the top of the tent, where it meets the sides, to keep us from blowing away.

The Rabbi made mention that it is good luck to have rain on your wedding day.  


They are both so tall they had to scootch down a bit for the blessing.

And they all said AHmen and we all said Amen.


Then Mike stomped the glass a good one and we all yelled Mazel Tov and clapped.

As we walked out, back up to the deck, this appeared in the sky. 
A little, short lady next to me said, "Ah-hh.  A rainbow is very significant in the Jewish faith."

I replied, "Yes.  It is a sign of God's promise and blessing."

She cocked her head and looked up at me as if , "Hm-mm.  This Shiska might not be a heathen after all." 


 Mike's mother and brother Jonathon.

When we ate, I sat at the Jewish table.  I introduced myself as Helene's grandmother and they went around the table introducing themselves.  When it got to the guy next to me, he said, "My name is David.  A good Jewish name, but...I'm a Methodist."

To which I replied, "My name is Judith, also a good Jewish name, and......I'm a Methodist."

They all clapped and we had a great time.

As we were getting ready to leave, we saw them taking a picture of this.  Mike's full realization that he is locked into this family forever!!  LOL




The only thing I thought was odd, as we left, Karen was passing out invitations to the baby shower. Even the Rabbi mentioned the "soon to be daughter joining your life."
==================
The times they are a changing and this old lady doesn't quite feel real comfortable with it all.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, at least they got married and didn't waited until they had a few kids to use as flower girls or ring bearers! Looks like a nice wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking family! Looks like everyone had a good time and I'm glad you did, too. A happy send off for the new couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty place for a wedding. Best wishes to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a good time. Best wishes to the new married couple.

    ReplyDelete