title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Satisfaction


I have a beautiful photo I purchased.  I wanted it matted and framed.

Michael's wanted $100.00 to do it for me, BUT, they didn't have the narrow silver metal frame I wanted.

JoAnn's was a bust too.

So--I ordered a double mat from Matboard.com--they are located in New Mexico and even called me to make sure they had the dimensions correct.  Great customer service.

Got the mat--loved it.

Looked all over this area, no 12 x 16" narrow, silver metal frame.  So--ordered a perfect one from Amazon.  It arrived--perfect.  However the hanging wire that was supposed to be included was missing AND I could not figure out how to get the sawtooth spring clips off the back of the frame.  The instruction book, that was supposed to be included, also missing.


Pretty simple.  Right?  Push down on the spring clip and slide toward the center of the backing.  Unfortunately, I have no strength in my thumbs--or, if I managed to get it pushed down, I could not slide it out at the same time.

I jumped on-line with Amazon Customer Service and explained about the missing parts and how to get the clips out.

I got this message back from them.

"Hello,

I'm sorry to know about the problem you've with the "Timeless Frames Metal Wall Photo Frame, 12 by 16-Inch, Silver". That's something we don't want our customers to experience.

I've forwarded this issue to the appropriate department in the company. Each report they receive is investigated and the appropriate action is taken. We take this kind of information very seriously as it is valuable to us so that we can make sure this doesn't happen again.

Given the situation, I'm not sure how you'd like me to proceed, so I'd like to offer the following options for you:

1. If you're interested in keeping the item, I'd like to offer you a partial refund of $6.79 which is 40% off the item price or;

2. If you want we can replace the entire item with upgraded One Day Shipping at no additional cost or;

3. If you want you can return the item for free and get a full refund.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:"



I responded that I thought $6.75 was too much of a refund just for the hanging wire and that I didn't want to return the item and thanked them.

An hour later, I got this message from them:

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know that you want to keep this item for a refund.

In this case, there's no need to return the item for us to issue a refund. You're welcome to keep, donate or dispose of it--whichever option is most appropriate and convenient for you.

I've requested a refund for $24.74, which includes the cost of the item and any shipping costs. You'll see the refund within the next 2-3 business days. Once processed, you'll also be able to see the refund here"

So, I got the entire price of the frame plus shipping credited back to my Debit card.  WOW--
=================================================

: Now all I had to do was figure out how to get those clips off the frame so I could get the backing off.


Got the letter opener.  Stuck the tip at the outer edge of the spring clip, nearest the backing, pushed down on the clip as hard as I could and pressed the tip of the letter opener against the frame and push/slid it out.


I had to stop every second clip to rest my thumbs, but I "got 'er done"!






I am very happy with my little vignette.







9 comments:

  1. You figured out the correct way to do it only I use a screwdriver instead of a letter opener. You just have to be careful not to push so hard you break the glass or have the clip go flying off and hit your eye. I've put together literally dozens of those kinds of frames. I can't believe Amazon! Nice print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your vignette! Now come on over here and visit ... IN PERSON

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it also. Such a beautiful photo; so glad you got it.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture.

    Amazon has the best business model for shipping/customer service on the internet. Pretty amazing you got a full refund though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I watched the Michigan and Maryland play Saturday, and thought of you wondering if you were watching also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard great customer service from Amazon. I am a prime member and with living in the country I shop and stock up on some of their items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful... and worth all the fiddling! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice and worth the struggle if it makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice and worth the struggle if it makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete