title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, March 16, 2015

Mundane Monday

Today, I am so grateful for mostly sunny and 68 degrees.
=====================================


Sally, yes I watched the game between Michigan STATE and Maryland--exciting.  As was the title game on Sunday,, but we lost to Wisconsin in Over Time, which is okay because I also like Wisconsin and we weren't even supposed to come close to beating them..

Now--I have to give you a gentle lesson--when speaking of Michigan State you do not call them just "Michigan".  Michigan is that other university south-east of here that we Michigan State fans hate. :-)  Kind of like the difference between Florida State and Florida.  Got it?
============================
Marla & Judi--Wish I had purchased a few shares of Amazon stock  when it first went public.  By the amount of things I purchase from them, and the huge stock increase, we'd both be rich!!!!!
==========================
Jean & J.B.--I thought of using a screwdriver, but the letter opener was nearby--and yes, one of the clips flew off and just missed my forehead--I had my glasses on.  J.B.--it is part of the beach cottage thing I have tried to incorporate in this Michigan wee home.  I have quite a bit of bead board also, and painted furniture and a couple of oil paintings from the Outer Banks of NC.
=====================
Jan--thanks.  I wish now it was twice the size. :-)
=====================










Laundry today and a bit of clean up.  It is not advisable to walk out on the lawn and back to look in the shed in only your slip-on low moccasins.  The ground may be free of snow, but very, very soggy.

Dar came over for a half-hour at 4:00--she left at 6:00.  As usual, it was all about her.  I asked her to look at my new picture, she glanced that way, but did not comment.  She keeps telling me how alike we are.  Lordy--Lordy, I sure hope not!!!

And the highlight of my day:

Skippy Chippy came out of hibernation to start the clean-up under the bird feeders.



Isn't he precious?


7 comments:

  1. I get it! LOL

    You have a lovely home, Judy; I love how you've decorated. The paintings are beautiful, and you already know how I feel about the beach picture you bought! :)

    Dar?
    I have no words. She just reminds me so much of my former neighbor; she's a wonderful person, and was very kind to me. But, when she visited it never lasted
    less than 2 hours, and most of the conversations were about "health"; depressing to say the least. I shouldn't speak of her that way, honestly. I'm bad, bad. :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I'm away for a few days and I miss so much! Skippy Chippy is adorable. You have bare ground? 68 degrees? My God, is the sky still blue? Maybe it turned green while I was gone?

    Dar is the only constant. Thank goodness for Dar LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chipmunks as long as they stay outside.

    I love the furniture in photos two and three. I can't believe your bathroom as large as it is! Nice. Someday I should show you a photo of my seashells. I love them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your seascapes, Judy, and especially the deal you got on the frame on the previous post. The matting and frame are perfect with it.

    Chipmunks are so cute. Remember Chip and Dale? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Chipmunks, they are so much fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you've decorated! I really love your bedroom furniture, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear that you are finally free of the snow. It has seemed like a very long winter. Jx

    ReplyDelete