title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Mid-Month

Today, I am grateful that March is half over.
============================

Sunday--March 15th--Beware the Ides of March.  The 45th anniversary of my Mother's death, at age 53.

Monday--March 16th--the 77th anniversary of my parents wedding day.

Today--March 17th, and all I can say is:

=============================
A mid-afternoon snack.  Delicious!!


At 4:00, Pearl called me and wanted to know if I wanted to come up for supper with them at 5:30.  "SURE!" and up I walked.

She had put the corned beef into the Crock-Pot at 2:00 and set the timer to cook 6 hours.  She wondered why 3 1/2 hours later, it was still tough and raw.  I didn't want to tell her that she didn't understand her Crock-Pot, so we had delicious cooked cabbage, potatoes, carrots and Italian bread sticks with garlic butter.  Corned Beef perhaps tomorrow?

I love her!

7 comments:

  1. Can't you cook corn beef in a crock pot? I know 3 1/2 isn't long enough but six hours should do it, shouldn't it? I had that exact dinner today but the corn beef was tough....tasty but tough. But it made me want some more that was cooked better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never liked corned beef, tough or not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you love her, and that's what counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahaha. Glad you can laugh and go on! And the best thing about today - it's almost time for NCAA games!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww. Pearl meant well, and I bet you still had a lot of laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that we're so close to Easter.... Jx

    ReplyDelete