title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, December 5, 2013

This 'N That

Today's high temperature was: 56 degrees
Grey and misty
Cold front coming through tomorrow.
=============================
Yes--the cover on my book is an adaptation of my nephew Matthew--who I dedicated the book to.  Susan's youngest son who died of Leukemia just a month shy of his high school graduation.   I asked the illustrator to put MSU on Matt's baseball cap because he had been accepted there.  The illustrator said he would, if he could put HSU on Matt's friend's cap because he had gone to Hobart.
============================================

So strange--the weather that is.  Such huge amounts of snow fall and cold temperatures--where they don't belong, while we were warm and dry with still nice green lawns.  I swear, if this climate change keeps up, we are going to growing oranges and Florida will have ski resorts!!!
===========================
I haven't written a thing in two whole days--busy, busy.

I designed and printed my Christmas cards all day Tuesday--and I mean--ALL DAY!!!  Got them in envelopes and all set to mail--first of next week.  I usually buy the religious themed Christmas stamps, but this year, the ones with the Gingerbread houses were so cute, I could not resist!

Tuesday, I also finished the last batch of spaghetti sauce for the "boys" Christmas gift.  

Wednesday, I visited the Chiropractor and took his reception the baby afghan I had crocheted for her.  She just loved it--even got tears in her eyes, and she is usually a kind of cold person.  I also gave my massage therapist a tip--I think the massage helps me more then the Chiropractor, and I gave him a copy of my book for his two young boys to enjoy.  Just out spreading holiday cheer where I can, LOL.

Then, I stopped at the Rich People's store to get some cake and a couple of salads and some medium size croissants.  I use them for my noon sandwich.  If I keep bread around, I have to keep it in the freezer and it eventually gets dry and nasty.  These croissants I keep frozen too, but a quick warm-up in the nuke machine and they are nice and soft and just the right size.

Got a scary call from Karen.  On her way to school, Madeleine had been in a horrific car accident.  It seems someone cut in front of her on the expressway, clipped her driver's side front, which caused her to do a 180 degree spin, with the car facing the wrong way and then it rolled twice into the median.  It is a miracle that she wasn't hit by oncoming traffic.  She said she had just got done saying her prayers and finished up with the Hail Mary, when she got hit.  She told Karen, "I wasn't even scared because I could feel God with me all the time."  I think she got scared afterwards when she realized she could have easily been killed.  I shook for about an hour after the phone call, but, amazingly, she is just fine and will dance one of the starring roles in the production of the Nutcracker this weekend.
============================
We had a weird thing happen in church on Sunday.  The first time I have gone in two months.  The preacher had just finished his pastoral prayer, mentioning thanks that Doug was back in church after a two week absence--he had a heart problem..and the preacher went on to thank God for EMS and firemen who come to our rescue.  We said the Lord's Prayer and stood up to sing, and I saw this strange look come over the preacher's face.  Apparently, a few rows behind me, Doug had fainted.  I could hear an usher, out in the back, calling 911 and saying "heart attack."  I did not turn around to look!  Doug was sitting two rows in front of Merle and Pearl so they saw it all.

Then, the preacher said, "Folks, let us go into silent prayer."  and we did, as we heard the ambulance come, and they took Doug out--for about 15 minutes, we sat heads bowed and prayed like crazy!

I don't remember much of the sermon--I don't think anyone did.  We got word just after the sermon that Doug was fine--it was no heart attack, but an AFIB attack.

Everyone was quite shocked and worried.  I told Pearl later, "What better place to have a heart attack or die.  In church, where 150 people instantly, all at the same time, start praying for you?"

Pearl said, "I'll bet that's what saved him.  God saw and heard all those prayers coming up--for just one person--and He said, "I have to take care of Doug so these people will see my miracle.""





4 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy!

    My husband had an AFib condition, too, which probably caused his stroke. They can be scary to see in action and can kill when they aren't treated and tracked on a regular basis. I hope Pearl's husband is taking his seriously. What a quick thinking preacher you have. He handled that situation well.

    Glad to see you back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - that's a lot of shocks! I'm glad to read that everyone is OK. Years ago I was singing in a rehearsal of the Faure Requiem in Worcester cathedral when one of the attendants dropped down dead. It was a great shock to us all but - on reflection - I can think of worse ways to go.
    I guessed that there was a story behind the front cover of your book!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had a lot going on. I'm so glad that Madeleine is fine and Doug.

    We are expecting ice storms this weekend. I hope we don't lose power.

    ReplyDelete