title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, December 13, 2013

OH MY GOSH!!!

Today's high temperature was: 29 degrees
Partly sunny
======================================

It's been an OHMYGOSH kind of day.

I woke up kind of early and checked the outside temperature and it was 21 degrees!!  OHMYGOSH--it has been 9 degrees every morning this week.

Then I opened up my e-mails and got this weather alert:


! Winter Weather Advisory !
Issued at: 4:16 am EST on December 13, 2013, expires at: 12:00 AM EST on 
December 15, 2013

...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 9 PM this evening to
midnight EST Saturday night...
The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a
Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow...which is in
effect from 9 PM this evening to midnight EST Saturday night.
Hazardous weather...
 * snowfall will increase in coverage and intensity tonight
   and continue into Saturday evening.
 * East winds will increase to around 20 mph late tonight and
  continue on Saturday...causing wind chills to fall into the
  single digits above zero.
 * 4 to 6 inches of snow is expected by Saturday evening.


OHMYGOSH--no wonder it is warmer--it has to warm up a bit to get that kind of snow!  That means a trip to the store because I am almost out of milk and food and the cats are completely out of food!!  

I can't wait fir the snow!!!  I have no where to go and tomorrow is filled with basketball games on TV, so I will sit inside and watch the snow drift down and pile up.  Maybe someone will come and offer to shovel my driveway?  It's cool!
==============================
I went to Madeleine's "holiday" concert last night--after dark, but I made it okay.  I got there 45 minutes early so I could get a parking space near the entrance to the auditorium--sat in my warm car for half an hour and then went and found my favorite seat still unfilled.  In fact, there were three in a row so I could save two for Karen and Mark.  There were four different musical "bands" or orchestra's.  Maddie plays in the last symphony--the top classed one.  

Of course, the three boys in that group, that I adore, were also playing.  I didn't get to stop in at the band room afterwards to see everyone, but I know Maddie saw me when she exited the stage.  Then, OHMYGOSH--this morning I got the loveliest message on face book from Matt--he is the drum major for the marching band and also plays trombone in the orchestra.  I adore this young man!  He is one of the finest young men I have ever met.




Here he is with Maddie--I wish these two would get together!!

So anyway--I got this Face Book message from him that said, "Grandma, I saw you in the audience.  I was looking for you afterwards.  I wanted to give you a hug.  I know you come to hear Maddie play, but I also know that you are there for me too and you can't imagine how much that means to me.  Thank you for your encouraging words to me--you are so special.  I love you.  Merry Christmas."

Cried?  Well of course I cried.  I found out a week ago that his parents are divorcing!  It breaks my heart.  They are so active in their church, you would never think that sort of family disaster would happen to those kinds of people.   He is going to Michigan State next year and will be auditioning to be one of the marching band drum majors--and I just bet he makes it!!!  
=======================
As I was walking out of the auditorium last night, I heard someone yell, "Grandma Judy", turned around and there was Maddie's best friend Susanna.  

After the Nutcracker last Sunday, I had given her an ornament.  It is a laser cut circle and you can have it show any character from the Nutcracker Ballet.  I gave her the Snow Queen one and had it engraved, "Snow Queen--2013".  She came running up and grabbed me and hugged me so tight!  "Thank you Grandma!  It means so much for me to look out and see you sitting in the audience when I dance.  It makes me dance better!"  

OHMYGOSH--I left the building feeling so warm that I didn't even notice the cold, as I walked to my car!
============================
So--back to today.....I ran up to Wal-Mart to get some provisions.  We have 4-7 inches of snow coming in tonight and all day tomorrow and the furry kids were completely out of food and more importantly, so was I!

When I got back home, I picked up my mail and in with the Christmas Cards was a check for two of my children's books--from someone who reads this blog, but never leaves a comment, that I know of--thank you Judy!!!  I will send them out next week.  I so appreciate it!!

Then I came up on the porch and opened my storm door and there was a cardboard envelope.  I have ordered Madeleine a small engraved laser cut tree ornament that shows the Dew Drop Fairy, the role she danced in the Nutcracker.  I thought that was in the cardboard envelope.  

I toted my groceries inside, filled up my bird feeders, put away my groceries and sat down to open the envelope.

OHMYGOSH--inside was a Christmas card AND three gift  cards for the Rich Peoples grocery store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They were sent to me by a lovely woman from Indiana.  They don't even have VG's in Indiana.  How did she figure out how to get gift cards?

One of my recent resolutions was to only get groceries at Wal-Mart.  That is the only place I can afford--even though I hate the store here.  And just look, an angel dropped gift cards into my life so I can at least go to VG's and get their delicious deli salads and prepared salads, their wonderful fresh fruits and their wonderful yellow loaf cake with the inch of icing!!!!!  My treats that I so enjoy!!  Melissa my Angel!!!  If I ever win a PCH money prize I am sharing it with you!!!!!
==========================
So--I have been touched by ANGELS--real angels!!!  I even got a hug from the Red Kettle bell ringer.  The same woman who is outside Wal-Mart every single day!  I always stop on the way out and put a dollar in the bucket and today we had a wonderful conversation.  She asked for God's blessing on me--I consider that an Angel wish!!

On the way to my car, there was an old (older then me) lady trying to load groceries into her trunk, so I stopped and asked if I could help her.  She wanted to give me a five dollar tip.  Can you imagine?  I told her to drop it into the Red Kettle the next time she went in the store.
====================
I had these visitors today:


I know some people don't like Blue Jays'
but I think they are beautiful


As long as the Goldfinch and the Cardinal don't see each other
they should both be able to get lunch in peace

Doesn't everyone love Chick A Dees? 


The first House Finch I have seen in quite awhile 


Hard to see--a Ladderback Woodpecker


Love the Nuthatch 


and Maggie waiting for the Bird Revue to start.
I filled up my big silo feeder. 

OHMYGOSH--it has been a wondrous day!!!

Thank you, God.  Thank you Angels.







8 comments:

  1. Angels are all around us...more so at this time of the year. I am glad there are so many in your life.

    We are supposed to get anywhere from 6 to 8 or 9 inches of snow and then all the yucky stuff behind it. That's OK, we are ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I got such a warm feeling reading your happy post. Have a cozy weekend.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and heartwarming time you've had recently! I'm so happy for you. Keep those good feelings in your heart for as long as possible because they are ever so much more important than the negatives you've dealt with in the recent past. You are loved and appreciated by some pretty special young people!

    I canceled my plans today because of the snow on the other side of the state from where you are. So far the snow isn't as bad as predicted but it's still early in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Touched by angels because you are an angel, yourself.
    So happy for you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiring post, Judy. I teared up a couple of times. How good it is to hear about such great young people. Love your bird pics and laughed at Maggie watching the bird feeder. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a wonderful day. Love how the kids reached out to you. You are such a blessing.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete