title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I Don't Know....just a day in the life of Moi

Today's high temperature was: 79 degree
Today's humidity was: 69%
Hard storm at 10:30 am, then sunny and breezy
======================================

OHMYGOSH--for the first time ever, I sold something on E-Bay.  I am so nervous about it.  I had the 12 books in the Debbie Macomber "Cedar Cove" series.  I thought that perhaps, because everyone I know around here has read them and I wanted to unload them AND the series is now on as a Hallmark Channel, they might sell.  I boxed them, took a couple pictures, and put them on E-Bay.  Starting bid at $10:00.

For some unknown reason, three people got in a bidding war and I ended up selling them for $43.00!!!!!  The USPS driver picked them up this morning and they are on their way to Illinois!!  I hope the person likes them.  YIKES!!!

Hey Pat---looked what was delivered today!!!  Thanks for letting me know--I love it!!!


I think it would make a great system to raise herbs in.

Since I don't cook, I don't use herbs.  Even if I did cook, I still wouldn't use herbs, LOL.  I am thinking succulents.  Hens and chickens in top, then others in each chamber.  The neat thing, if you water it from the top, the over fill goes into the next layer and then the next.  Cool Beans!!!!!
===================================
My white bird came back today and, a baby cardinal ended up on his test flight in my Rose of Sharon bush and I watched as the parent kept bringing him food.

You need to click on the pictures to get a good view--I do not have a very good camera.


"Daddy!  How did I get here?"

"Open wide!"



"I take nap now."


"ChipChipChip.  ChipChipChip.  Hungry Daddy!"

========================================
The neatest, dramatic thing happened today.  Maggie The Cat allowed me to brush her without biting me.  It is a true miracle.  She had terrible fur mats on her lower back.  

Pearl tried to tell me that Maggie had "lumps under her skin!  You need to take her to the vet and get her biopsied!"

I assured Pearl that they were fur mats, but she didn't believe me.

Monday night, Maggie was snoozing on the chair beside me and I reached down and petted her--very rhythmically and hypnotically.  Then, I carefully pulled up a mat and cut if off with my scissors.  She kind of roused up, but with my petting, went back to sleep and I cut off another one.  I got three of the worse ones.  

Yesterday, she was on my lap and I got the brush to brush her.  She tried to get away and I thought I was going to have to hold her head down under my knee, but she stopped fighting and I brushed FIVE brushfuls of so much fur!!  Today, she let me again.  Buddy love to be brushed, when he heard me pull out the brush he wanted up--so when Maggie finally had enough, he jumped up and I got three brushfuls out of him.  My Gosh--they need to be brushed everyday, I guess.  Of course, Maggie likes to keep moving and walks back and forth over my lap and chair--Buddy just stands there, and lets me brush him--in fact, when I am done, he wants more.:-)
=========================================

Another guessing game?
How old do you think I was in this picture?







4 comments:

  1. Now you know why I'm hooking on selling on eBay.

    Last year I was lusting after one of those planters. By the time I got around to ordering one they were sold out. Love those stacking pots!

    I can't guess your age in the photo because I can't figure out if you're the one standing on the left or the one sitting in the middle. Maybe your mother sitting? If so, I'd guess the standing girl to be around twenty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at the picture
    I think this was years ago
    because of children's clothes
    But I have to say you do not
    look any older today
    from latest pictures.
    If I am right
    you are doing good....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Ms. Woodhaven - the clothes say 1990s, but you, my dear look just like today - but I know you're older than you seem. I'm guessing 50 in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you selling on EBay! I've read all of those books and just love her writing!

    That's a great photo, but I can't guess the age. You always look SO good!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete