title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, August 16, 2013

Goofy

Today's high temperature was: 73 degrees
Today's humidity was: 24%
Another perfect sunny, breezy day
==========================================

Jeanette, I remember you telling how you used to camp out and enjoy Myer's Lake when you were a kid.  Glad I could take you back to those memories!.

Remember last week I told you of how the garbage guy dropped kicked my plastic garbage can around and I went out and confronted him?  Well, yesterday morning, I heard the truck coming, so I scooted in here and kind of hid behind the opaque curtains I have and watched.  He was oh, so careful.  Dumped the contents and placed the can, carefully, upside down on the edge of the driveway.  Then, as he hopped on the back of the truck, the driver gave him the thumbs-up sign.

So--just to tease a bit more--I hurriedly got dressed and listened for them to go around the block and drive by on their way out.  I heard them coming down the side street and walked out to pick up the can.  As they drove by, the young one looked my way and I gave him the thumbs-up sign and yelled THANK YOU and smiled a big smile.  The kid waved, but the driver never even sneaked a look in my direction.  I can just hear their conversation now:

"Crazy old bitch!"

He will never know when I am watching, so I expect my garbage can will be carefully taken care of and I won't have to buy a new one for awhile.  Pearl got a new one in June--with wheels and an attached lid.  The lid is already broken off as is one of the wheels.  I told her to hustle out there and yell at them!!!

She said, "You know I can barely walk.  How do you expect me to hustle?"
============================
So today--my head has been so goofy.  At various times of the day--many times, I thought it was Saturday. I woke up kind of groggy and weird in the head--which is not unusual, but seemed more so today.

I found out something today--I cannot move the refrigerator out from the cubby it is in.  I just am not strong enough to wiggle it back and forth to get it out.  I had to use a really narrow brush that I use to clean (deep) in the dryer lint trap to try and get the dust/cat hair out from under it.

I found out something else today.  I now know where Maggie The Cat hides her mousie toys.  One under the washer, one under the dryer, one under the stove, and two under the chest of drawers that I use as a pantry in the kitchen.

I still am missing one--who knows where it might be?  I put them all in her toy basket and she already has one back under this piece of furniture.

After I got those chores done, I spent about two hours making calls and going through my end of life papers--life insurance policy, accounts at the bank, funeral plan revises.  I am making Pammie my beneficiary  on the life insurance, the bank accounts and executrix of my estate (note: estate is an operative word here.  I do not have an estate, LOL.)  I have been filling out and sending in new beneficiary forms.  Called the bank to see if I should put her on my accounts as POD (payable on death) or as joint so she can write out checks for me--POA.

I remembered that if I am in Hospice and in a coma, she might have to write out a check from my account to pay for the final BIG dose of morphine to send me on my journey.

I talked it over with Karen and my sister.  Jennifer used to have that position, because she is an attorney, but-----now that it has been four months since she has had or allowed any contact with me and the grand kids or her--I am over all that.  Pammie is my eldest daughter (My son Mark wouldn't know what to do any of what will be needed doing), and besides that--Pammie needs any money she can get.

So I am in the process of writing out the instructions for her on what to do and how to go about it.  The life insurance of course will pay for the funeral--if there is any cents left over, she gets them.  She will get all the money that is in my bank accounts--which, if I live more then six months, will be a pittance.  I can only hope I die after the 3rd of the month, but before any bills are paid so my SS will be in there.

The car and house will be sold and she will split that with her siblings--4 way split.    

I've got my cemetery spot and my marker, so--that won't have to be paid for.  I told her (in the instructions) not to have a fancy funeral--not to let emotions play any role when it comes to the casket and other "equipment" needed.  I have seen too many people get all involved in the "we have to have the best casket for Dad," or "we have to have the biggest floral casket spray for Mom"--ridiculous!!!  That casket is going into a cement vault never to be seen again--so--a pine one would be just fine with me.  I only need it until the Son comes from the east and the trump sounds and then, I am outta there!!!

Now--after I get everything set, I just need to tell Pammie, LOL. I think she will think it is cool, actually.  Karen said, "Mom, I don't expect to get anything from you or Dad, so, let Pammie handle it and keep whatever money is left over."  Not much money, but I have lots of "things" that may be valuable to leave my sister, the kids and grand kids, so.....................just tidying my life--in case.  We never know!
==================================

Pearl came down and we got into an argument discussion about animals and if they are capable of reasoning and thought processes.  of course, she thinks they are.  She went on and on about how her cat was lying on the floor this morning and all of a sudden, he sat up, turned his head from side-to-side, like he was thinking of something, and then walked off into the bedroom and got up on the window sill.  "I just know he was thinking of his next move."

I just sat there and didn't say a word and she finally said, "Don't you think animals can think and reason things out?"

I shook my head.

"What?  I know they can and I am not going to even talk about it!  Why do you think he sat like that, like he was thinking, and then walked into the bedroom and jumped up on the sill?"

"Because he does that every morning.  Doesn't he?"

"Well...yes...BUT today, I could tell, he was thinking about what to do next!"

Okay

I am not going to get into animal instinct, and habit and what they've been taught with her because...if she thinks her cat can reason and go through choices of right and wrong and whatever---let her think that--it makes her feel good.  I will never get into the discussion of whether animals go to Heaven--no, no, no. My idea on that would probably send her into a stroke!  and if you feel that they do--that is quite all right--it all goes back to--who really knows and we won't find out until we get there, but seriously--animals don't have a "soul", they cannot reason good or bad, they can't make the choice of whether to believe, so---I think there are animals in Heaven--I just don't think my own Muffy is there.  Muffy went over The Rainbow Bridge--end of story!  (Hope I haven't offended anyone.)
==============================

The Detroit Tigers had a double-header today--lost them both to Kansas City Royals!  I watched and cross stitched and started a crochet project.  Just what I need--another project, but then of course, I have that nice big box with all things inside and no project messes setting out.  BIG SMILE!!

Then, I sat down tonight and paid the rest of this months bills. Hope I don't die tonight--Pammie will get nothing, LOL.

I recently heard someone comment, "Where has summer gone!"  I thought to myself, no one ever says, "where has winter gone", instead they say, "where is spring!"  and yet, now, no one is saying "where is fall and winter!"  Ah yes, the few precious months of summer we have, seem very, very short!!!

Later--Jude





5 comments:

  1. a lot of thoughts
    on what you shared.
    some I have done and may redo.
    a bad night
    on high antibiotic for bladder infection
    will
    write again
    we think a lot
    alike but you are more verbal about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness my mom prepaid all the funeral expenses for me. Such a relief for me to know my daughter will only have to pay the minister and flowers, if she so chooses.

    I made her my POA a long time ago, and she's on my bank accounts as well. Of course, she knows that if I pass after my SS has been deposited; she'll need to return. I have a pension that if I die within the next four years, she'll receive because it has a ten year guarantee for my beneficiary. I hate thinking about all that, but like you I understand the need to get it done. She also knows that POA is good only while I'm alive. I don't have anything written down about life support, but she knows what I would want.

    Gosh, Judy! I probably said too much; didn't mean to write a book!
    Love ya!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about animals in terms of whether they plan out their next moves or not, but I know for a fact that they KNOW what should happen next. My dogs know if they go out, they get a small treat when they come in, they sit and wait for it. Bella often runs over to where the leashes are hanging and let's me know that she'd like a walk. These are routine things they've learned, but I don't know if they can use reason or not.

    I like to believe that, like babies, all dogs go to heaven. If it's in the movies, it must be true, right? LOL

    I think it's so great that you have your end of life plans all laid out for your children, and have your plot and marker paid for and in place. It's such a stressful time, it helps to have it all taken care of. My dad had picked out and paid for everything, even told me what he wanted to be buried in. It was nice not to have to make any of those arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rich and I had all that estate planning done a few years ago but we haven't done anything about a funeral. I personally prefer to be cremated but I told my kids I will leave that up to them because I won't be there so we won't care! I only said to not spend a lot of money, it's ok with me to go as cheap as possible! And yes, I was tickled pink to see Myers Lake in your post! Brought back a ton of memories for me! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm, for one, am ready for fall. It is my favorite time of year, but I must say summer did fly by. The entire year of 2013 flew by. It will be Christmas before we can blink. Someone told me they saw Christmas stuff in a store the other day. That's retail for you. They want us thinking about spending as soon as possible.

    Love the "little mice" pic. Hilarious.

    It's good to get prepared for your "leaving." I think it's one of the best gifts you can give your kids.

    ReplyDelete