title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Bad Day--Turned Out Good

Today's high temperature was:  74 degrees
Today's humidity was:  36%
Sunny, breezy, cool.
Glorious day!!!
=======================================

I woke up around 9:00 feeling very sad.  I don't know why--just thinking about Freddy.  Then--I watched this on You Tube.  I thought it ironic that this song and lyrics could be chosen as a wedding song or...a song for someone who has lost a child, a husband, a mother--any loved one.  Which ever setting it would be used in, would work.  It made me cry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ktiaNTJ2Q
Stupid to listen to this when in a sad mood!!!
====================================
Then I sat down and read my daily devotional--made me feel better.  It's like Jesus is talking to you.

I was going to take it easy today, because my hip hurt so much last night, I was barely able to walk. I was tired and sore and grumpy and.....so I would do only what was necessary!



I needed to fill up my pill boxes.
Of course, they are in order by color.  Only God knows what would happen
if I took pills from the clear box one day and from a blue box
the next.  No--No.(Can anyone say OCD?)
The file case I keep all my meds and supplements in.

All filled

Back in their box--12 days worth.  Done.

Then the mail lady came and brought a box up to my door.  This was inside--a little buy from E-Bay and cute, I think.  Maybe from New England?  It must have been a box of salted cod, because these instructions are printed on the side.
I love the little handle--there is a track, so it must have had a wooden top that slide in.
I remember my Mother getting cod in a small wooden box, but it had no handle.


"To prepare for cooking--freshen the fish as follows:

Wash fish for 15 minutes in cooled water.
Place fish in pan and cover with water.
Heat slowly to a boil and pour off water.
Repeat this last process until fish is no 
longer salty to taste.".


I have no idea what they are doing--between my desk and the front window
Buddy has his head under the curtain
Crazy Cats!!!

This limb was dead--I had tried to pull it down, but couldn't.
I put the hummingbird feeder and some small sun catchers on it.
When I looked up from the cats--I saw it bent over.

I went out and pulled the branch off the tree...
So I took down the wind chimes...

Put the hummer feeder there....

and the wind chimes on the other end of porch

This bothered me every time I looked out the window.....


Or out the front door.............I was going to wait until Monday, but.....................



Got the hedge trimmers and took care of the Weigela


and the forsythia bush

I wonder if my neighbor would mind if I trimmed his Forsythia?
It annoys me!!!

The big Maple tree needs the many new branches trimmed away--
but, I cannot climb a ladder and get in that tree--


like Fred did five years ago---so--this project
is going to cost money!!!

Filled up the lawn waste bag with the clippings from the bushes
I think there is room to put some cut-back of the perennials.


Took all the tools back to the shed and picked these from
my weird garden.


Then I filled these


Came inside and did a little laundry

Sat down to watch a little golf--Tiger is doing well this weekend


Read some of this...

Did a little of this...

Just as I was about to get up and get supper, Pearl walked in and five minutes later, Dar.  We had to listen to what Dar had done today and then Pearl went to say something about her new carpet--because Dar asked--and Pearl got about six words out and Dar interrupted and said, "I have the worse mosquito bite on my arm!" and went into a long dissertation of how she is allergic to mosquitoes.  She is allergic to everything, by the way.

Then, she turned to Pearl and said, "Did you see my new car?"

Pearl--"Yes, it's beautiful!"

Dar--It gets forty miles to the gallon on the highway."

Pearl--"We have almost enough saved up to get another car.  Ours is seventeen years old and.....

Dar--"Judy, did I tell you, my father dyed his hair?"  horse laugh

I turned to Pearl, "You've had a great car!  What kind do you think you are going to look at?"

Pearl--"We wish they still made Saturn's.  Merle likes Ford's, but I'd rather get a Chev..........."

Dar--"He looks so funny!"  horse laugh

Pearl--"Look at the time.  It's almost seven and Judy hasn't eaten yet.  I'm going home.  Bye."

Dar---"Thank God--now I can have a cigarette!"

Me--"Well, if you will excuse me...I have to get something to eat." and I got up and walked over to the refrigerator.

Dar--"Oh, I gotta go too.  I want to watch that Debbie Macomber show tonight."

Me--"Yeah.  Me too.  See ya later."  and I didn't even walk her out!!!  Warmed up the rest of my Filet Mignon and baked potato--way good!!!  Ate most of the tomatoes I brought in from garden.

Something I noticed about Dar the last couple of months. Whenever she talks about her Dad, she laughs that horse laugh all the way through the telling.  She doesn't laugh like that when she talks about ANYONE else, except her Dad.  Some weird psychological thing going on there me thinks!

So--today, I didn't figure I would do anything, because of the hip and back pain, but I got a lot done, and now I can read a bit more and then go to bed.

Put your arm out in front of you--then put your hand under your arm--thumb in front, fingers in back.  Now squeeze thumb and fingers together.  The muscles in the back of my arr, under my fingers are killing me--as are the muscles in the front, under my thumb.

"It hurts...when I do this."  Doctor says, "Then quit doing it!"  Yeppers--hope all this is toning up my flabby arms--doubt it!!!

Later--Jude







3 comments:

  1. I love your little e-Bay purchase and those luscious looking tomatoes!! Glad your bad day turned good in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read that your day 'turned itself around'. I hope that Sunday is going well too! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad Dar is your neighbor, and not mine. I know, I'm bad. Forgive me Lord.

    You know, I just found out that some of Debbie Macomber's books have been made into movie. I bought her next to last one, and she talks about it. Good for her. I love her books. So down to earth, and not any of that cursing & other stuff, you know what I mean. The problem for me, I don't have the Hallmark channel. We're thinking when we move,we might be able to get cable.

    Judy, I know you have back and hip problems, but girl! You'd run circles around me. Hopefully sooner than later though, I'll be able to work outside.

    I'm glad your not so good turned for the better.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete