title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

OH MY GOSH!!!

The temperature today was:  76 degrees
The humidity today was:  36%
Sunny, nice breeze

Well--here it is eleven o'clock at night and Jude is still at her computer.  I found a "clue" in a family tree research I am doing for CHRISSY (love her so much) and I could not get away from the computer without tracking it down first.  Why?  

Because--if I turned off the computer, tomorrow morning I would not remember what/who I was looking for.  AND--I couldn't shut down the computer, because....I was curious.  LOL.  This research is so much like a mystery and hunting for the clues.  Seeing where the oldest came from, when they immigrated here--all of it.  Finding people from the 1600 hundreds that I know the youngest never heard of.

This morning, I got up way too late, and swallowed a piece of cheese and ran up to Pearl's.  I gave her the album and spent 90 minutes explaining to her all of it--how to read the sheets.  Of course, along the way (and I was in a hurry to get home), this involved remembrances and stories of Uncle Henry's, wife's cousin's, brother-in-law (I DO NOT CARE--all I am interested in is your direct ancestor) and so--it took awhile.

She did not seemed impressed at all!!  She may have been stunned, because all the information seemed to confuse her.  Although, Pearl rarely gets excited about anything--except "Grey's Anatomy".  

I got home around noon, got a small sandwich--FINALLY made the bed, took a shower and cleaned out the litter box and got to watch my soap.  Then, had to get to the dentist's office!

Well--I tell you--OH MY GOSH--what an experience I had there!!!  

I don't really care for the dentist's office, but I go every four months to get my teeth cleaned--to find any trouble early before it hurts and/or costs a million dollars.  I mail thirty dollars to my dentist every month--thereby building up a credit so when I do go in, or if there is an emergency--it won't totally wipe out my budget for the month!

Today--I had to have a full set of x-rays.  It's been eight years--suppose to get that done every five years.  Then, the hygienist asked me if I were ready to try the Cavitron style of cleaning.  Last time I had told her, "No"--that I would get that style done in June.  Well, guess what--it is June.  So, I reluctantly said, "Okay.  But it if hurts or I start to feel like I am drowning..I will put my hand up and you will go back to the regular scaling process.  Right?"  (I sound like Dar!)

She agreed.  

Now, I had one of these done about 25 years ago when I went to a Periodontist for a deep cleaning.  I hated it.  It hurt like heck when the ultra sonic waves hit my teeth and the water sprayed everywhere and I was soaked when it was over, so.......

Well Folks, there have been some improvements in dentistry in the last 25 years--believe me.

This was by far--the bestest experience I have ever had in a dentist chair!!!  It is an ultra sonic cleaning device with warm water.  The tip nowadays is very small.  With the scaling process, she uses a metal pick and digs at the calculus and tarter, between the teeth (if she can), under the gums until they bleed--but I always enjoyed having the backs of my bottom and front teeth scraped because--I just liked it.  

With this miracle of dentistry--she goes around each tooth--the ultra sonic waves and water, cleans off the calculus and tarter, gets between my tight teeth, cleans out the pockets (I have deep ones) and cleans up and around the gums.

There is NO PAIN!!!  There is no drowning sensation--like back in the olden days.  I held the little sucker device and when she was done with each tooth, I suctioned out my mouth.

It didn't take as long and she got off a large piece of calculus that showed up on the x-ray and had been there way longer then four months.

My teeth have never felt so clean.  My whole mouth feels so clean.  

She found a popcorn hull in one of the pockets between my teeth--I haven't eaten popcorn since Christmas time. That gum had been sore for a long time--I tried going up under the gum with a tooth pick, my fingernail, a plastic tooth digger thingie and got nothing.  Tonight, that gum doesn't hurt a bit!!

 She even found--are you ready for this?  A tiny grey cat hair between my eye tooth and the one next too it--probably because I kiss Buddy's head every day, when he snuggles with me.  We had a laugh about that!  

She started laughing, because every time she stopped I'd say, "I love this so much!!!"

Then the dentist came in, grabbed my tongue and looked around, checked things, studied the x-rays and I was good to go!!!  Cost me $250.00 this time, but I had a $280.00 credit, so I was good to go.

Then, I stopped at the Wal-Mart on the way home--boy that place is going downhill--fast!  It smelled so bad in the bottle return area I just about gagged!!!  I need a pair of white pants--I had three pair--when I tried them on this morning--they look like clown pants on me.  Wal-Mart had white ones--in women's sizes, or in my size, but they were boot cut--I like slim, tapered legs.  GEEZ.  

Got home and Merle was riding by on his bike.  He stopped and carried in the milk, water and Diet Pepsi jugs for me and then said, 

"That book you made for Pearl is great.  You found grandpas I didn't even know I had!"  Then he gave me a hug.  

Which is funny because I thought, Pearl would be the excited one and slow talking, easy going Merle wouldn't care a bit.  We just never know how people are going to react.

Okay kids--it is now near midnight and I STILL have to gather up and take the garbage out to the street.  Plus--I haven't played one Face Book game all day and so---I gotta do that or I won't be able to sleep, LOL.

See ya tomorrow!!!  First Day of Summer is Friday.  We will get near 15 hours of daylight on Friday.  It IS the longest day of the year.  

In ancient times, on that special day, there was a baby girl born in a farm house.  The first girl born to the family in three generations.  Her parents thought she would be a princess, lady-like in her appearance and attitude.  Instead, she turned out to be a coltish ragamuffin, always barefooted in the summer--always scabs on her knees--always climbing trees--always out in the barn with the animals or in the woods hunting for treasures.  

This year, she will return to the ancestral farm for her birthday--her 74TH birthday--EGAD!!!  

She has always wanted to go to Stonehenge and, at sunrise, dance with the druids, as they do on the Summer Solstice.  Alas and alack--she must be content to enjoy lunch with her sister (the real princess of the family) and her kids.  

Actually, she thinks that will be wonderful!!!




5 comments:

  1. I'm glad Merle liked the ancestry research you did. It's an amazing gift of your time and their history.

    Enjoy your birthday party. I hope this will be a healthy and happy year for you. You're due for a good year and I predict you will get it this year.

    Our days are so long now. We commented on it yesterday. It was still light outside when it was almost 9 o'clock.

    White pants. Nice. Are you wearing a polkadot halter top with those? :) You've certainly lost enough weight!!!

    Bella Rum

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing you did for Pearl and Merle, and I am sure Pearl is most appreciative and will enjoy going through all that research.
    I know what you mean about finding pants. So difficult.

    Have a beautiful day tomorrow with your sister....how lovely to be able to go back to the farm to celebrate.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Judy...Your posts are so entertaining. You certainly have a way with words...love the description ot your birth and the part about Stonehenge. I'll wait till Friday to wish you a happy birthday...Have a great day.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a very Happy Birthday tomorrow! It's nice that you get to spend it at your homestead with your Sister.

    I never wear white pants because they wouldn't be white long. I'd surely fall and grass stain the knees or spill something on them.

    Pearl is lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! I celebrate the fact that you share the birthday with our dear neighbor who passed away last thanksgiving time. He was in his late 80s and such a kind heart. I think it's something about that day!
    So glad you get to go with your sister. She's more fun than a bunch of old rocks anyway :-)
    May you have a lovely weather day.

    ReplyDelete