title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Worn Out!!

I am so tired!

I set my alarm for 7:45 this morning because my painter was coming at 9:00 and so was the guy to check out how much  I liked my new fridge.

For some reason, the alarm was set right, but the time on the clock was off by an hour.  

The alarm went off, I staggered out of bed--I mean I really staggered, kind of off balance.  Got the cats fed, grabbed my protein drink and headed in here.  I wondered why I was so tired and groggy.

Turn on my computer and noticed, the clock down in the right corner said, 6:55.  GOOD GRIEF!  No wonder I felt zombie-ized!  I need 9 hours of sleep to function and I had only gotten 6!!

I got dressed anyway and sure enough, eventually 9:00 arrived as did my two expected guys.

Aaron went to work finishing up the cutting-in around the hallway area and the fridge guy and I had a chat.

He was quite a bit taller than me and weighed about 320#, so I pointed out how low the vegetable bins were and asked him to pretend to open one.  Of course, he had to bend farther over than I would have to, but sure enough, when he raised up, he banged his head on the edge of the freezer door!!  

Point made.

Then I told him that the drop-off guys hadn't bothered to level it and, as long as this is a promotion to be more energy efficient and lower my electric bill, I knew it had to be level to function correctly.  So this enormous man got down on the floor and proceeded to screw the leg bolts until it felt level.

Of course, at the time, the fridge was pulled away from the wall so Aaron could paint behind it.

The Big Guy took a picture of it and left.  As I shoved the fridge back into place, it was rocking every time I opened or closed the door.  It is not level.  What a fiasco!!  I could do it myself, but if I got down on the floor, I wouldn't be able to get back up, soooooooooooooooooooooooo--waiting for a visit from my sister and her hubs Chuck and he can level it for me, and swap out the hinges/handles and put in my GFI plug!!!!
================
It took Aaron 3 hours today to put two coats of paint on all the walls.  He even painted the inside of the front and back doors!  It is finished!!!  He even started to cut up and take up part of the carpeting.  It was 3:00 by then and I told him to go home and start enjoying his weekend early!

 Both before pix


After pix



===============
I am almost done with the genealogy I have been working on.  I've had a lot of time to work on it the last two days, while Aaron was out in the other rooms painting.

I am so exhausted tonight, I am going to bed with no alarm set and just sleep until I wake up on my own.

We are expecting our first rain in 15 days.  I sure hope it doesn't miss us this time.

Tomorrow, I start to reassemble my house!

6 comments:

  1. So fresh and bright! I love it! Thanks for sharing.

    I suppose getting up TOOOOOO early is better than having two men wake you up? I, too, need 9 hours of sleep. I hope you sleep 12 hours in a row tonight!!

    How did you get done so quickly with that genealogy??? Seemed like you just started!

    And still you keep us up to date with blogging and Facebook. AWESOME! Nighty night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started part of it back on June 1st. I have about 50 hours into it and putting on the finishing touches. It was a fascinating genealogy to do.

      Delete
  2. It looks so bright and cheery. You deserve a good night sleep after all the activity going on at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as I said on FB, it looks really nice! Be careful putting everything back together.

    HUNTER is going to Iowa with her dad, and his other kids, and yes they are also going to Mt Rushmore. I need to stop blogging until I get my head screwed back on. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a busy woman. You'll love it when it's all back together, and you will surely sleep.

    ReplyDelete