title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A Mixture

Do we ever have a day in our life where everything just goes along all fine?

Well, yes.  Some day's are like that for me.  Thankfully more days are like that, then days of complications.

Today was not one of those days!

I got a call early this morning.  They are delivering my new FREE refrigerator next Friday!  YAY
I got a UPS delivery with my special printing paper I ordered from Staples on Sunday.  YAY.  Now I can get the book(s) finished for my client.
I got my mail and there was a letter from DHS (Welfare) that my food assistance has been too low at $15.00, so for the next 4 months they have raised it to $65.00 a month.  YAY.
I ran up to the print shop and got my pedigrees for the genealogy book all printed out.  YAY.

Then, I had lunch, watched my Soap and the day turned to crapola!
=======================
I got a registered letter from the Social Security Administration that stated, the DHS of Michigan will no longer pay my Medicare Part B, and they shouldn't have paid it last month, so on July 3rd, my SS benefit will be $735.00 instead of $978.00.  From August on, it will be $835.00 a month.  I can barely make it on $978.00 a month as it is, but was getting caught up on the Dentist and Chiropractor's bill, and got my car fixed and now?  

My expenses are $1,108.00 a month.  That doesn't include food!  Electrical bill went up.  Car insurance went up.  Comcast bill came down, food assistance went up.  Still, I am once again back to being short every month.

I got on the phone and called my case worker.  They NEVER answer the phone, so I left a very calm message asking if she knew why they were not going to pay my Medicare, as my income has not gone up and I have two new doctor bills to pay off.  

Then I decided today was a good day to drive on up to the Secretary of State's office to renew my driver's license and get my new tabs.  I checked on-line and it said "Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon, between 2:00-4:00.  I got there at 2:15.  The lady said it would be about an hour and forty-five minute wait.

I thought she was kidding because, although there were a lot of people waiting, there were 5 clerks working and the numbers seemed to going quite quickly.  Half an hour later, 4 of the 5 clerks took their break.  No one covered for them.  That meant, one person was working.  Their break lasted 30 minutes.  

The lady lied to me.  It didn't take an hour and forty-five minutes.  It took an hour and fifty-five minutes.  I had not taken a book with me.  I can hardly sit still for 2 hours, and I had to pee every 45 minutes.  So walking to and from the bathroom eased my back from sitting on the hard plastic chair for 2 hours.

Thankfully, here in Michigan, we only have to renew in person every 4 years.  Plus, they don't have us do the written test anymore--which I actually thought the funnest part of going there!!!

The painter, that I contacted on May 16th, who said he'd get back with me, didn't so I called him the other day.  He asked me to "refresh his memory."  Professional painter and he can't remember the appointments he has made?  He was supposed to call me back either yesterday or today to schedule my paint job.  I may just cancel him.  Lord knows, I will need that money I've saved up to live on the next few months!!!
=================
I am staying calm and positive.  I have no control over any of this.  I asked God to handle it for me.  I've been talking the talk, about not worrying or stressing about things, to Let Go and Let God.  Now I gotta walk the talk.



6 comments:

  1. oooooh my, all i can say is i knew your food stamps were too low. i'm glad they increased that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often compare life to playing a boardgame. You never know what will happen on the next roll of the dice.

    I knew Michigan's (R) legislature has been tightened welfare assistance but you'd think they've give you more notice before cutting your Medicare part B! I hope your case worker tells you it's a mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jean. I hope they tell you it's a mistake. It's hard not to worry about something like that.

    Yay about the new fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheesh! What a BIG scare ... even if I also agree it has GOT to be a mistake. There has to be a pro bono service specifically to help low low low income people over 70. An omsbudman with YOU as a client fighting for your Social Security and one to help with State welfare assistance. I'm MAD! This is just not right ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exhausting day. Terrible shortfall. Do the government expect you to manufacture money??? Ticked off about the painter with amnesia, too. Crap... Well... sending my love in any case, hoping you have a good night's sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I'm so sorry this has happened to you about SS! I don't understand it at ALL. I mean, the part b comes out of the SS automatically at least for me. Good golly. Glad your food assistance has gone up though; that should help somewhat. I'm praying that was a mistake on their part!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete