title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Tired. Blurry Eyed. Smiling. Happy. Giddy!

My painter had the day off his regular work, so he showed up at 9:30.  I was even dressed. :-)

It took him 5 hours to paint the trim around the walls and windows.  He is coming back tomorrow and expects to get the job all done!   Tee Hee.

The carpet measuring guy showed up at 10:00.  All he does is measure.  He turns his measurements into Lowe's then they call me to set up the order.  You used to go to the store, order carpet and have it delivered the next day!  Not so now.  Everything is computerized, which 30 years ago they told us would speed things up.  HAH

He and I had a discussion.  I told him I thought this house was made and then a single sheet of vinyl was laid out from front to back, then the walls put in and the carpet laid.  He told me that wasn't the case.  I thought it was true and wanted to rip up the carpet in my bathroom, expecting to find vinyl under it just like the kitchen flooring.

Then he asked me if I needed them to move any furniture--another cost they can put on the carpet installation.  I told him I hoped that big couch would be gone by then, because it has to be taken apart before it can be moved.

He asked how much I wanted for it, I said, "Nothing" and he said he wanted it for his newly married son, who just moved into a new home and all they have in their living room is two small chairs.  "It's exactly like the one my wife and I have in our basement, only ours is brown."

So--bada boom, bada bing--Aaron (my paint guy) and he pulled the back of the seats off and out it went.  YAY!!!








Now--I have a big empty space!!!  You should have seen what was under that couch.  First of all, Maggie the Cat that came running out once they started to move it, but also........a FULL vacuum cleaner canister of gray cat hair, brown cat hair, and even black dog hair left from Fred's dog that died 6 years ago!!!!!!!!!! 

Also a few small cat toys, Fred's old cigarette lighter (that I like to think fell out of his pocket the first time we made love on that couch.  I remember he couldn't find his lighter after that romp) and one Chocolate covered Peanut M&M!

Then Aaron asked me if Lowe's was going to charge me to cut up and remove the carpet, I assured him they were.  So, on my request, he cut out a small strip along the wall and guess what?  Vinyl flooring underneath it.  HAH!

And, he is now going to cut the carpet up, bundle it into three feet long rolls, tie it up and put it out for garbage pick-up!!!!!
================
I was busy working on my genealogy while Aaron did trim painting.  Then he broke for lunch and I grabbed my purse and traveled the 3 miles up to Art Van.  My Sales Person, Cassandra, met me at the door.

"How can I help you today?"

"Let's sit over there by your sales desk and talk."

I ordered the $1,000.00 couch and the $699.00 Lazy Boy recliner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh.  My.  Gosh!  I actually did it!  

She figured out the total bill and showed me the bill, I gulped and then she started putting in discounts.  They will pay my Sales Tax.  The couch is discounted--even though it is a special order to get it made with the same fabric as the chair.  The recliner then was discounted.  Then another discount because I am NOT using their credit card (?). Plus, two really nice pillows in a fabric she let me choose!

They will be the same size, and color as my pillow, but in geometric shapes. I'm geeked about that!

  

When she got done?  $500.00 in discounts!  

I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open. Literally.  I could feel tears gathering in the corners of my eyes.

Oh.  My.  Gosh!  I actually did it!

Because of the special order for the fabric, it will take 6-8 weeks to get it.  Do I care?  NO!!!  I rarely sit on my couch, and I will keep my old chair until the new one arrives!!!  Or maybe Pammie would want it because Fred's chair that she took has broken down on one corner!

For the next month or so, I can sit in my ratty, old chair and gaze over at that nice open space and the new carpet!!!
===========
The DTE man is coming tomorrow to interview me about how I feel about my free refrigerator--that I hate.  

John told me that he never knew anyone that could complain about something new they got free.  I said, "In the first place I didn't want or think I needed a new fridge.  I loved that nice big one I had.  In the second place, free is nice if it is correct.  I was promised the same size fridge as my old one and this is way smaller."

Being a nice Christian man, John did not say, "You'd bitch if you were hung with a new rope," but I'll bet he was thinking it!!!!!!!!!!!




8 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on new paint, new carpet, new furniture!! WHOO HOO!!! So exciting! Keep up with the photo progress. Can you email me your address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that couch and chair! Your room is going to look so nice. It's the same couch I'd pick if I was getting new.

    When the DTE guy comes you'd better have a good story for him, should he ask about where the money came from to paint and get new furniture. Maybe all gifts from your kids? I believe you're supposed to report inherited and earned money to the state when you are on those kinds of programs for the poor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The DTE guy wasn't actually from DTE--he was a contractor that works for them. The $$ I am using is actually from my sister AND my kids HAVE contributed, via $$ gifts for Christmas and my birthday. :-)

      Delete
  3. TMI on you and Fred doing the romp on that couch. hahahaha You really do crack me up!

    I am so very happy for you, Judy! God bless you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew someone would get a kick out of that "romp" statement. Actually, we NEVER did make love on that couch, but there was some heavy kissing and the like and he DID lose his lighter in the process. It was only our 3rd date, so no hokey-pokey kind of stuff going on then--just a little hanky-panky! TMI?

      Delete
    2. hahahaha
      So y'all waited for the 4th date?
      I'm a little loopy from meds, so don't
      pay much attention to me. :) xoxo

      Delete