title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

I'm A Nervous Wreck!!!!!!!!

Oh. My. Gosh.  I am soooooooo nervous!

The guys are coming tomorrow morning to measure for my carpet.



 It is so difficult to get a photo that shows the true colors.  The one on the left is a lot lighter than that, with a teeny hint of green.




The one in the middle has just a hint of blue 
 

The one on the right is darker and has more blue in it

I had made up my mind to go with the last one.  Then last night, after looking at the couch and chair I want to get, I changed my mind!  I am going with the middle one.  Even if I can't get my couch and chair for awhile, it will go with the couch and chair I have now.


A  I know for sure, I am so ready to get rid of the emerald green, worn to the jute, carpet that is in there!  I just hope I make the right color choice, because it is going to cost close to $800.00!

Do you know?  They charge $35.00 just to come out and measure!  Thankfully, that price does go toward the carpet installation, but......Geez!  

I was sitting on my couch last night and looking toward the kitchen and hallway and, oh my gosh!  Where that white square is was where my cuckoo clock has hung for 7 years.  I honestly had no idea how grungy my walls have become.  We live with something and we don't see the ugliness anymore, until we see the difference.



I'm doing a "no no".  Painting the ceiling and walls the same color.  I have never done something so rebellious in my life.  The ceiling always has to be white and the walls a different color or shade.  I wondered why and said, "To heck with that.  I want clean, crisp, bright white on everything!"  So it is spoken.  So it is done.  

I wish Arron would get back here and finish up!  The clutter is beginning to get to me.  But he has a "real" job everyday and he will get to me when he can.  I told him it was no problem.  (Why do I always do that?  I have a fear of inconveniencing people!)  Plus, I paid him for half the job.  Probably another mistake. I can be too nice at times, which always works to my detriment!!
=============
Now I, on the other hand, if someone pays me a bit in advance for my genealogy, I feel bound and determined to get hopping and get my research and information done as quickly and as accurately as possible.  I have at times stayed up until the wee hours to do that, also to my detriment, but....Hey!  I have a job to do and I don't want to make people wait on me.
===============
Oh. My. Gosh!  You know what?  As I sit here, I just know that I am going to get that new couch and chair.  I should take my carpet sample with me, go back to Art Van, check it with the couch/chair color and just order it!!!  

I have enough cash for half of it and I could put the rest on my charge card and then make a payment with the cash I have and then.........pay the rest over time?

I so question myself on everything nowadays.  Would that decision be an "okay" from God, or is the Devil prodding me to get into trouble?   Is it a sane idea?  Or am I having a "high" manic depressive moment?

I never used to have such decision problems.  When I had to have new carpet, I'd walk in the carpet store, look around and say, "I want that one..there.  When can you lay it?"  and be happy with my choice.  The same with picking out paint or furniture.  I always knew right away what I wanted, and was never disappointed.  

Now, everything scares me.  What if I don't like it?  I sure can't return it.  What if I don't like the color of the couch and chair fabric.  There is no sample to bring home and try.  It is a special order to get the couch in the same fabric and color as the chair.

That is why now---I wait days, nay--I wait months and go back and forth on these kinds of expensive decisions.  I have to make sure it is a "good" decision and I am not going off half-cocked just to make myself feel good.

I will have it for the rest of my days--however long that is and also with a mind on the resale value of this place after I'm dead.  I even wondered yesterday, if Pammie would like the couch and chair because she will probably get it when I'm dead.  

Maybe I should just take up the carpet and put down vinyl like I have in my kitchen?  Maybe I should just get a plain gray color carpet?  (I hate gray).  Maybe I should get a laminate floor put in instead.  (I hate wood floors).  Maybe--maybe I should just stay with what I have?

All I know for certain?  Blue and white are my favorite colors, with touches of jewel tone Burgundy here and there and oak furniture. 

Gosh.  Right now, I'm not even sure I should paint the walls that color white.  Should I have gone with an off white?

You know what?  I better run up to Art Van right now and check my carpet sample with the fabric color on that chair--just in case I get that chair!!!!!!

I'm so nervous!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are doing these things for yourself. You are the one who has to sit and look at everything, and why shouldn't you be surrounded by things that make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you decide will make you happy and that's all it really matters. I pray you'll have many years to enjoy your new surroundings, and when all is said and done, pictures please. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you get to do all that but good grief, girl! Get a grip! When it's all said and done you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl. Don't do anything you "hate." If you hate gray (like I hate brown), don't put it anywhere. Go with what you love. And just do it. Hear me preach? I'm in the midst of a remodel and I've been plagued with indecision and fear the whole time. I finally had to "pull the trigger" on some major decisions and now they're made and I'm still apprehensive. The thing to remember is, this is all temporal stuff. Wood, hay, stubble. It isn't eternal so it does not rate ceaseless anxiety.

    I too think in terms of what my children will like to have when I'm gone. That thought was behind every decorating decision I've made in the last several weeks. I'm only 59 and I hope these things get well-used by me and my beloved for many years to come. But I do think in terms of "heirloom" even if something is not of the quality one would normally reserve for such items.

    I've also been cleaning out closets -- you would not believe how much stuff has been thrown away and/or carted to Goodwill. And I'm not finished yet. I don't want my kids to have to do the things I should have done.

    I think you should go get your furniture -- but don't try to match the carpet. Go for some contrast. I can't wait to see the pics when it's done and you are thoroughly enjoying your new environment. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too hate brown! I like colors of the sea. I like light and airy and bright, I have blinds at my windows that I never let down--even at night--except the bedroom. :-) A friend told me that her Aunt, about my age said, "I'm going to buy new furniture. I am going to put it on my charge card and I will pay for it and enjoy it as long as I'm here. If I don't get it paid off by the time I die---well, that's not my worry. What can they do me to then?"

      Delete
  5. Hang in there. You'll make a 'good enough' decision and be very thorough about it. You've thought of every angle humanly possible. Make room for serendipity to enter like an angel to bless this enterprise, and that new chair will fit beautifully with your white walls and carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are getting the carpet and furniture!! The painting and carpeting will make you feel like you're in a new home!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete