title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Worried



I am extremely worried about my blog friend Sally.  She last left a post on February 6th.  That was also the last time we saw her status posting on Face Book.  I have sent her e-mails and FB messages, as have others and so far--no reply from her.

Last night I got so worried just thinking about it, that instead of shutting down my computer and going to bed at 11:00, I started searching for answers.  When I get something in my mind, especially like this, I get compulsive or like a dog with a bone, and I won't let up until I figure it out.

First, I went into her FB list of friends and checked a few of their pages--nothing said about Sally.  Then I found her daughter, Patti's page and checked that out--her last post was back in July.  I knew her grand daughter's husband's name, so I went to his Timeline--his last FB post was on February 6th too.  Now I was really getting worried.

Then I remembered--her grand daughter Brittney is on my friend's list.  So I put searched Britt's name and her page didn't come up.  Strange.

Then, I went into my own Friend's list, clicked on Britt's picture and it said, "This account has been deactivated."

Really scared now!

I wished I could remember some of the names that had commented on Britt's status, so I could find their Timeline's and check to see if they had posted anything about her.

One last attempt, I went back into Sally's Timeline and read down some of her posts.  Back in the fall, I remember things she had posted and some had comments from Britt.  

I found a status, Sally had posted.  Down in the comments, Sally had said, "I don't know, Britt." and yet the comment from Britt was not there.

If her account has been deactivated, than any comment she had made on ANY ONE'S FB status would be gone.

Brittney's FB account has been deactivated.  Her mother's, husband's, Sally's accounts are all there with no posts since February 6th.

I have only one conclusion to make from this.  

My mind is just going crazy now!  She has three little kids.  Her only sibling was killed a few years ago.  She is her mother's only child and Sally's only grand daughter.

I just want to get in my car and start driving south to Green Cove Springs, Florida to find my friend, Sally.

Please God, take care of Sally and her family. 














13 comments:

  1. Maybe they're on vacation. Smart people don't post that info online so their house doesn't get robbed while they're gone? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true. It drives me crazy when some people in my family break that safety rule of not posting about vacations until you get back.

      Delete
  2. Did you google her name plus the word obituary? That's the first thing I would have done. Where does she live? If it's out East where they are getting all the snow they could all be really busy dealing with it or they could have lost power. I always first assume computer issues when someone is off line over a week or so. From my Facebook experiences, if someone dies or is sick there are ALWAYS posts asking for prayers or sharing memories and photos. No news is good news until you hear differently in my book.

    A deactivated account just be the results of a hacking or someone just getting tried of the whole FB thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this past week coincide with any school vacations? She could be away with them, and like 'Have the T-shirt' said, not post anything until she's back. Or it could have something to do with her Mom. So frustrating!!! Unless people have land lines, you can't even find their cell number. Since you know her name and where she lives you could call local hospitals. Or check on her mother's name at hospitals. Ach! You've thought of all this! Keep us posted <:-]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally last posted that her great grand daughter was spending last weekend with her.
    Her FB page is still active, as is her daughter's, her grand daughter's husbands--but her grand daughter's has been deactivated. There is no school vacations. They live in Florida and don't take vacations. If her grand daughter is ill, Sally would have asked for prayers on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We become so emtionally close to those we share with on the computer
    and yet we have never met..
    Last night it was calling for severe winter snow storm
    I awake this morning to a dusting but a lot of ice on roads
    which is dangerous and hopefully no power outages
    here in the woods. Appt for CT scan in the morning I will
    postpone and maybe even cancel...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't go anywhere if the roads are icy, Ernestine.
      If the CT scan can wait, then wait for a better time.
      Love you--

      Delete
  6. I wish I didn't have to work because I would grab you and Debbie and we would all head down to Florida to look for her! Like you I am afraid something happened to Britt and I don't know if Sally's sweet heart could take it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anything happened in the family, Sally is the one who will hold them all together! She has been through a lot in her life, and she is strong. I worry about Patti, and of course, those babies. I spent some time last night searching some more and cannot find out a thing.

      Delete
    2. If you know her name, age and the city she lives in, you can find her phone phone online.

      Delete
    3. I already checked that out the other day. She has a cell phone and it is not listed. I have her number now, called and it went to voice mail.

      Delete
  7. Oh my....I've been out of touch for about a week due to a surgery. Praying for our friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really worried Deb. All we can do is pray! Glad your shoulder is coming along--better than expected.

      Delete