title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, February 12, 2015

JUBILIATION

Sunny day--in more ways then one!!

I know--we aren't suppose to brag and probably as soon as I do, fate will drop one heck of a medical bomb on me, BUT--------------

I had a blood draw Monday--I got the report yesterday and it looked good to me.  Today, I had my physical appointment at the primary care doc.  I have always complained because he wants to see me every 3-4 months--to "monitor my condition."  I don't think I have any conditions that need monitoring.  Like I said before, he can't cure my Tinnitus, my arthritis, or my Benign Essential Tremor in my right hand, so---what is he monitoring?  I found out the answer today.  I have high blood pressure and I'm on meds for it, soooooooo.  

Today, I weighed in at 164.  I am 5'10" tall.  My BMI is 23.  My BP: 117/68  My pulse rate: 56.  My oxygen: 99%.  My carotid arteries are at 30%, my heart is strong and steady and my lungs are, "as clean as a whistle".  

As I was waiting, I hear him coming down the hall, "JUDE!  JUDE!  WHICH ROOM ARE YOU IN?"

I get up, go to the door and say, "I'M, IN HERE!!"

He bops in, and says, "I am so happy with your blood work!  I mean--I AM SO HAPPY!   Hop up on the table there."

So I did. 

"I just cannot believe it.  You have the blood work I'd want to see in a fifty year old!  How old are you?"

"Seventy-five and a half."

"No you aren't!  Your forty-five---honest--forty-five, health wise."

I have never seen this guy so excited.

"Normal carotid artery blockage in someone your age is 50-79%--you are at 30%.  It's amazing.  Your cholesterol is so perfect!  Your blood sugar, your potassium, your thyroid, your hemoglobin--perfect--you are perfect!"

He takes a step back, looks at me and says, "I see now why you are never sick--your immune system is phenomenal.  You really look great.  I mean it, you look really good."

So I'm getting excited by now and then he said the magical words, "I don't want to see you for six months!  Come back in August."

Well, I floated out of the office and all the way home I just kept saying "Thank you God!  Thank you God!"  

I just might live to be 90!! (If I don't get too cocky and fate decides to show me who's boss!)
============================
 Lots of Lovely Dovey's coming in for a snack.
Maggie has decided she can see more up on my desk than she can from the window sill
==============================
Karen (daughter) took me out to supper.  Gosh--we had a great time.  Both of us talking as fast as we could.  She had just returned from a retreat and was telling me about it and about going to Guatemala to visit Maddie and build a house, while they are there.  

We went to Olga's Kitchen--a place I have never been before.  I thought that $8.29 was a bit much for a sandwich, but it was so tasty!  I got the Angus Steakburger wrap--I guess they call it a wrap?  Such tasty bread (wrap) and some sort of really good mayonnaise.  Karen had chicken something and we shared a basket of curly fries.

The best part was just being with her and chattering away about everything.  Gosh, I like her.  She is the sweetest woman I have ever known!
============
Susan called me tonight.  We talked for 75 minutes!!!



6 comments:

  1. It doesn't get that much better at a doctor's office. That's great, Judy! I love bi-annual appointments. You can work them so you're going in the fall and spring and don't have to worry about bad weather driving or cancellations.

    Isn't it wonderful to be able to say you really like your daughter. I have nieces that I can say that about...love spending time with them and I think they feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy for you...
    My bloodwork last week - all great
    except elevated sed rate and arthur has kicked in
    thats alright - as maybe when the cold weather ends it will go away.
    Now this one
    5 ft 2 - weight 108 - and bp a little elevated at the moment
    but all is fine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your doctors visit went well! Good for you taking such good care of yourself (plus good genes don't hurt, either!) Sounds like you had a great couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jubilation is the perfect title for this post. Congratulations on your clean health report card.

    So glad you enjoyed your lunch with Karen. I know what you mean about 'liking' her. We all love our children, but it's wonderful when you simply like who they've turned out to be. I feel the same way about my son and DIL. Having adult children that you genuinely like is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I am so thrilled for you. Keep doing what you're doing, and eating what you're eating, and feeling what you're feeling! It sounds safe to say you have decades more.

    What dear conversations you had with your sweetheart Karen and Susan. I bet you slept like a baby : -)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS!!!! Amazing doctor report. I'm envious. So I had fruit and plain yogurt for breakfast .... I'm still NOT exercising every day and I eat like I did when I was 20. GOOD FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete